The online racing simulator
I'm not sure I'm getting this. The mod doesn't write any .cfg file, did you mean the debugging info file? If that's so, it's correct behaviour as the modified dinput8.dll library gets loaded by LFS every time it starts.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, if you could get me a more detailed description, I'll take a look at it...
Well, place a random layout file on your desktop and open it "in" LFS.exe
It's just as it thought. The mod saves the debugging report to the current working directory of LFS - which is whatever directory the layout or replay is loaded from. LFS initializes DirectInput even when it's copying a layout or a setup, which leads to the the debugging file being created in the same directory as the input file. The only easy way around this would be to disable the debugging output altogether. I might actually do it since the mod has been working well.
I appreciate that you reported this glitch, thanks.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins
I've found a way to make it work, without having to use the G27LEDsHelper.exe or the runleds.bat files. You only have to execute the runleds.bat file once.

I will run you through how i found it out.

Step 1:

After downloading this the .zip file in the original post, i followed as instructed by the readme provided, not the one in the 3rd post. After doing so, it worked for me 1 time and then i had loads of errors after that.

Readme provided:

http://picturepush.com/public/7148300

Step 2:

Using my initiative, after raging at myself for 2 hours i was playing around with a lot of different settings in the original .cfg file within the LFS folder, but nothing worked.

I came to the runleds.bat file and this is where i spotted something really interesting. Here is a print screen.

http://picturepush.com/public/7148286

Step 3:

I was using something known as common scence (which i excessively lack) and a bit of luck that i made this discovery, i made a change to this small piece of coding. Another print screen of the change i have made.

http://picturepush.com/public/7148289

You see how it said start G27LEDsHelper.exe 30000 .. i deleted the space between .exe and 30000, and replaced it with a single colon (:) for it to turn out like so start G27LEDsHelper.exe:30000 .

Step 4:

After this, i ran the runleds.bat file. This came up with the black box that should come up, and an error message stating you may not be able to execute this file, this is ok.

http://picturepush.com/public/7148294

You click on the OK button and it should proceed to LFS.

After doing this with myself, i tried it out, and sure the LED's worked on LFS. So i closed the game, and later on, i ran the game through my LFS shortcut on the desktop and i realised what i had done, but couldnt be bothered to go and run the runleds.bat file again. I joined a server and the LED's still worked! I had accidentally come across a shortcut in making this program run without actually executing any files for the 2nd time (or any other time in this case) to intentionally make the LED's run properly. I mentioned to bmxtwins that ive got the LED's working and he wanted them too, so i teamviewed his PC and helped him to get them working, and surely enough, the same thing happened, only a 1 time execution of the modified .bat file, and the LED's worked again and again from running the normal LFS.exe

Compatibility as i know.

Windows 7, Windows XP Pro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou MadCat for this awesome program you have supplied the community with, and i hope this would solve some problems for people, and make the lazy peoples day, more lazy!

Regards
above method verified on windows 7, even after restart of pc
Quote from xtraction :...

I appreciate your information, but what actually happened is not really a solution. When you changed the "G27LEDsHelper.exe 30000" to "G27LEDsHelper.exe:30000", I believe that Windows tried to execute "G27LEDsHelper.exe:30000" application which obviously doesn't exist. The mod then falls back to the "Read data from LFS directly" mode which works for 0.6B and possibly some other versions, but that cannot be guaranteed.

It'd be more interesting to know what kind of errors you were getting, perhaps something about OutGauge socket not being created or bound?
Maybe it was just me, but it kept telling me I was missing DLL files. I replaced them(if anyone has this problem, definitely do a restart), redownloaded this and it all worked. Thanks

I tried xtraction's trick and it worked in my case too, it even works when you launch LFS from a shortcut. Oh, and if anyone has changed the RPM limits, feel free to share the file!
Quote from hp999 :I tried xtraction's trick and it worked in my case too, it even works when you launch LFS from a shortcut. Oh, and if anyone has changed the RPM limits, feel free to share the file!

This is getting a little bit worrying. Is the README somehow unclear about how to use the mod? There is _no_ need to use "runleds.bat" as long as you have _unmodded LFS 0.6B_. If there is anything confusing in the README, please let me know or even suggest how should the unclear part be rephrased. The "runleds.bat" should be used only if the default way doesn't work.
Im not sure madcat, im pretty busy at the moment, but i will try and look in to this problem and see what can be done to fix it, without getting any errors.
Quote from MadCatX :This is getting a little bit worrying. Is the README somehow unclear about how to use the mod? There is _no_ need to use "runleds.bat" as long as you have _unmodded LFS 0.6B_. If there is anything confusing in the README, please let me know or even suggest how should the unclear part be rephrased. The "runleds.bat" should be used only if the default way doesn't work.

Well, I think it should be written in either bold or caps lock, when I first read the readme, I had to read it twice. There's nothing wrong with your readme though, it most likely came down to me raging at my PC because of the missing DLLs.
Quote from xtraction :Im not sure madcat, im pretty busy at the moment, but i will try and look in to this problem and see what can be done to fix it, without getting any errors.

No sweat, I'm just curious about the error because if there's something wrong with the mod, you'll certainly not be the only one suffering from the problem.
My problem has been with another controler, a "Speedpad N52" it does not play well with your program and stops the led's from doing anything.
This is a permanent controler on my syste so it will not be disconected.
Shame really as i was looking forward to running the app!
Good effort thought.
Well, one thing is, ive completely removed the LED mod from my LFS at the moment because when i minimize the game, it tends to close itself or, not respond for some reason, so i will do some experiments with it next week and see what i can conjure up
Quote from MadCatX :I appreciate your information, but what actually happened is not really a solution. When you changed the "G27LEDsHelper.exe 30000" to "G27LEDsHelper.exe:30000", I believe that Windows tried to execute "G27LEDsHelper.exe:30000" application which obviously doesn't exist. The mod then falls back to the "Read data from LFS directly" mode which works for 0.6B and possibly some other versions, but that cannot be guaranteed.

It'd be more interesting to know what kind of errors you were getting, perhaps something about OutGauge socket not being created or bound?

mine kept saying OutGauge could not connect IIRC
Interesting. I just dragged the files into the root folder, ran LFS and everything worked.
Thanks for this mod! It works great, however i find g27leds.cfg not so obvious to configure. To show red lights in xrg at 6,5k i set 5000 7200 in the cfg file.
I believe that the redline value means the RPM when the LEDs start blinking, not when the first red LEDs light up.
MadCat, would it be possible to add a little function to the file that when one does not have a G27 connected, the LFS would not just crash when entering the track?
If LFS crashes when a G27 is not connected, it's very likely a bug in the drivers of your other controllers which don't handle unknown DI Escape commands properly. This is the kind of problems you can run into when you're using hacked DLLs & co.
I've been concerned about this problem all along, but DInput won't tell me if the device I'm trying to send the LEDs command to really is a G27. I'm opened to suggestions here, but checking the device's VID/PID appears to be impossible the way one would expect to be logical.

As a workaround you could create a small batch file that would rename the dinput8.dll to something else and launch LFS and use that to start LFS with G27 disconnected.
V 1.03 is up. It shouldn't touch any other devices except G27, this will hopefully resolve some of the remaining issues...
help
hi gus, i just tried to do this but when i went to open the file it dident let me and threw me on to the internet
I'm not sure what happened but all you have to do is to download the zip file linked in the first post and follow the instructions in the README file.
just a quick question. Does this works along with AONIO or apps like this?
with 1.03 it doesn't work for me anymore!
with 1.02 all is ok!

I use a G27 and Fanatec ClubSport Pedals (both connected via USB)

here is what g27dbg says:

*** G27 LEDs mod for LFS proxy DLL version 1.03 loaded ***
Running on Windows x86_64 6.1.1.0
- DI::EnumDevices> Enumeration complete, found 0 G27s
- DI::EnumDevices> Enumeration complete, found 1 G27s

0:20:12.117 ----------------
- DIDEV> Initializing G27 LEDs
- DIEFF::Release> Effect release requested.
- DIEFF::Release> Disposing effect.
- DIDEV::Release> Release requested, cleaning up.
- DIDEV::Release> Cleanup complete.
- DIDEV::Release> Exiting.

0:20:13.66 ----------------

0:20:17.937 ----------------

G27 LEDs mod [renamed]
(329 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG