The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you like to never see stupid posts as described below again?

yes
no
Quote from [Audi TT] :Fast update LFS this is bad. You see on graphics, model auto and track, physics. The made in fast temp. Link

Fast update of Iracing is bad ?
Their not three a man.
How many people develop iRacing ?
who cares how many developers? who cares if you have family? youre doing business. if you fail, its your fault, you should have hired more developers. you didn't want more? so dont be surprised your product is not selling and you dont have players.
Quote from majod :who cares how many developers? who cares if you have family? youre doing business. if you fail, its your fault, you should have hired more developers. you didn't want more? so dont be surprised your product is not selling and you dont have players.

I'm not that drastic. What I think is that people should be aware of their capabilities and know when they can keep up with what the community expects from them or not.

LFS is developed buy three brilliant guys who did a great sim on their own. Although, they proposed to their costumers to do something they are not able to achieve, for what ever reason.

My suggestion a few months ago was simple:
- open LFS, at least, for community track building.
- facelift the cars, make them more actual and not so 90's (with the obvious exceptions, like BF1 and the Caterhams).

With at least more tracks available, more people would still buy S2 licenses. The lack of new content is putting LFS in oblivion... and the devs don't have the capabilities nowadays to provide that, so let us do it.

If not, there are only two options: send new content or simply shut the whole thing for good.
Funny to see how this thread/poll turns into an inevitable "LFS is dead" thread. Kind of a self-fullfilling prophecy, isn't it.
No reason to be disillusioned, there should be some good releases this year. Like in 2008,2009,2010 and 2011
Quote from NunoMike :I'm not that drastic. What I think is that people should be aware of their capabilities and know when they can keep up with what the community expects from them or not.

LFS is developed buy three brilliant guys who did a great sim on their own. Although, they proposed to their costumers to do something they are not able to achieve, for what ever reason.

Mine point of view was as a customer's, yours is as a LFS player.

When I meet my potential customers, I can't tell them to wait and I let them know when it's finished. They will choose someone else, who can deliver, or at least LET THEM KNOW how's it going. And they're willing to pay more to have things done in the right time.
If I tell them "I'm sorry, it will take some time, you know, there's only 3 of us and there's lots of things to do, you just have to wait and it will be done when it's done. Don't expect any email from me in next 4 years." you think they will wait?

LFS devs can afford this approach even when it's rude and arrogant towards the players. There's strong player base in this community, which gives hope to everyone else. That's why devs can see they can treat players however they want, cos they know people will always come back.
Quote from Hoshimodo :
Funny to see how this thread/poll turns into an inevitable "LFS is dead"

They are like flies smelling dead matter, annoying and stupid.
meh, I've accepted the fact that LFS will NOT progress anymore.
Quote from waynos :
I think sadly quite a few people have become bored with it which is going to happen after so many years without much new content, this seems to have effected online play alot, gone are the days when I used to spend hours in the FOX car.

The quality of the racing with FOX and the quality of the online community was really something a few years back. It really was a fun time to be involved in LFS.
Quote from NunoMike :I'm not that drastic. What I think is that people should be aware of their capabilities and know when they can keep up with what the community expects from them or not.

My suggestion a few months ago was simple:
- open LFS, at least, for community track building.
- facelift the cars, make them more actual and not so 90's (with the obvious exceptions, like BF1 and the Caterhams).

With at least more tracks available, more people would still buy S2 licenses. The lack of new content is putting LFS in oblivion... and the devs don't have the capabilities nowadays to provide that, so let us do it.

If not, there are only two options: send new content or simply shut the whole thing for good.

I hope the Devs open LFS, i see no problem at all, look at rF or GTL for example, they are open AND sold verry well!
Now, two things can be happening.

- They are secretly working on the S3 update, the tyre physics are finished and they are just making new content (lol it sounds so unreal I couldn't even type it )
- The tyre physics are still being worked on, and we'll get a test patch once it's ready. If it ever will be.
lol like they always say. shit in one hand piss in the other see which feels up faster.
Quote from AlexK@ZW :I hope the Devs open LFS, i see no problem at all, look at rF or GTL for example, they are open AND sold verry well!

Yes, but what is our favourite game?

Loads of contents are "cool", but an open design would lead to less quality, which is the opposite direction LFS aims (and at least, I agree with LFS' philosophy)
Quote from Frunze118 :I think S3 will be only for BTCC racers. Damn i want to be him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWCPFcr3dLw

Original video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hutWjFtBd0

Quote.
I am driving on the right, my 5 year old lad is on the left one, there are 6 race seats all in a line and all connected to the same LAN network, cost £2 for 10 mins racing. Its a Rockingham Motor Speedway in Northamptonshire, went to watch the BTCC meet and this was one of the highlights of the day! :oD
FOX with a G25? That must be god awful, just like the progression of LFS.
@Audi TT: Nice event! Hope your kid enjoyed it as much as yourself
Quote from Bose :FOX with a G25? That must be god awful, just like the progression of LFS.

Why this? Jealous? Bitter? What progress have you made to improve the spare-time fun of 50000 people?
Quote from Ingolf :Why this? Jealous? Bitter? What progress have you made to improve the spare-time fun of 50000 people?

Jealous at what? Bitter? Why should I? And yeah I have, unlike some other devs.

Good evening.
@Bose: OK, that sounds fantastic. Could you please point me in the right direction where you have entertained thousands of people with your accomplishments. I must have totally missed it! Game name? Website? I am not so up-to-date nowadays so I would be delighted if there's some car racing development going on that I've missed. No offence mate, development is what we all want, and I apologize for having totally missed what you have going .
Quote from [Audi TT] :Original video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hutWjFtBd0

Quote.
I am driving on the right, my 5 year old lad is on the left one, there are 6 race seats all in a line and all connected to the same LAN network, cost £2 for 10 mins racing. Its a Rockingham Motor Speedway in Northamptonshire, went to watch the BTCC meet and this was one of the highlights of the day! :oD

"Why does daddy get 2 goes and I only get 1"
Quote from Ingolf :@Bose: OK, that sounds fantastic. Could you please point me in the right direction where you have entertained thousands of people with your accomplishments. I must have totally missed it! Game name? Website? I am not so up-to-date nowadays so I would be delighted if there's some car racing development going on that I've missed. No offence mate, development is what we all want, and I apologize for having totally missed what you have going .

Ingolf pls

chck sgnatur nd avtr
@Bose, good on ya! Nice twitter, blogs, forums and webpages.
  • Web design.
  • Web development.
  • Search Engine Optimization.
I like the Fanatec Wheel application. Keep it up!
LFS has so much potential, but seems like they are not interested in using it.
Quote from [Audi TT] :

Quote.
cost £2 for 10 mins racing. Its a Rockingham Motor Speedway in Northamptonshire

SAY IT AGAIN ??? IT COST £2 driving on this ?? Now my last Hope dies...
We would Pay for a TrackPack and become a shit of nothing but driving there for 10mins cost £2.. the time will tell if they need our money with the release of S3 or they giving a shit and they had already left us behind their project of silence

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG