The online racing simulator
2012 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
(160 posts, started )
Damn. They made a mistake IMO. Should have pitted first.
Yeah it is practically over. Don't think Kimi can get him now.
Hamilton so bad on his tyres...

But seriously. Freaking disaster of a race for McLaren... Urgh...
What happened to McLaren?! Neither or them have any sort of pace today.
No idea, but its horrible to watch. Nothing I am not used to as a McLaren fan though. As Clarkson says, "ambitious, but rubbish".

Really hope it was just the hot temperature and we will be back in business in Barcelona. But then it will be probably be hot there as well.... Gutted to be honest after such an amazing start to the season. Really looked like we built a rocket, not to be though. Still, amazing season so far - did not expect such a race at Bahrain.

Congrats to Vettel, but more to Kimi and Romain. Brilliant drives.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Ropsberg had inside, Hatemelol drove outside of the track instead of going back towards the racing line. Nobody forced him to take it off the track.

Are you a ****ing idiot? Neither block was fine. If you force someone to any of the extreme edges of the track you should be penalized. Forcing drivers to have the choice to go off the circuit or back-off on a ****in straight road is pathetic.

It's a race. You're not going to back out of it. Though ironically, with Vettel vs Alonso at Monza last year the same thing happened yet no driver was penalized. Nobody even cared, but certainly NAI they weren't suggesting that Vettel had somewhere else to go other than the grass. So cut the bullshit will you.
11th to 2nd without a SC and almost pulling a pass for the lead, not bad Lotus team still needs to improve their pitstops, crucial seconds still lost there.
I'd say Lotus lost the race for Kimi by either not pitting him a lap early for the Hard tyre or not pitting him a lap later on the softer rubber.
Ham tried to drive into a closing gap, instead of accepting that it would be closed by the time he got there and moving back to the racing line to get a better exit. Problem?
Brilliant from Lotus
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Ham tried to drive into a closing gap, instead of accepting that it would be closed by the time he got there and moving back to the racing line to get a better exit. Problem?

So if it was you, then you'd just back off or brake and lose .5 of a second? Well, maybe you're just not a competitive man. If in that situation, you aren't going to backoff for anyone unless it's a wall. Like I said, nobody was complaining about Vettel being off the track at Monza. Infact I remember vividly people praising Vettel about what an awesome and amazing overtake it was around the outside of Curve Grande. So what makes Hamilton different? Please enlighten me.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'd say Lotus lost the race for Kimi by either not pitting him a lap early for the Hard tyre or not pitting him a lap later on the softer rubber.

Pitting early would have just meant Seb gets a shot end of race because Kimi will have his tires going away at the end. Softs for Kimi wouldn't have been too good of an idea either. I really doubt they would go 16 laps or whatever it was anyways, that along with catching and passing Vettel, not happening.

Needed to pass him before the pit stop for sure. If he could have got him into T1 in that one attempt then I think he had a good chance then. He had the harder compound when catching Vettel, so that was by far his best shot.

Oh and Massa got points.
Quote from PMD9409 :Pitting early would have just meant Seb gets a shot end of race because Kimi will have his tires going away at the end. Sorts for Kimi wouldn't have been too good of an idea either. I really doubt they would go 16 laps or whatever it was anyways, that along with catching and passing Vettel, not happening.

Well in this paragraph you just said how important track position is. When you pit early, you're pretty much garanteed the undercut when you're .5 behind the guy infront, so you'll come out ahead. We saw in the race how much track position helped Vettel when he was weaving in the braking zone like a nob.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well in this paragraph you just said how important track position is. When you pit early, you're pretty much garanteed the undercut when you're .5 behind the guy infront, so you'll come out ahead. We saw in the race how much track position helped Vettel when he was weaving in the braking zone like a nob.

Half a second isn't going to help when Kimi/Lotus has their tires raped and fall back 3 seconds by the end. Yeah obviously he could have jumped him in the pits, but holding on to it would be next to impossible with how their tires have been falling off.
Quote from BlueFlame :Are you a ****ing idiot? Neither block was fine. If you force someone to any of the extreme edges of the track you should be penalized. Forcing drivers to have the choice to go off the circuit or back-off on a ****in straight road is pathetic.

It's a race. You're not going to back out of it. Though ironically, with Vettel vs Alonso at Monza last year the same thing happened yet no driver was penalized. Nobody even cared, but certainly NAI they weren't suggesting that Vettel had somewhere else to go other than the grass. So cut the bullshit will you.

The first move Rosberg did to Hamilton was 100% clean. He chose a line to the far right and was ahead of Hamilton during the complete move. Hamilton was behind until he jumped to the sand and somehow passed Rosberg from there - a brilliant move from him btw.

It's the same as if I was driving the far right all along and you for no apparent reason jumped off the track from the right side. Your call, you pay if it doesn't work out and you gain if it works out but you were not forced to go outside thus it's not my responsibility.

Just watch a replay and you'll see. http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/ ... i-hamiltonin-ulos-radalta (the upper one of the videos)
Those videos are restricted for Finnish nationals.
Quote from BlueFlame :Those videos are restricted for Finnish nationals.

Oh, I didn't know that. Unless you can find a finnish proxy I suppose we'll just have to wait 'till someone posts a video in youtube.

This season is looking fairly interesting so far. Did anyone else notice that the top 3 drivers in the driver's championship are within 5 points and top 7 are within 19 points (Räikkönen is 7th!). Anything can happen amongst those top 7 drivers.
Balance of power has been all over the place.. McLs, Mercs, Perez, sneaky Alolso and now RB and Loltus. Huge differences in performance between races. Interesting, and suprising ^^
This is season is becoming really intresting.
Quote from DevilDare :If only... Inevitable penalty for Lewis for, "4 wheels off the track".

Wouldn't necceceraly agree. It's nothing like Alonso passing Kubica in Silverstone. In that situation Alonso made track shorter by putting 4 wheels of track and in this Lewis had the long way around thru the sand to make it work and oh boy was it good. Deferentially don't see a penalty there.
Quote from PMD9409 :Half a second isn't going to help when Kimi/Lotus has their tires raped and fall back 3 seconds by the end. Yeah obviously he could have jumped him in the pits, but holding on to it would be next to impossible with how their tires have been falling off.

You can never be sure of these things. He might have shaken him off with fresh air and fresh rubber to a decent 2 sec gap and control it from there, plus he's had greater top speed and would easly fend it off in last laps if there was a need. I hate this type of thinking let's take it safe it's our first podium when they are obviously faster and could have won it with little bit of risk.
Quote from BlueFlame :nobody was complaining about Vettel being off the track at Monza.

I have no recollection of that event, so I can't comment on it. In my view, intentionally putting 4 wheels outside of the white lines in order to gain an advantage is never acceptable, unless it's to avoid someone who cannot be avoided by staying on the track, in which case it's not really "for an advantage". As for not competitive enough, well duh, are you a ****ing idiot? I'd be racing in RL if I was.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I have no recollection of that event, so I can't comment on it. In my view, intentionally putting 4 wheels outside of the white lines in order to gain an advantage is never acceptable, unless it's to avoid someone who cannot be avoided by staying on the track, in which case it's not really "for an advantage". As for not competitive enough, well duh, are you a ****ing idiot? I'd be racing in RL if I was.

You have no recollection Vettel VS Alonso at Monza? WTF do you live in a box?

Also, the word competitive doesn't mean outright ability or talent, it can mean that you are a competitive person for example (when you compete, you compete to win or when you compete, you strive to be more successful than as many people as possible).

In F1 that means you won't give an inch and when you're front wing is on the inside of a guy, you're gaining on him and he forces you to the extreme edge of the track to force you to back off but instead you take the long way around off track to avoid backing out, OR making contact.

Why would I suggest that being fast or not (regarding ability) would make a difference to the opinion on this particular matter? That would be stupid.

It's okay though, you just misunderstood the context in which the word was applied.

I just don't understand how you see that Hamilton could move to Rosbergs left side when he was already slightly tucked in on the right without backing off like you make it seem that he could.
Did Gutierrez get penalized for making the same exact move in GP2? Did the guy who blocked him?
I haven't implied anything about skill or lap speed. Even the 14yo girls doing the local "everyman's rallycross" are hella more competitive than me, but probably aren't the best drivers in the world. Maybe I could afford to race (badly) occasionally, but /careface. Sounds like you're just jumping into random conclusions as if you were a ****ing idiot. Back to the ignore list for you o/

2012 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG