The online racing simulator
Question regarding new tyre physics
Hello!

It's not another thread asking for progress report and whining about slow work of developers so please don't make post like these (we all know we are not getting any progres cause there is nothing interesting in coding new physics:razz. I want to ask a simple question to developers about upcoming (sooner or later it have to be out) tyre physics. As Scawen somewhere said He want to make that update last big tyre physics update so He won't be bothered by it further on and will be able to focus on other aspects of simulation. So i was wondering if new tyre physics will support track, air humidity and temperature change, wet tyres, more types of gravel tyres (all of these have to be implemented one day), if not then i'm guessing it will not be last big update and somewhere in future when They announce dynamic weather update or rally pack Scawen will have to again make new tyre physics to support those new aspects.

Best regards
Lol_Men
New tire model

3 years old
Quote from aroX123 :New tire model

3 years old

Yes..

Through the door and up the stairs.
#6 - Byku
... but still we have to agree that it takes pretty long time, and ... all those progress reports were rather copy-paste. No other racing game gave me such fun like LFS, so i'm quite eager to see the new physics. Scawen, please please please... give us some more precise info on the physics. How far You are with it. Most of us i suppose have some doubts about the progress reports, and i belive that You can see why. Even if You are lazy with it, or even not working on it at all, an awful truth would be better that even the best lie. Again... please mate.
I'd want them to release a beta, single player only version so we could see for ourselves what the result of their work is like. Would be more meaningfull than any progress report.
Like either Sca or Vic pointed out earlier, there isn't really a beta release or other version there yet.

Sca is working on some very diffecult maths with these new physics, and most of them have not be implanted in a test version so far.

So for Sca to make a new solid test patch would require loads of work, and than also the problem of the tyre physics not being finished, so giving lots of bugs.

That's all I understood from the message's we've been getting from them.
Quote from DeathItself :I'd want them to release a beta, single player only version so we could see for ourselves what the result of their work is like. Would be more meaningfull than any progress report.

Enything they release will be beta since the whole game is in beta stage, anyway looking on how they are working and progres i think there will be no big difference between what we have in beta right now and final version.

And at least they could tell us what features they want to implement or already implemented in this tyre model and if its worth waiting for...
Sorry for the translation.

Allegedly Scavier develop LFS, but... I see a man, who is really working on content s2 this Lynce (graphical part). There are guys that create small useful program they, too, well done, but not Scavier in recent years. I am disappointed, but looking forward to the patch. I think, Scawen soon close the topic.

Question regarding new tyre physics
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG