The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I've not even tried the Caddy yet! Only got back to driving iRacing this week, and I can't tear myself away from the V8. A car I used to hate with a passion has now become my favorite car in the sim.
Yeah the V8 is just plain epic.
I believe we are getting NTM to Mustang tonight.. Could do some bit of racing then :o
So I won my Indy 500 split at the weekend, was an unbelievable race. Felt good to do it also with a setup that I made myself, which was far from the quickest car in the race but I still managed to win. 0 inc too for 500 miles is OK.
Quote from Hahmo :I believe we are getting NTM to Mustang tonight.. Could do some bit of racing then :o

Mustang on OTM is one of my favourite car. Hope they don't screw it up.
I took my boat out for a race today at Philip Island...the thing didnt want to turn to save itself. This continues my love hate relation ship with Philip Island.
Quote from DeKo :So I won my Indy 500 split at the weekend, was an unbelievable race. Felt good to do it also with a setup that I made myself, which was far from the quickest car in the race but I still managed to win. 0 inc too for 500 miles is OK.

Grats DeKo! Very impressive.
Quote from DeKo :So I won my Indy 500 split at the weekend, was an unbelievable race. Felt good to do it also with a setup that I made myself, which was far from the quickest car in the race but I still managed to win. 0 inc too for 500 miles is OK.

Sweet stuff.

On the other hand, I will be racing V8SC for the first time starting from tomorrow @ sebring night.. Got any tips for newcomer? :L
Learn the track in the day...
Yes Boothy, I know it's my first race but it doesn't mean I don't have even that bit of logic.. I think.. you can probably tell better since I always ask you for everything related to iR
Quote from AstroBoy :I took my boat out for a race today at Philip Island...the thing didnt want to turn to save itself. This continues my love hate relation ship with Philip Island.

Try a new set up. The baseline setup is absolutely rubbish. I tried the rough/smooth track setup and it was a lot better.
I'm impressed with the NTM on the V8... I too had the problem that this thing just would not turn in no matter how flimsy the bars were... Then I read in the forums to really control your braking to keep weight shifting smooth... Lo and behold, it turns!
Baseline is still shit, just managed to get into the 1:37s with that (doesn't help that I'm slow either)...

I never had any problem with braking in any sim, so the fact that it does make a difference and I now have to look out for that too is a huge plus for iRacing in my book...
Yea but no matter what car you drive irl you can always feel alot through the brake pedal and its easy to get good braking without locking etc. I feel iracing have just made it harder than it really would be.

I did feel that the v8 handled much better but i still have that steering problem so ive been avoiding playing it.
It took me a while to find the right braking on the V8. I did a qualifying session right before a race for PI. When entering T2 I tried braking a bit different and realized how much better I could brake. Started braking the same way into the hairpins and started gaining time. Ran the same all race and was running much better than i did in practice. Basically, it is a fine line but once you find it, it is so much better under braking.

In other news, the mustang feels great on the NTM. Quite surprised actually.
Quote from R3DMAN :Yea but no matter what car you drive irl you can always feel alot through the brake pedal and its easy to get good braking without locking etc. I feel iracing have just made it harder than it really would be.

If you're feeling things in the brake there is something wrong with it.

The differences between sim and real brakes are likely to do with the lack of hydraulic systems in sim brakes, and lack of adequate pedal pressure. Both issues can be fixed with money.
Quote from MadCat360 :Both issues can be fixed with money.

If you're under the impression that generic talent can be gifted with the aid of finances you're very naive. If you've ever noticed, most of the sim racers with the most expensive rigs are actually quite bad.
Quote from BlueFlame :If you're under the impression that generic talent can be gifted with the aid of finances you're very naive. If you've ever noticed, most of the sim racers with the most expensive rigs are actually quite bad.

:doh:
Quote from bbman ::doh:

What I said makes complete sense. The only thing that was a fail of sort is that you talent isn't that important for iRacing, as the way you drive the cars isn't like driving on the limit in reality.
he was talking about simulating brakes ingame. not buy skills for money
Well it sounded to me like he said 'if you buy a load cell, you'll be faster'.
Quote :if you buy a load cell, you'll be faster

... or nail your seat to the floor and stick a tennis ball under the brake pedal
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG