The online racing simulator
Am I the only one?
(32 posts, started )
Quote from xtraction :it only accelerates faster on exit of a corner, because rb4's 4wd generates more traction, but when they get to 4/5 gear, fxo is just light speed compared

I know that the 4WD traction makes RB4 slightly faster at some corner exits compared to the FXO. But if you look at the video, the RB4 often run like "N2O mode on" and catch the FXO (and ram it) even under significant disadvantage. The difference is just too dramatic for a simer. This is very much like the Hollywood car chase movies (well, at least the modern ones) where the Crown Vic interceptor can catch up with whatever hypercar the bad/unlucky guy is driving simply because it's a cop.
Attached images
Screenshot at 2012-03-21 02:39:48.png
Quote from Keling :I know that the 4WD traction makes RB4 slightly faster at some corner exits compared to the FXO. But if you look at the video, the RB4 often run like "N2O mode on" and catch the FXO (and ram it) even under significant disadvantage. The difference is just too dramatic for a simer. This is very much like the Hollywood car chase movies (well, at least the modern ones) where the Crown Vic interceptor can catch up with whatever hypercar the bad/unlucky guy is driving simply because it's a cop.

you answered the question yourself with the picture... hollywood. the video is staged. put them both on a drag strip with two adequate drivers and the fxo will win every time.
+1 I love how driving is done in this game,and it would be nice to use it in a game like gta
i hate how in other games car behaves so unrealistic,i aint a race car driver but i do drive in real life and at 50 km/h i dont have a problem entering a corner like in some racing games
i'd be interested in seeing lfs physics in crytek enngine with ok graphics...
Quote from theirishnoob :i'd be interested in seeing lfs physics in crytek enngine with ok graphics...

1st corner: Maxxxxiiiimum aaarmor .....

.... maximum fail !!
Quote from MorfeasFX :1st corner: Maxxxxiiiimum aaarmor .....

.... maximum fail !!

the physics side of that engine would be interesting no ??

imagine barriers that broke when you hit them, crashing in pits ( into gas/welding equip mamong other stuff ) and it all blowing up...

THAT would be a game we'd all play !
@theirishnoob

No...

I'm not against the effects. They can be cool eye candies, or even help on the physical side. If we can forget the technical limitations, I'd love to see those in a sim.

But do keep in mind that LFS is something called "ONLINE racing simulator". Everything you see on the screen should be synced across the whole game, which can be geographically wide-distributed.

Think about how much burden it can add to the network when the barrier breaks into many pieces, or an explosion in the pit pushes everything around it. The FPS may handle it because it updates every player's coordinates within (maybe) one package. A sim racing system can't do that.

The LFS netcode doesn't tell every client how each cone flies in the air when hit. It's done locally. (Still, the object refresh info may jam the network, causing unpleasant, if not fatal, lagging.) We can't go very far with this "sync cars only, fly cones locally" method.

The cones, posts and other movable objects are all very light and soft, and only serve as visual references in most cases. Even if the same cone flies towards different directions on different clients, nobody cares.

It's another story when the big and heavy things get involved. When passing under a bridge, car A did its best to avoid the column, and succeed on its on machine. However, due to the small network lag, car A doesn't make it on car B's end of the connection. The column broke, and the bridge fall. One fallen piece of concrete, which weights 3 ton, killed car B. A short time later, car A's game client got notified that car B was killed by a piece of concrete that doesn't exist. That's not the game I want to play.

Am I the only one?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG