The online racing simulator
Get rid of cruise servers
(59 posts, started )
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123
Why?

I don't understand why so many people are annoyed by cruise servers. A few years ago it was a big annoyance because there were no seperate servers. You couldn't regognise them.

Now you can just deselect them and besides the few which have it in their name, they don't bother anymore.

You're probably just a cruiser that got banned or had a fight somewhere and now acts like an idiot on the forum as well. That's my meaning about people nagging about cruise servers. I don't like them either, so I DON'T VISIT THEM.
why start a thread about this? it has been done over and over always with the same result.

don't like them, click the filter and you don't see them, problem solved
#4 - PoVo
If cruise servers were banned, then at least 40% of the players would disappear from LFS...

You know the result of this yourself...
Maybe

Nah.
Hell no. If I feel like driving in LFS but I don't feel like racing, I always go chill at a cruise server. Granted, almost half of the cruisers are nutters who try to act badass by saying that they smoke weed, but if you don't cause trouble, you usually tend to have a lot of fun on a cruise server.
And remember that you went cruising with us about a year or so ago and you were having a ball, Ray
Quote from Senninha25 :
And remember that you went ramming noobs with us about a year or so ago and you were having a ball, Ray

Fixed that for ya, Rui
Quote from Bmxtwins :Fixed that for ya, Rui

Why don't you just ignore the servers?, Rui? (wat?)
Quote from PoVo :If cruise servers were banned, then at least 40% of the players would disappear from LFS...

Apart from the finnancial part of LFS,

Think about it: 40% of the players from LFS just buyed to keep driving road cars at 60 km/h.

Most of the racing servers are mostly empty, except the Cargame servers (when you can't race if you are slow because most of the others slow (and some of the fast) drivers also don't how to race)...

If you were a sim racer, wanted another sim to buy, would you buy a sim where 40% of the "racers" are just driving slowly in race tracks with no barriers, and the other 60% rarely races, needs an automatic system to protect them from crashs, but still crashes?

Cruise servers doesn't are a problem to us who play LFS, but is something what can avoid a lot of potential (good) racers to come...
The well spoken man furthers my point.
just ... wait for it...

.. dont go on it ! commen sense
All of this blabbering on just because someone suddenly decided to hate on cruise servers...
Quote from Bmxtwins :Fixed that for ya, Rui

...Dick.
UC has been around for 2 years. We hardly ever have problems. Given all Community's/Groups do. LTC has there own share of problems to back when they was getting hacked yall stood by them, and yet when something happens to another cruise server your like ban cruise servers there waste of time. I also race on cargame, mrc, fsp, racing gets boring fast its always good to go chill in a cruise server and you say you drive at 60km? that is your choice to follow the speed rules, you can go faster that is your choice. So no need to hate on cruise servers.
Getting rid of cruise servers would, as PoVo said, get rid of about 40% of players on LFS. It wouldn't help lfs in either way. If cruise servers were gone, those players would stop playing, its not like they would magically start filling up the slots in racing servers. They don't want to race, thats why they cruise.
yea as dan said UC never had problems until IC showed up, now weve learnt our lesson we keep to our selfs. forget trying to help people ever again.

only decent ones weve helped are

LTC
ICE

best thing i should do is go pay LTC a visit as they helped us to. by hosting for us. , and ICE did to sadly tho ICE is no longer here

UC is no small community were quite big acctually with over 10,000 user accounts on record, not all of them active., but also again why should we have to suffer from some stupid idiot who has idk how many lfs accounts has been known for scamming. its a damn right shame.

i tell ya LFS aint what it used to be thats for sure.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Why:
Too many
Immature admins
Immature drivers
this isn't need for speed
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1708342#post1708342
racing games dont have speed limits.
?

I can connect to about 360 empty servers.
There are immature people on the internet. Big surprise.
Of course this isn't Need For Speed; it's the LFS forum.
That link merely demonstrates the fact that you created this thread because you are butt-hurt.
Racing simulators usually have speed limits.
While i don't like cruise servers, they are not the problem. It's a fact that most players are demo racers. Since the demo servers are not seperated from the S2 servers, MOST populated race servers are from the demo guys. Since most people like playing against other players when racing, they join these populated servers (at least that's what I do).

IMO just remove the demo servers again and I bet there are A LOT less FBM @ BL1 servers, and propper racing can start again.
if they did away with demo server you will lose 70% of lfs users. the demo players will not buy s2 to keep playing.
Quote from 240sxdaniel89 :if they did away with demo server you will lose 70% of lfs users. the demo players will not buy s2 to keep playing.

That's why there should be a limited trial period for the demo version.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :That's why there should be a limited trial period for the demo version.

I would agree with you there. but that would just get them to make more demo accounts. so then you would be back at square one

(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG