The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you like to never see stupid posts as described below again?

yes
no
The stop "the LFS/dev are dead" threads poll
Each time I come here, there's always a lamer topic like "when scirocco out?" "are the devs dead?" "lfs is dead" at the top of the list.
I am really pissed off these boring bullshits. LFS forum has got a better intelligence level years before.
I just want to know if I'm the only one in this case…
If there were answers, there would be no questions.
Don't be childish, answers are known.
I posted a thread like this a while ago.
Then it starts a flame war and scawen locks the thread.
Anyway i want them to shut up about it!
So get me right, you complain about people complaining about a complainable matter?

Joke aside, people are differnent, but saying only positive remarks of LFS should be allowed to be post on the forum is not the right way doing it.
Both bad and positive respons are usefull. But we have to remember this, it's a difference between a person beeing fanboy / positive, and there is a difference between whiner / negative person. Saying everyone that complains is the same is wrong, and I think you know that too.

For example, the ones that takes their time raising questions and asking in a polite manner - shouldn't they be allowed to raise their voice too?
What kind of fairlytail do you want this forum to be - all just smiles and giggles?

I am in the boat between the positive and negative. I play the game every now and then, but at same time I catch myself writing negative things regarding the developement. Why I do so I don't know, I guess it's kind of stress relifer / anger management. When there have not been a good update sine the launch of S2 in 2005, people have the right to be a little anoyed every now and then, specially when the devs has desided that the whole community are a bunch of ****s.

Remember what happend with Rockingham? Some random people on a random stand at a racing event got to play it, but NO ONE of the caring community got any info, screens or whatever from the devs about this. It was first at a later state when people whent nuts on the forum that the devs gave out some info.

Now that's some caring devs right there, letting their true followers in the dark, followers that soon have been here for 10 years.

So get me right, a lot of whine sure, but I still like the game and deep inside me I am hoping for a patch anyday now, it just anoys me how unthankfull the devs are to their users.
You like wasting time on trivialities. My word is just «ENOUGH». It has been for YEARS we have such sterile whinings about LFS development. I am TIRED of the general section of this forum. You don't really need to enculer les mouches like this sorry.
Oh dear god and the lfs threads were finally dead... you've just given them ammunition /facepalm

P.S. Where are them S3 already, arrr?
Quote from Bogey Jammer :You like wasting time on trivialities. My word is just «ENOUGH». It has been for YEARS we have such sterile whinings about LFS development. I am TIRED of the general section of this forum. You don't really need to enculer les mouches like this sorry.

Well then we just do not agree then I guess.
For me a forum is a place to exchange oppinions about, well bascially anything. If it's bad or god, it doesn't matter, as long people use at least two brain cells before their raise their opinion.
(I know I have failed at that several times lol).

I rather have a forum that is active than having an dead forum.
If that means that we have to coop with some stupid threads every now and then - so be it.

Niki: Come search my pocket, got a S3 for you here.
Maybe there's a limit to set when most of people are bored for a certain opinion.
btw you are telling me from your point of view that junky opinions like racist ones must be tolerated in a forum.
As long as LFS exists, there's no reason this forum dies, no matter if people want to talk about racing or being gay.
Wait.... wait...WHAT!?
Where did you read that I encourage racistic and offensive posting?

What I say is that we must tollerate different opinions, within a limit of course. I don't encourage people saying "LFS SUCKS DICK", I encourage people to give their well written opinions.
A bad opinion can be good, as long as the writer takes some time writing and reflecting. Negative posting is not the same as whining.
Quote from The Very End :For me a forum is a place to exchange oppinions about, well bascially anything. If it's bad or god, it doesn't matter

Ok I know you didn't mean what I said but well, the only action of talking should not be your finality.
I voted no, mostly for teh lulz but people are on their rights to ask for stuff that was supposed to be released almost 4 years ago.

Plus theres nothing else to be discussed, if it werent for these thread the forum would be dead.
It might just be that we have some difficoulity understanding each others now, and by the way - no hard feelings, as I said I enjoy having an discussion

I understand your point of veiw. It's tiresome to see all these topics pop up saying LFS is dead, LFS sucks, Devs are monkys etc etc, but that's just something we have to coop with since we're having an open forum.
The best we can do is to report the most offensive and bad posts and topics out there, so the moderators and devs can either lock or remove the things from the forum.

You know, it's an art trying to give reason to an negative feedback, and often the users that writes those are deep inside just frustrated of the developement - not the game. If they did not like the game they wouldn't even take their time moaning on the forum
There are LFS users who are not active on LFS Forums (compared to those who check back hourly, daily, weekly and monthly). They might have bought/played LFS a while back and haven't played for a few years... They're likely to come back to the forums and inquire about elusive VWS, RO and S3. Probably not the best thing to bite their heads off about not being up-to-date about LFS' progression.

Of course then theres the occational troll who will start a similar topic simply to stir up a sh!tstorm.
I like these topics, I myself wrote a lot of them
And what if the development policy is like this because of possibly disrespectful behavior of these people?
What you mean? You mean that the devs have distanced themself due to whining on the forum?

If so, thats what's allready have happend.
Back in time the devs would write lost and tight about what they did, but after the shitstorm after LX8 and rallypack they desided it was better off not communicating that much

However, a thing between sillence and active communication would be good.
#18 - Be2K
I stoped playing LFS since 2009. Then 0.6B was released and i hoped the community were getting more active and S3 Plans are going to be announced.

The big hype about 0.6B wasnt that big and there arent many servers left with open configs. Now i'm driving in a league with a Race every 2 weeks and thats it. I tried iRacing because i would something new but lfs is more better then iRacing. The only Thing that is missing in LFS are Tracks and some Wethercondition simulations.

LFS isnt that bad and in my opinion. The most of us arent whining about LFS and the Devs, they are more complaining about the non-communication and the wasted opportunity that LFS could have.

For now we got the same old Things since 2005 and if we are telling the truth every Game that is getting older and older dies little by little. One or two signs of progress wouldnt that much and it shows that LFS will get new Things and isnt dead
Quote from Be2K :I stoped playing LFS since 2009. Then 0.6B was released and i hoped the community were getting more active and S3 Plans are going to be announced.

The big hype about 0.6B wasnt that big and there arent many servers left with open configs. Now i'm driving in a league with a Race every 2 weeks and thats it. I tried iRacing because i would something new but lfs is more better then iRacing. The only Thing that is missing in LFS are Tracks and some Wethercondition simulations.

LFS isnt that bad and in my opinion the most us arent whining about LFS and the Devs, they are more complaining about the non-communication and the wasted opportunity that LFS could have.

For now we got the same old Things since 2005 and if we are telling the truth every Game that is getting older and older dies little by little. One or two signs of progress wouldnt that much and it shows that LFS will get new Things and isnt dead

Well written, and I think that sums up many people's thoughts.
I think "any" discussion is healthy.. and show's support in the community for what is a truly ground breaking sim.
moaning and complaining about development is a waist of time as it certainly does not speed development up, but its all ways the same people that complain, they should have there own little corner were they can complain with out any one else having to see the negative ballshit people talk about,
I no that when the new updates are here people will still find something to complain about,
Happy days enjoy what you have!
All the wining is just an expression of how much everybody cares about this title, or? It would be much more beneficial for all of us, gamers and developers, if it could be expressed in positive ways instead. Inspiration dwells on positive feedback, so yes, I really would like to see an end to all the "complaints-leading-nowhere". However, I do not want to see an end to complaints leading to improvements (and I'm sure OP agrees here ).
Why not, if you have to complain, attach a positive, constructive and inspiring comment just before you hit the submit button. Perhaps that little, but yet significant, attitude-twist could change the world?

If LFS came out today we would cheer in joy and wonder, stand amazed by the attention to detail, feel and physics and regard it as a groundbreaking game. Some would say the graphics is not really that impressive or up to date, but who cares as the feeling and gameplay is fantastic. It just happens Scavier, being a pioneering team, developed this back in 2000, and here we are complaining about something we have. Something that is in fact great! Why?
The sharp edges of a once brilliant piece wears down over time as we play, and humans as we are, we're always thirsty for more and forget that the only thing that has changed is yourself. The game still delivers the same brilliant experience. But we dont see it anymore, because we're "used to it". Greedy and impatient, we demand more!

For whatever you are wishing for in LFS, there's nothing stopping you to make a sim with "all that" yourself. There's plenty of information around, university courses, good people, good literature (and you can read!), experts of all kinds that you can colaborate with, so I really cant see the purpose of all the unfounded complaints.

Imagine yourself in a developers shoes if all you get is shouts and complaints. Now, imagine if you instead had a massive positive support and ideas coming in on a forum. In which case would you feel more inspired to deliver the next patch?
this text is about players leaving. and please dont delete it, because there are only facts
First I want it to make it clear, this isnt bashing of developers, I like LFS as it is, althought I would like to get some new content ...

There are some people sayin LFS is dead, however I don't want to belive in it.
But there are just too many facts lately that are confirming their words.
Some of them are like 8 of 10 FM servers are shutdown, whole FM comunity is moving to rFactor 2.
Not just FM team, but all consistent people on these servers.
AMG is shuting down in month. also because of rFactor2
This is just few examples what happening right now.
And why all that happen, what do you think?

some lines from yesterdays FM event

[FM]^FaiLurE : lfs, the mobile phone game
[FM]^FaiLurE : lfs doesnt need updated tyre physics
[FM]^FaiLurE : lfs needs a complete new graphics engine
[FM]^FaiLurE : which will never happen
[FM]^FaiLurE : so there is no future for lfs
[FM]^FaiLurE : there is one main guy
[FM]^FaiLurE : who is stuck in stupid tyre physics update for 3 years now
baylife. Arne : whats his name again?
[FM]^FaiLurE : ridiculous
[FM]^FaiLurE : scawen roberts
baylife. Arne : scawen yea
-TRR- Rocky7up : whats server pass?
[FM]^FaiLurE : lfsisdeadhaha
-TRR- Rocky7up : lol
[FM]^FaiLurE : hehe lfs is not demanding enough so my vid card downclocks itself to save power
[FM]^FaiLurE : haha

Thats what one of most active man in LFS think.
Please dont make this thread like every else when will s3 come.
I listen to this guys for few months about constantly talking about rFactor, so I also tried this game last week.
Honestly physics feel like **** , but people dont mind they have lots of tracks and cars, 100 connections to server !!!.
Even the tracks arent so detailed like in LFS.
All in all honestly i didnt liked this game, for some 40 y old guy driving just LFS for last 7 years it hard to understand interface and all modifications to game.
so I made my decision I'll stick with LFS, but where to race... cargame?
Quote :this text is about players leaving.

So why do you post in the wrong thread then...?
Sometimes it can be entertaining to read some of the posts because the forum can feel quite boring.
One good thing about having an active discussion about development is for the new users that have no idea what the status of the game is.
But it is annoying to find the same threads starting again and again.
The devs could at least make a sticky for the new users so they won't ask.

The stop "the LFS/dev are dead" threads poll
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG