The online racing simulator
Quote from OTone :I am the person who made that screenshot.
After around 5 minutes I got a message saying "Server refused connection". After another 5 minutes (roughly) I can join the server again having the same issues shown on the screenshot.
Might help something. Good luck.

Airio automaticly gives you ban for x days when you got OOS for y times
x,y- is possible to configure in config file
Okay, thank you for the information.
The unaffected CG servers were (are still?) not on B3.
Quote from Scawen :I do think he is the real hacker.

He has used a variety of licensed user names (that don't belong to him) and ip addresses to go online.

and how did he get access to these usernmames? IMO is only possible by hacking master server since master server sends username and userID to host or im wrong?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :and how did he get access to these usernmames? IMO is only possible by hacking master server since master server sends username and userID to host or im wrong?

In a perfect world, yes. Where *all* users have strong passwords, use anti-virus software and never install 3rd party software But we all know that's never gonna happen.
Quote from chucknorris :When the system-time goes backwards (i.e. due to ntp updates), the Insim is detected as timed-out. That problem only exists under Wine. Windows uses a counter that can only go forward, even if the time changes.

Let me guess, using ntpdate on a cron, rather than ntpd?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Let me guess, using ntpdate on a cron, rather than ntpd?

Neither of them, its the virtual hardware clock that changes
Quote from chucknorris :Neither of them, its the virtual hardware clock that changes

You may want to consider disabling your hypervisor's time syncing and relying on ntpd. It won't jump forwards/backwards in large increments, but rather make micro adjustments (iirc the max by default is 128ms) that will slow down or speed up the clock without affecting time sensitive apps - such as LFS.

Will be honest I'd be interested in knowing what hypervisor you're using though...
That would be nice, but I have no influence on what the physical host machine does. I know they use XEN servers.
I've used Xen but I'd never seen time jump backwards in a domU.. Sounds like the host is doing something unusual in dom0... Mind you without seeing what they're actually doing, who knows Meh.
Quote from chucknorris :When the system-time goes backwards (i.e. due to ntp updates), the Insim is detected as timed-out. That problem only exists under Wine. Windows uses a counter that can only go forward, even if the time changes.

This appears to be a WINE issue because WINE gets system time rather incorrectly. I might be able to hack together a quick patch if you can build WINE yourself from the source...
Quote :Time out : Lost connection to master server

Normally this happens once every two weeks, one week.. Tops.

Now much more often. Maybe the additional checks are causing more TCP traffic that the buffers cannot handle it anymore? Massive connection loss also occurs when I try to send too many buttons at once. Tried to improve TCP buffer handling couple of months back but better then the current situation I can't achieve. Normally it's stable anyway. (Despite some wouldblock errors in log).

I have no other clues.
Quote from cargame.nl :Now much more often. Maybe the additional checks are causing more TCP traffic that the buffers cannot handle it anymore?

That's mysterious. There are only a few bytes more sent when someone joins so it can't be an overload. Let's see what happens with that. I'd be surprised if LFS changes were the cause, maybe something funny with your connection or ours.

But what does concern me quite a lot is how your S1 and S2 hosts got into that state where anyone connecting would get a JOOS, so the hosts remained empty. It seems that happened after an OVERFLOW around the time when there were some TCP issues.

Have you (or anyone else) had that problem before? I am finding it hard to see how the test patch changes could have introduced that as a new bug. And where I look for the answer depends a bit on if it's a new or old bug.
LFSWorld goin down?
It looks like there have been some internet issues near our servers (a rare event, I think). I was having trouble loading the forum at some point. Also the racers online graph at lfs world is glitchy.
Quote from Scawen :It looks like there have been some internet issues near our servers (a rare event, I think). I was having trouble loading the forum at some point. Also the racers online graph at lfs world is glitchy.

Yeah, i couldn't connect to LFSCART server too at one point (server not found on master server). That said, we had massive timeouts during race, not sure if 500servers or the dedi was the cause, i'm sure someone will bring further info on this, if it's dedi issue.
We have never seen Scawen as active for several years. That's great. :woohoo:
Quote from AnakinSkywalker :We have never seen Scawen as active for several years. That's great. :woohoo:

Actually we have, about a year ago when 0.6B was due to be released. Stop kidding yourself that you've done anything to be proud of...
Quote :Have you (or anyone else) had that problem before? I am finding it hard to see how the test patch changes could have introduced that as a new bug. And where I look for the answer depends a bit on if it's a new or old bug.

No problems so far on my 0.6B3 host. I presume the issue has more chance to surface on a full server? Is there any additional information which could help us to reproduce the bug (server settings) ?
Oh right, I did notice lfsforum didn't want to load up one or two times.
I thank you for your tries, nothing more to say at this moment.
Quote from sicotange :No problems so far on my 0.6B3 host. I presume the issue has more chance to surface on a full server? Is there any additional information which could help us to reproduce the bug (server settings) ?

Not yet, but at least part of the OVERFLOW problem is many years old, mass disconnects do take place and that is certainly nothing new. So I'm going to try to figure out exactly what can cause that, and under what circumstances the host cannot recover from it.

At this point I think it's the overflow that put the cargame hosts into the bad state and I'm guessing it's nothing to do with B3 and that it's just a coincidence that this unusual bug appeared on the first day of trying with a new version, and also that rare internet problems near our servers caused some master server and InSim relay disconnections.
commands such as /w pb did not work today either
I found this in the log of a b3 server that I'm running.

(EET times)
Aug 25 20:17 :56 Listen : Lost connection to master server
Aug 25 21:13 :35 Listen : Lost connection to master server
Aug 25 21:30 :52 Listen : Lost connection to master server
This thread is closed

Ban this guy please [hacker using no username]
(333 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG