The online racing simulator
2012 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
(160 posts, started )
I guess the term for advantage means short cutting.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :[/I]Hamilton completely left the track. He rejoined gaining an advantage by completing his overtake. Did he have a justifiable reason to leave the track? That's debateable, but he did gain an advantage so still broke 20.2.

From what I saw (have not found a good replay) Hamiltons only alternative was to crash into Rosberg. The line Rosberg took to defend was OK, but considering the speed Hamilton had it was very dangeorus.

The Alonso incident was way slower.
Why do they never release onboards with incidents like this? I really want to see a Lewis/Alonso onboard of the incident...
Quote from heson :From what I saw (have not found a good replay) Hamiltons only alternative was to crash into Rosberg.

last time i checked f1 cars could brake at 5+g

for anything else ill reserve judgement until i see a replay from an angle that makes it clear whether or not either hamilton or alonso had overlap or not when rosberg went right
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Why do they never release onboards with incidents like this? I really want to see a Lewis/Alonso onboard of the incident...

Yea I don't understand either, it's almost like the FIA don't want to be called out for making a shitty decision, so they withhold all onboards it seems.
Quote from Shotglass :last time i checked f1 cars could brake at 5+g

F1 drivers? Braking?

Surely you jest.
Quote from heson :From what I saw (have not found a good replay) Hamiltons only alternative was to crash into Rosberg. The line Rosberg took to defend was OK, but considering the speed Hamilton had it was very dangeorus.

The Alonso incident was way slower.

Give the place back. Charlie usually tells them if that is required and rightly or wrongly it was not deemed necessary.
Well generally going off the track on a straight isn't an advantage. It's #1 a longer distance and #2 most tracks have grass by the side of the track or tarmac thats very dirty.
Quote from PMD9409 :Pitting early would have just meant Seb gets a shot end of race because Kimi will have his tires going away at the end. Softs for Kimi wouldn't have been too good of an idea either. I really doubt they would go 16 laps or whatever it was anyways, that along with catching and passing Vettel, not happening.

Needed to pass him before the pit stop for sure. If he could have got him into T1 in that one attempt then I think he had a good chance then. He had the harder compound when catching Vettel, so that was by far his best shot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17816565
Quote from BlueFlame :Well generally going off the track on a straight isn't an advantage. It's #1 a longer distance and #2 most tracks have grass by the side of the track or tarmac thats very dirty.

Generally, but not in this case. I guess they were more concerned with Rosberg and figured they couldn't both break the rules at the same time.
No.

Quote from PMD9409 :Reading comprehension fail?

Quote : Raikkonen was two seconds a lap faster on fresh tyres and that would have been enough to "under-cut" Vettel. But Lotus waited until his tyres had gone away and ended up coming in on the same lap as Red Bull.

I suspect Lotus were very keen to make sure of second place and, after the problems they had in China when they pitted too early and Raikkonen ran out of tyres at the end of the race, they did not want to take any risks.

But as the guy behind Raikkonen was his team-mate Romain Grosjean, they would still have got second and third, as Webber was far enough behind not to cause too much of a problem.

Quote from BlueFlame :No.

I can post links too.

Quote :Kimi Raikkonen, who emerged as his leading pursuer, had the advantage of fresh tyres for every stint of the race. Vettel, meanwhile had used tyres for every stint bar the last one.

Mhmm, I said he could get the undercut, just that his tires would probably hamper his ability to keep in front of Vettel all the way toward the end. You have to remember that Kimi had fresh tires for his first 3 stints (and final) while Vettel only had fresh tires for his final stint. So yes, of course his first lap would be 2 seconds faster than Vettel's last lap before pitting (Vettel was on softs compared to Kimi's mediums, yet Kimi still dropped off the final lap or so).

It's all just speculation in the end. They could have expected Vettel to try and go one more lap while they pitted, but he came in same lap, you never know. I'm just glad he is close to getting a win so soon after coming back.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN) : wrong thread
Also...Why would Red Bull let them pit the lap before? If they went out into the pits, they would have just pitted too. That and Horner was saying that Kimi would have came out behind Webber. Not sure if that is actually true, though.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Also...Why would Red Bull let them pit the lap before? If they went out into the pits, they would have just pitted too. That and Horner was saying that Kimi would have came out behind Webber. Not sure if that is actually true, though.

when your behnd its easy to sneak your way into the pits without the guy in front of you going in as well.
Quote from Mustafur :when your behnd its easy to sneak your way into the pits without the guy in front of you going in as well.

Exactly, and we've seen the undercut technique work wonders (admittidly more in the previous season).

Regardless of tyres pitting when you're as close to the guy infront as you'll ever be is the best time TO pit. As any time you lose in the pits will be minimal interms of ontrack loss of time/position and any time you gain (in Kimi's case) will be a garenteed 1st position.
Anyone left who cares about the Bahrein people, or now the GP has passed we also stopped caring?
It is kind of funny to read the journalist "eye witness reports" about the Bahrain race and the general situation in that country. Before the race everyone was saying the fia delegates, damon hills and whoevers were simply being shown the pleasent sides of bahrain and despite them not witnessing any riots, beatings or torture by themselves there was definitely some bad stuff going on.

Now after visiting bahrain all journalists have gone into damon hill mode saying there was no problems at all becuase they personally saw nothing bad happening...
Just like I said here. Don't read the news but y'all just ignored it.

There's been no torture. It's beatings. Which some of these unruly people deserve. It's no different to any other riot/civil unrest situation, people just want another Libya situation so the media and select people are sensationalizing the problems.

It wasn't just Hill that said he never felt unsafe either, it was everyone in the F1 frat that had been saying it, and I don't recall seeing armed guards at the GP or even anything close to that kind of security. Considering the protests of the burning F1 adverts etc you'd of thought they would of done something, but as we saw in London, kids with nothing better to do are just gonna burn shit and be insolent to the authorities.

Don't you find it ironic that the only team that seemingly had a 'problem' with being in Bahrain was Force India, who decided to fly a guy home for no real reason? Rumours were is that he was attacked in a car, but the reality is, that didn't happen. So they made something up to make it seem bad and then still continued in the GP weekend apart from FP2. If their colleagues got attacked you'd assume they'd pull out ASAP to make sure it didn't happen to others.
Quote from Bean0 :Any chance of a summary for those who cannot be arsed to read 513 pages ?

It is from last year as well, so out of date.

Towards the end of the file there are some individual cases explained and they are all very similar. Army/police/commandos/some unidentified group appears to your home/work and takes you into car at gunpoint. The car takes you to the police station and you are beaten inside the car all the time until you get to the police station/other location. Then you are beaten more. Then moved somewhere else and beaten more. And beaten more and then you are made to sign a confession. And beaten more. If you get badly injured you wake in hospital only to be taken back for more beating. If you get into hospital at all.

The al-jazeera doc I saw recently says the same thing is happening still. At least iirc that was very recent documentary.
What you just said there Hyperactive sounds like exaggerated BS.
Quote from BlueFlame :Just like I said here. Don't read the news but y'all just ignored it.

There's been no torture. It's beatings. Which some of these unruly people deserve. It's no different to any other riot/civil unrest situation, people just want another Libya situation so the media and select people are sensationalizing the problems.

It wasn't just Hill that said he never felt unsafe either, it was everyone in the F1 frat that had been saying it, and I don't recall seeing armed guards at the GP or even anything close to that kind of security. Considering the protests of the burning F1 adverts etc you'd of thought they would of done something, but as we saw in London, kids with nothing better to do are just gonna burn shit and be insolent to the authorities.

Don't you find it ironic that the only team that seemingly had a 'problem' with being in Bahrain was Force India, who decided to fly a guy home for no real reason? Rumours were is that he was attacked in a car, but the reality is, that didn't happen. So they made something up to make it seem bad and then still continued in the GP weekend apart from FP2. If their colleagues got attacked you'd assume they'd pull out ASAP to make sure it didn't happen to others.

Like...What?

Let me ask you something, were you in Bahrain?

You're claiming there was no security there (a hint, most of them would've been outside of the track to prevent any non-authorized access since the average people can't buy tickets)

You are comparing people who are being oppressed continuously to kids in London - have you no aspect of reality? Half of Bahraini Citizens are Suffering from Poverty and Poor Living Conditions. This is because of the governments actions. Bahrain is extremely rich, but the top elite only seek to oppress the lower people (If you'd get ten cents a day and didn't have a proper home I'd think you might protest as well when seeing the amounts of money they government throws at other things.

And the Force India case, how on earth can you say nothing happened? (source?) Did you see nothing happened or are you juset being an ****. Force India wasn't attacked, no one claimed they were - Hings said: "We were not the target. We just happened upon an incident that was ahead of us, a disruption in the road. Nobody was hurt from our team. We were not targeted directly by Molotov cocktails."

If one out of 12 teams gets few molotov coctails thrown at them by accident when travelling to the track (not that long journey) imagine the circumstances in the country. If few people were killed at your city, what is the chance you'd be there when it happens? The odds are minimal but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. In Bahrain, the odds seems to be quite high even though teams spend most of their time around the track (which was heavily guarded btw.) and the teams were never a target. People are protesting the government, why would they want to attack F1 teams?

I don't know if you are being ignorant or just plain stupid but please just think before you post. You sound like a 10-year old who doesn't seem to know what poverty or oppression means and think every place is just as happy as your safe home
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't recall seeing armed guards at the GP or even anything close to that kind of security.

Clarification: you don't recall seeing them on the TV broadcast of an event held at a venue that's in close proximity to an airbase and a palace and was meant to be portrayed as being held in a perfectly normal country with happy citizens.

2012 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG