The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustangman759 :r4ptor your being a bit critical considering this is all done for free...

Well not exactly. Leo said the reflections are not good because of the low-poly LFS cars and r4ptor tried to explain this is not true.

I think.
Quote from Bose321 :Well not exactly. Leo said the reflections are not good because of the low-poly LFS cars and r4ptor tried to explain this is not true.

I think.

What I've been trying to say from the beggining, is that I don't want to spend "10 hours" making a simple render, so don't blame me if the reflections are not good because of the low-poly modeled cars of LFS. This is what I'm trying to explain.
Mustangman759: I do not agree. Have a look at my site (signature). I have 495 renders online of which 359 were requested. That's a bunch. Just click on the "request" keyword and you'll see all of them.

If it was common for me to request renders then perhaps I'd deserve a kick in the nuts, but I don't. I offer them for free myself, so I think I'm in perfectly fine position to not only critique, but also to know what I'm talking about - and a render like that doesn't need any degree of "pro-ism" to it, to be better, nor would it need 10h work on it. It's about basic knowledge and Leo does not seem to be acknowledging that but instead places the blame elsewhere even though he's been doing plenty of renders before.

Trouble is Leo expects the software and models to do the job and not him. My point was "it's your job to present the render in a workable way" and this is true everywhere. Lowres, highres, photography (can't get more detailed or real than that - still, not everyone can take good pictures. I wonder why?... Rhetorical question!).

It takes lets say 1/100th of a sec to take a good picture and it will take 1/100th of a sec to take a bad one. Whats the difference? The stuff going on in the photographers mind. Same applies to many things in 3d. It not all about enabling features, effects and whatnot. All good renders depend on the person working on them and less on the software or quality of models/textures/whatever used.

I find it very provocative to say that it would require something like 10 hours - well, if it does then you aren't even qualified to speak out about quality.
Quote from r4ptor :Mustangman759: I do not agree. Have a look at my site (signature). I have 495 renders online of which 359 were requested. That's a bunch. Just click on the "request" keyword and you'll see all of them.

If it was common for me to request renders then perhaps I'd deserve a kick in the nuts, but I don't. I offer them for free myself, so I think I'm in perfectly fine position to not only critique, but also to know what I'm talking about - and a render like that doesn't need any degree of "pro-ism" to it, to be better, nor would it need 10h work on it. It's about basic knowledge and Leo does not seem to be acknowledging that but instead places the blame elsewhere even though he's been doing plenty of renders before.

Trouble is Leo expects the software and models to do the job and not him. My point was "it's your job to present the render in a workable way" and this is true everywhere. Lowres, highres, photography (can't get more detailed or real than that - still, not everyone can take good pictures. I wonder why?... Rhetorical question!).

It takes lets say 1/100th of a sec to take a good picture and it will take 1/100th of a sec to take a bad one. Whats the difference? The stuff going on in the photographers mind. Same applies to many things in 3d. It not all about enabling features, effects and whatnot. All good renders depend on the person working on them and less on the software or quality of models/textures/whatever used.

I find it very provocative to say that it would require something like 10 hours - well, if it does then you aren't even qualified to speak out about quality.

If you didn't understand, I was ironic
You mean sarcastic?
I know you didn't mean it literally but exaggerated to make a point. But there's no need for it - it's a matter of minutes to improves reflections, especially when doing a quick WIPish render.
Quote from Bose321 :Skin size isn't too big, I wonder why they are 8192 though? It looks low-res with some random text and ads on them.

What resolution render do you want, and the cars alone or together?

Well 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. And skin is 8192 because wanted to try quality with that size and for better quality xrt "frontlights". And maybe grey background like in LLM render and both cars in same pic.

Thanks
Quote from r4ptor :Mustangman759: I do not agree. Have a look at my site (signature). I have 495 renders online of which 359 were requested. That's a bunch. Just click on the "request" keyword and you'll see all of them.

Well I think its great everyone does, but hey he does it for free so do you! we cant get mad at people for doing free things!
people rape for free,wont u get mad if it happened to you?
What software do you use to make your renders?
Quote from e2mustang :people rape for free,wont u get mad if it happened to you?

only in jersey baby (couldnt resist)
Quote from e2mustang :people rape for free,wont u get mad if it happened to you?

I think you got him there
Quote from jepsertti :Well 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. And skin is 8192 because wanted to try quality with that size and for better quality xrt "frontlights". And maybe grey background like in LLM render and both cars in same pic.

Thanks

I hope you like them! Merry christmas!
Attached images
FZ5 vs XRT.jpg
FZ5 vs XRT2.jpg
Meh. If you can, thanks.
Attached images
FXR_Forster_2010.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :I hope you like them! Merry christmas!

WOW! It's awesome! Thank you really much! And merry christmas for you too! :wmann3:
Quote from Bose321 :I hope you like them! Merry christmas!

One thought though - Isn't that XRT kinda.. small?
-
(r4ptor) DELETED by Flame CZE : original post moved to the right section
Finally got around to look at a 2 month old request - jeeez, time flies fast

Also did a screen cap recording while working on them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvpdJMExZY

Nice as usual, thank you!
oh damn i love that last camangle!
it fully the style i love so much.

You also have some request from me(just remember :P)

MAybe the same angle? and may the first one with same background!
I know i know there is a reallife.
nice
Thanks for the comments.

Kiste, I haven't forgotten about you. I have few more to do for FlameCZE, and then you're next in line.
Quote from r4ptor :Thanks for the comments.

Kiste, I haven't forgotten about you. I have few more to do for FlameCZE, and then you're next in line.

nice to hear that you found some time!
Another one for FlameCZE.

This one literally started out as a WIP/Test. I found a background and wanted to do quick test to see how well it would work. So I loaded up my default scene, removed all cars except the XFR and matched the angle and did a preview render.

I then worked with the background in Photoshop. Removed a quadbike and bits of another one and made a forground mask. All in all 5 mins for 3D and 5 mins for Photoshop - and then I started to mix them together. It worked better than expected and before I realized it, I pretty much had something I could actually upload - I did go back to do a full res render though.

The render could have been improved upon - but not bad for a quick setup. My default lightsource and its intensity wasn't even touched at all. Not because it was ok, but I didn't care about it for the test - and it did turn out to be ok anyways. A bit ironic though, because I wanted to record a vid for the real thing. But the real thing never happened

I might make a video of the different steps during the making of it.

Is anybody keen to do a FOX render for me? If so, I would send the skin in Private Message Thanking you in advance.
Sure.

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG