Hard

Previous Winners:
2011: Not Held
2010: Alonso
2009: Button
2008: Massa

Weather:
Hot and sunny (as usual then! :P)

DRS detection is just before the last corner, activation is just before the S/F line. Reverting back to the "normal" track this year after using the Endurance Circuit in 2010.

Will we see any more protests, especially after some Force India mechanics got ... le of a petrol bomb fight?
Attached images
bahrain track.jpg
I doubt anyone will have trouble heating their tyres up this weekend, not with all those petrol bombs going off.
#3 - amp88
#6 - aoun
I hope Lewis hits Massa so this threads discussion can be about a race incident rather than the issues in Bahrain.

At the same time, what's it to me anyway?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Heyho,

Quote from NEWS :On the track, Bahrain is going to be all about tyre wear, as this is a tight circuit which places a high premium on tyre performance and conservation, and where the surface offline is always dirty thanks to the sandy environment.

I do wonder whats going to happen tommorow morning ahwell at school tommorow but still i wanna watch the practice live )

Byeee.
#8 - J@tko
I don't expect to see Mercedes doing anywhere near as well here as they did in China - I don't think they will have solved their tyre problems enough to work well in the hot weather. They'll really struggle keeping their softs alive I think.
I think they'll still be fast in qualifying because of the three long straights, which could negate their tyre problems if th use a race centered setup.
Ferrari have just announced that following Force India sitting out FP2 today, Felipe Massa will be sitting out Q3 tomorrow.
Im expecting 4 stoppers for the race.

Extreme heat and slippery surface will make the tyres burn Significantly faster then China.
lol what a sheeet, 4 stops hahahah. Bublegum tires would last longer than Pirelli. No srsly why are they so stupid and don't bring some normal tires for conditions. Bringing same bloody tire everywhere, must be someone stupid at that Pirelli. TBH the whole Italy has gone bizarre lately.. Ferrari, Ducati, Pirelli, not good at all.
Quote from N I K I :lol what a sheeet, 4 stops hahahah. Bublegum tires would last longer than Pirelli. No srsly why are they so stupid and don't bring some normal tires for conditions. Bringing same bloody tire everywhere, must be someone stupid at that Pirelli. TBH the whole Italy has gone bizarre lately.. Ferrari, Ducati, Pirelli, not good at all.

They where just doing what they where asked to do.
Quote from Mustafur :They where just doing what they where asked to do.

No, they determine which compounds they'll bring to which race.
Quote from N I K I :lol what a sheeet, 4 stops hahahah. Bublegum tires would last longer than Pirelli.

They have been asked to make tyres that won't last long so there will be more pitstops hence more show.
So they did.

Quote from N I K I :TBH the whole Italy has gone bizarre lately.. Ferrari, Ducati, Pirelli, not good at all.

FYI Ducati is now german: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17763547
Anonymous are twats.
Quote from Lotesdelere :They have been asked to make tyres that won't last long so there will be more pitstops hence more show.
So they did.

Don't you think I know that my friend. But don't you also think that 4 pitstops is exaggeration.
Who said there will be 4 stops? Apart from Mustafur of course.

A 4 stops race would sure look silly. But if I recall correctly most were predicting 3 stops in China and it turned out that 2 was the way to go. So let's just wait and see shall we?
NIKI, you're funny, son. -)
Yeah, I mean I knew Zeus(his racername) was a god, didnt know it was god of being a full on idiot

Bring on the 4 stoppers!
Isaac go dig a whole son.

TBH Bahrain is going to be so bad for overtaking that 4 stop might save the race. I mean if it happens ofc. xD
4 stoppers would be a million times better then the shite we saw in 2010.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Who said there will be 4 stops? Apart from Mustafur of course.

A 4 stops race would sure look silly. But if I recall correctly most were predicting 3 stops in China and it turned out that 2 was the way to go. So let's just wait and see shall we?

To be fair though, It was much colder then it was last year, so it wasn't as bad.

Bahrain is in the middle eastern desert which is like the hottest place in the planet, and with sand blowing onto the track the grip is never there.

We haven't seen this track with Pirellies yet so it could be intresting, But this track was pretty bad even on the Bridgestones so im just putting two and two together here.

Lets just say its lucky they are not using the full layout, as the grip on the extended part is tragic.
Tyre management? Button wins.

Too bad they went in the wrong direction setting up the car.
Quote from bean0 :ferrari have just announced that following force india sitting out fp2 today, felipe massa will be sitting out q3 tomorrow.

:d

2012 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG