The online racing simulator
Skin stealing banter.....
(118 posts, closed, started )
Quote from edge3147 :You sir, are stupid.

No, you are stupid. And stop calling people stupid, it's not polite.
Quote from hyntty :No, you are stupid. And stop calling people stupid, it's not polite.

Quote from hyntty :No, you are stupid. And stop calling people stupid, it's not polite.

Go join Beano under the bridge, where you belong.
I get it now, 'under the bridge' must mean #lfs.

On the upside, it has made me listen to some RHCP
Quote from edge3147 :Fair use is a right granted to the public on all copyrighted work. Fair use rights take precedence over the author's interest. Thus the copyright holder cannot use a non-binding disclaimer, or notification, to revoke the right of fair use on works. However, binding agreements such as contracts or licence agreements may take precedence over fair use rights.

Sorry but fair use does not apply to the UK. Maybe you should take some reading material down to that bridge of yours
Noooooooooo, keep him away from the bridge.
Can someone just close this thread, since we've gone completely off-topic talking about bridges and all?
Okay so they see your skin in their eyes, but the server sees dicks and vaginal references?
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Okay so they see your skin in their eyes, but the server sees dicks and vaginal references?

Anyone who has not already downloaded the skin with that particular name gets the one with the childish pics, aye.

Presuming that the majority of skin stealers would be demo racers (unable to upload it themselves), surely its easier just to remove the skin, or rename it, so that they get a 'Skin not on LFSWorld' message and use something else in future ?

Do you want to come and play under my bridge as well ?
We have cake.
I'm in! I love bridges.
Fckin bridges, how do they work?
Quote from boothy :Sorry but fair use does not apply to the UK. Maybe you should take some reading material down to that bridge of yours

Super original. You copied me. And look at my location, I don't care about the UK.

ALSO, do some research, UK has similar laws, its just named differently (go figure). Look up Fair Dealing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C ... igns_and_Patents_Act_1988

Fckin Trolls.
Everytime you upload a skin to LFSWorld you are LEGALLY, giving a copy of your work to anyone that is connected to that same server as you. They have not stolen your work, nor have they claimed to have made said work. THEREFORE, nothing illegal has been done.

Mods needs to do their job, and lock threads that get out of hand like this, I already quoted what Victor said in previous skin posts like this.

LFS is a joke.
Quote from -NightFly- :
So why are you crying then?

No tears here, sorry to disappoint you. Just tired of this community and the trolls it has.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly- : nvrmnd, need my braincells for more intellectual activities.
Quote from edge3147 :Everytime you upload a skin to LFSWorld you are LEGALLY, giving a copy of your work to anyone that is connected to that same server as you. They have not stolen your work, nor have they claimed to have made said work. THEREFORE, nothing illegal has been done.

Mods needs to do their job, and lock threads that get out of hand like this, I already quoted what Victor said in previous skin posts like this.

LFS is a joke.

This thread never got out of hand until you turned up. You didn't even answer Bean0's quote......

Quote from Bean0 :I've slightly reworded your quote as follows...

"Web browsers have a feature which is called 'Automatic picture download'. Whenever you post a picture online to be viewed by other web users, they will download your picture from a webserver."

So basically you are saying that anything uploaded to a public area of the internet is fair game to be re-used however people see fit ?

Quote from edge3147 :You sir, are stupid. Go to LFSworld.net and then go to upload a skin.

That text that i quoted came from the skin uploading window.

See attached picture.

Go crawl back under the bridge you came out from under.

It's exactly the same thing. It doesn't matter where it says it, it's the same concept. And it even says in your quote "when you update a skin, just re-upload it with the same name" - that's exactly what this guy just did And calling Bean0 stupid is hardly nice.....
Quote from J@tko :This thread never got out of hand until you turned up. You didn't even answer Bean0's quote......

It's exactly the same thing. It doesn't matter where it says it, it's the same concept. And it even says in your quote "when you update a skin, just re-upload it with the same name" - that's exactly what this guy just did And calling Bean0 stupid is hardly nice.....

The only reason I called Beano stupid is because he reworded a quote in an attempt to be funny.

have fun with your dying simulator and the trolls that populate it.

Nobody is selling these skins or claiming to have made them. Nothing you can do about your skins being used besides crying like little 4 yr olds or being immature teenagers? Wrong.

Delete the skin and rename it, don't upload a troll skin just because you think it is funny.

Learn to name your skins without obvious names and you wont be a target.
Quote from edge3147 :The only reason I called Beano stupid is because he reworded a quote in the attempt to be funny.

And in what way is that stupid? It's perfectly true
Quote from edge3147 :have fun with your dying simulator and the trolls that populate it.

Will do, thanks.

Quote from edge3147 :Nobody is selling these skins or claiming to have made them. Nothing you can do about your skins being used besides crying like little 4 yr olds or being immature teenagers? Wrong.

Delete the skin and rename it, don't upload a troll skin just because you think it is funny.

Why not? It's perfectly legal. LFS World even says you can do it. What's wrong with you changing the skins you put online, it's YOUR skin to do what you like with.
Quote from edge3147 :Learn to name your skins without obvious names and you wont be a target.

What?!?!? You've completely missed the boat there.....
Quote from J@tko :And in what way is that stupid? It's perfectly true

The situations are completely different.

Quote from J@tko :Will do, thanks.

Computer won't run anything better than LFS?

Quote from J@tko :Why not? It's perfectly legal. LFS World even says you can do it. What's wrong with you changing the skins you put online, it's YOUR skin to do what you like with.

So you think uploading a skin that can cause other problems such as ramming and crashing is ok???

Quote from J@tko :What?!?!? You've completely missed the boat there.....

If you use skin names that include your team name, username, or anything that can give away the ownership of the skin, you are asking for your skin to be used.
Quote from J@tko :...You've completely missed the boat there.....

sure, he jumped from the wrong bridge

greetz

der butz, who finds all this very funny!
Quote from edge3147 :
Computer won't run anything better than LFS?

His computer actually won't. True story
Quote from der butz :sure, he jumped from the wrong bridge

greetz

der butz, who finds all this very funny!

<<<< This guy does. I mean, it's not like anyone is making a living off of making LFS skins. It's a video game. Is it too cold to go outside in the UK?
Quote from edge3147 :The situations are completely different.

How? In both cases you're downloading something someone has made off the internet.

Quote from edge3147 :Computer won't run anything better than LFS?

Yes, it runs rFactor (which is worse than LFS) and meets the min specs for iRacing (which I can't afford, and is debate-ably better), plus I actually have a life so don't spend all my days playing computer games.

Quote from edge3147 :So you think uploading a skin that can cause other problems such as ramming and crashing is ok???

WHAT!?!?!?!? When did I suggest that EVER happens?

Quote from edge3147 :If you use skin names that include your team name, username, or anything that can give away the ownership of the skin, you are asking for your skin to be used.

In what way? I don't go around using a skin which I named XRT_WesternWolvesGT2WS just to check to see if I can steal it. Who does that?!
Quote from J@tko :How? In both cases you're downloading something someone has made off the internet.

Because this topic has been covered here MANY times before. AND nobody is trying to profit from LFS skins, therefore your civil case would have nothing to stand on!

Quote from J@tko :Yes, it runs rFactor (which is worse than LFS) and meets the min specs for iRacing (which I can't afford, and is debate-ably better), plus I actually have a life so don't spend all my days playing computer games.

LOL'd

Quote from J@tko :WHAT!?!?!?!? When did I suggest that EVER happens?

That's what this topic started out with, or do you not remember your very first post in this topic where you suggested doing this very such act.

Quote from J@tko :In what way? I don't go around using a skin which I named XRT_WesternWolvesGT2WS just to check to see if I can steal it. Who does that?!

Obviously someone does! why do you think this thread started?
This thread is closed

Skin stealing banter.....
(118 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG