The online racing simulator
Your dream racing server
(71 posts, started )
@PMD9409 - I'm not limiting number of ideas. If you don't mind creating and admining those 2 server I can host them with Airios or any other InSIm that run on Linux.

Every server that will survive first 3 month will stay forever (what means survive? at least 10-15 average racers each day after first 3 month)
Quote from Eclipsed :Fixed...

OT: Nord is overrated, and while it's great track and it would be cool addition, i think people wouldn't handle it and got away from it, or worse, used it for drifting and cruising. /OT
Ctra
Quote from PMD9409 :Can we drop the multi class (keep double class please) and add a rallycross + bump&jump instead? Maybe incorporate a joker lap into the tracks/layouts? I wouldn't mind building the layouts.

Sounds great
Quote from misiek08 :@PMD9409 - I'm not limiting number of ideas. If you don't mind creating and admining those 2 server I can host them with Airios or any other InSIm that run on Linux.

Oh I don't want you to limit ideas at all don't worry. In the end to me it is your decision. Also, what 2 servers were you meaning?
1st: all-in-one server (every day something else)
2nd: rallycross.
Well I don't mind helping create it, but I'd need some community help in admining. I'm sure many would like to help.
I would have a host ready to go for either one, I'm just really tempted by the idea of rallycross server with a track rotation, including some autocross layouts too.
Should be implemented with some kind of voting system, so it's something that people actually want...
Because sometimes i see crowded servers suddenly go empty because the server decides to go BF1 @ FE1r....

So if Airio would make like a voting system, 1 vote pr. user pr. day, thus we could get some variable comboes and difficulties.

Quote from nikopdr :I would have a host ready to go for either one, I'm just really tempted by the idea of rallycross server with a track rotation, including some autocross layouts too.

Do it!
Niko by autocross layouts do you mean BnJ? If so I got a few layouts for you.

@Dennis: surely we could limit tracks based on car type. If not then use voting yes. BF1 at anything would probably kill the server anyways.
Quote from PMD9409 :Niko by autocross layouts do you mean BnJ? If so I got a few layouts for you.

@Dennis: surely we could limit tracks based on car type. If not then use voting yes. BF1 at anything would probably kill the server anyways.

Don't take it literally...

STD at ASGP can be quite painful as well.
That's why you would limit the track selection based on car type.
PMD9409 - I have place to do it. Like you said - many ppl will help you so I guarantee server and InSIm for it (Airio Free) and rest remain in your hands. I'll give you server and InSim propably today evening. Is it ok?
Yes, however I might not be able to set it up right away, I'm not free until Thursday.

BTW, is it possible in Airio to set up the server with different stuff each day? Would be better if automated and not having to change stuff manually each day.
Propably yes. I don't know it. I know how to host it, but not how to configure advanced options.
Quote from PMD9409 :Niko by autocross layouts do you mean BnJ? If so I got a few layouts for you.

Well, I was meaning something rallycross-ish, but BnJ is great fun too, admitted

Yeah, you could send them to me, I'll see if I can arrange a BnJ server, perhaps?
Quote from nikopdr :Well, I was meaning something rallycross-ish, but BnJ is great fun too, admitted

Yeah, you could send them to me, I'll see if I can arrange a BnJ server, perhaps?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1689940#post1689940

Check the attachments for BnJ.

If we use Airio on your server we can just work in a way to incorporate it and rallycross. Most of those BnJ layouts should only be 3 laps long. Some could be as long as 5 but I wouldn't go longer. 5 races per track with reverse grids (or reverse top 8 or something) could be sweet as well.

All were tested with TBO (mainly XRT), which IIRC all the CTRA BnJ server had was TBO.
@nikopdr - 25 slots will be ok?

PMD9409 - how many slots for those server do you need?
Well it would be nice to have a full server surely with 2-3 admin slots.
So 35?
Well I was thinking of full like 47. If you don't want to do that though, 40 should be plenty (to be able to keep a couple spectator slots).
I would not create such large server like 47 slots, because it doesn't make sense while only 32 players can race (on few track, less than 32).

@nikopdr - how many slots do you need?

PMD9409 - send me your e-mail via PM.
Quote from misiek08 :I would not create such large server like 47 slots, because it doesn't make sense while only 32 players can race (on few track, less than 32).

It makes sense, because that way it can handle a few spectating drivers who then may fill racing slots when a racer leaves the server. I'm sure it's easier and more likely for a racer to wait IN a server for say, an hour for a track slot to open than see it's full and can't get in - they'll just skip it and look for the next server and likely not come back to the server to check it.

You've also indicated to me that your service would not be an acceptable choice for hosting league events, especially those of an endurance/driver swap ability. Unless of course you only say you wouldn't create a 47 slot server just for a public server, but I still don't agree with that logic.

Your dream racing server
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG