The online racing simulator
Your dream racing server
(71 posts, started )
For endurance series or event I can host any server, but for public, daily racing server it doesn't make sense for me. I do not recommend such servers and following your post: if server is full why someone should get in? It's full, there is no free slot to play. I like 35 slot server where 3 drivers can wait for place, but no more than this.
Only reason I can imagine why are you not willing max possible connections for public server is that your offered cheap hosting is a little cheap on bandwith...
Bandwidth it's not a problem. I can put over than 10000 players on one server if we only count bandwidth. In other cases (CPU, RAM, I/O) - I'm not doing it to provide good quality service
Longer track
My favorite track is the [url="about:blank#"]Nordschlife[/url]. I know there might be licensing problems with that particular track, but something close would really be nice.
(Bit of a bump, sorry.)

I'd like to see a sort of track-day kind of thing. On Aston Historic or WE or even rotating tracks. Where it's all cars. I like being a faster car passing slower cars, and even vice versa (Except in a regular racing situation. ).

I also like the idea of a certain race on a certain day of the week. +1 to that.
I think good idea make possible choose few tracks in one time.
I like the idea of a server which changes track each day at a certain time. The car class used may change once an hour or once every 6 races or so and this should be voted upon or auto switched to a pre-determined list. No car-rest, no midjoin, races around 15 min each with a mandatory pitstop just to spread out the field.

Stupid options for tracks (like BF1 at BL2, UF1 at AS6, or FZR at FE1) would obviously be left off of the options or rotation list.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another server which would be a less popular idea in this community would be a deticated oval server with a track and car rotation. KY1, F24, and a few good autocross ovals would be a good inclusion that would end the boringness of KY1 over and over again. Of course, this kind of server would require more than 2 or 3 good admins who know how oval racing in LFS should be conducted.

No car-reset, no midjoin, races around 10 min long without a required pitstop.

I don't think the LFS community has enough oval interest in order to keep this server a-float, so I'll just keep on dreaming
Quote from Cornys :I don't think the LFS community has enough oval interest in order to keep this server a-float, so I'll just keep on dreaming

I will dream with you mate
Full TBO grid:bowdown:
Quote from R34GTR :Full TBO grid:bowdown:

Only in events . Last year's World TBO Championship Series never bested 28 competitors
Ctra ss2
@Cornys, @Sobis - do you wonna be admins on Oval like that? Do you know how to configure Airio? I can provide it for you with clear config.
Yes, I would love to administrate Oval server and no, I don't know how to configure Airio or do anything else with it (except for writing commands ). Let Cameron say his 'plan'.
I'am currently at summer job and I have very slow internet connection so I can't set it up, but I think maybe later or at the beginning of August I'll share an server for you. Please, deliver me how the Airio should behaviour (car changes, tracks, etc.)
Quote from misiek08 :I'am currently at summer job and I have very slow internet connection so I can't set it up, but I think maybe later or at the beginning of August I'll share an server for you. Please, deliver me how the Airio should behaviour (car changes, tracks, etc.)

Well, the idea is that the server would change the track and car combination once every 5 races or so. I can provide a few good oval layouts for autocross.

Auto-spec for wrong way driving and speeding in pitlane and encourage drivers to spectate if they crash. The rest would be up to administration to enforce. I would be able to help, and I know a few other people who would be good oval admins along with Sobis since I'm not entirely active when it comes to public racing.

I can give more details over PM if you'd like. I just don't know if such a server would be very busy
If you can find someone to configure Airio it will be better, because I really don't have much time to do it.
I'd let the host use the tracklist, and it would be awesome if it were unique for every car class, for instance on STD day host uses shorter configs such as FE1, SO2 etc. as longer tracks are not really enjoyable in slower cars , for GTR we could use moe, igtc, gtal combos to which people are accustomed to, TBO-LRF-NGT could run pretty much everything.
Ordering people to shift+s after crash is dumb IMO, I think people got reckless and don't pay attention to yellow flags anymore. We should promote clean racing in the purest form: without points, ranks and stuff.
Quote from misiek08 :If you can find someone to configure Airio it will be better, because I really don't have much time to do it.

I'll see what I can do
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : ...aaaand it's gone.
full FIA flag rules

a server with clean racing is all we need
i'd love a server with obsecure tracks run in the same fashion as cargame,

but with SS style tracks in say AU/BL3 as well as say... oval... modified bl1X etc

using the most popular layouts, perfhaps modded slightly with consent to suit the number of drivers or cars used.
i couldnt agree with this guy more.

Your dream racing server
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG