The online racing simulator
Am I the only one?
(32 posts, started )
Am I the only one?
Am I the only one who would absolutely LOVE to play a sandbox driving game like GTA, except with the exact physics (and controls) model of LFS?

I really really want to just drive around streets, with cars, pedestrians, traffic, intersections, lights, and so on... But to use a realistic driving model like that of LFS. A large aspect of what makes LFS feel realistic is that it gives you 1:1 control of the car. You literally have full control over the steering wheel, gas, break and clutch pedals - there are no aids that get in the way (unless you enable them). This is so rare in the world of "arcade" games.

I've recently started playing GTA IV since I've bought it a long time ago and never had the time to play... But it kills me not having proper control of the cars like I do in LFS.

+
I have allways been more of the track-type of player. I don't really have any need for having the player enviroment beeing set to a city.
But, I do agree on the part having the full controll of the car. In LFS you feel and sees everything you do, the cars are responsive to your actions and it makes it feel somewhat close to what it does in real life.
Hmm let reverse some things...

I think a lot here would actually LOVE... Crashing a driver.. Pulling the side door.. Getting the driver out onto the ground and give it a big whack with a baseball bat.
Yea but, they have GTA for that. That's a wrong example? There will never be a beat-up simulator lol.
I guess Dave was refering to the urge to beat up the god damn T1 bombers
As Germany is video-game wise the homeland of simulators (Police Simulator 2012, or how it is called) I know there are some openworld games where you have full control of the car, although I cannot judge the physics.

Anyways LFS is called the "online racing simulator". Unless they add illegal street racing NFS-style (but with proper physics), there won't be a true open-world environment in LFS
I agree with OP, most racing games that take place in a big open city such as NFS Underground 2 or Midnight club L.A are an awesome concept, the only let down is the physics.

Racing through traffic, taking short cuts down ally ways or through shopping centers would be awesome if it carried with it the physics engine of a racing simulator.
Quote from cargame.nl :Hmm let reverse some things...

I think a lot here would actually LOVE... Crashing a driver.. Pulling the side door.. Getting the driver out onto the ground and give it a big whack with a baseball bat.

BAN !!!!
that the open city as in the previously mentioned games never appear (added by DEV's) in LFS is clear

the only thing that could lead to such a situation, added in the full version of S3, that You can add your own tracks
and I know enough community of players, because I play in various modified game that was created by beautiful tracks, as well as the open city
I do not mean the city with the traffic like in GTA, more about routes like in NFS
There is a car physics realism mod for GTA IV.
Never tried it though.
Just take a real car and drive in real world
Just dont kill people.

You can try 3D Инструктор
Quote from The Very End :I guess Dave was refering to the urge to beat up the god damn T1 bombers

you know that you Can actually win the race in T1 ...

As long as you take everybody out and you carry on its do-able
Quote from Klouczech :Just take a real car and drive in real world
Just dont kill people.

You can try 3D Инструктор

wat
what is 3D lxkfcäölhx?
I think he ment 3D instructor.
Quote from Sobis :I think he ment 3D instructor.

NO, it's 3D Инструктор!
Quote from hotmail :you know that you Can actually win the race in T1 ...

As long as you take everybody out and you carry on its do-able

Thanks for tip, going to try it out!
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Sobis : meh
Quote from Klouczech :Just take a real car and drive in real world
Just dont kill people.

This is what I do already, but the problem is I can't take the same risks in RL as I could in a game.

That's the whole point of a video game: it can be just like reality, except you can take risks and learn "what'd happen if I tried this" without the consequences.
There should be no need to try 3D Инструктор if you're looking for hard-core type physics.

Some GTA physics mods exist, but don't except antyhing LFS-like. Those mods simply adjust the "handling" parameters and don't thouch the physics engine.

Quote from shurcooL :This is what I do already, but the problem is I can't take the same risks in RL as I could in a game.

That's the whole point of a video game: it can be just like reality, except you can take risks and learn "what'd happen if I tried this" without the consequences.

+1
Your suggestion reminded me this great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNnH0oJES-w

A highway gateway mode with a layout randomly generated filled with NPCs would certainly be unique among sims =)

ok I quit dreaming..
it only accelerates faster on exit of a corner, because rb4's 4wd generates more traction, but when they get to 4/5 gear, fxo is just light speed compared
If only Test Drive Unlimited (2) had LFS physics.. ahh...

Am I the only one?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG