Just have a laptop... this sucks.... i suck
Attached images
Dagp[1].jpg
Graphics finally arrived today, so i finally got around to booting it for the first time an installing windows
And my :O with 6 cores and 8GB RAM it installed in about 7 minutes.. up to the first desktop appearance
Now time to install all necessary drivers, copy my files from my old hard drive and test just what it can handle lol
No SSD and installed Windows in 7 minutes?

I have my doubts...
Quote from DavidTiger :Graphics finally arrived today, so i finally got around to booting it for the first time an installing windows
And my :O with 6 cores and 8GB RAM it installed in about 7 minutes.. up to the first desktop appearance
Now time to install all necessary drivers, copy my files from my old hard drive and test just what it can handle lol

Like more ram and a CPU with an useless amount of cores will make the install any faster. All depends on your HDD.
If I could be bothered I'd do it again and record it lol..Although I'll say 10-12 minutes to be a bit more realistic, the hdd is not exactly top spec but its faster than my old one at least..
I will get an ssd sometime in the future but my next thing is a decent cpu cooler as the stock one that comes with the cpu is pretty useless for anything...

Recommendations for decent coolers? Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO?

So far so good..
Gone from 30-40fps with 8xAA, no vsync, everything else max
to over 300fps with 16xAA, vsync and all max..
Not that it matters when my monitor is only doing 60Hz.

Currently installing Dirt3, GTAIV and I suppose Crysis 1/2 should be on my list now too
PC Info
Dual screen setup
Processor:- AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory 6.94 GB
Total Virtual Memory 13.9 GB

Graphics Card
GTX1050 ti by strix gaming
Attached images
DSCF1603.JPG
DSCF1365.JPG
Quote from DavidTiger :Recommendations for decent coolers? Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO?

>Arctic Cooling
>decent

you kidding bro.

God-tier [$90]: Noctua NH-D14 (if you're going for budget this high.. consider Antec Kuhler 920 ($95)/Corsair H80 ($95)/Corsair H100 ($120) instead)
High-tier [$50]: Scythe Ninja 3
Mid-tier [$35]: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo [most bang for the buck]
Low-tier [$15]: Rosewill RCX-Z1 [not suitable for overclocking]
Or a Megahalems or a Phanteks PH-TC14PE :lovies:
Quote from Bose321 :Or a Megahalems or a Phanteks PH-TC14PE :lovies:

He has a AMD, Megahalems doesn't comes with AMD mounting hardware.
No idea about Phanteks.

Btw, kind of off-topic, but does anyone knows of low cost CPU cooler that has HUGE base plate (the thing that touches CPU)? I need it for non-PC related project (max. 30W TDP), so I'd really want it to be cheap & huge.
Quote from DavidTiger :
Recommendations for decent coolers? Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO?

i have the limited edition,and its awesome.40$ so quiet and keeps my overclocked i7 at 26 c idle and around 40 on load. i dont think u need more than that.dont listen to mister latvia here :P
Quote from e2mustang :i have the limited edition,and its awesome.40$ so quiet and keeps my overclocked i7 at 26 c idle and around 40 on load. i dont think u need more than that.dont listen to mister latvia here :P

Your i7 with TDP of 95W?.. My grandma can keep that under 40°C by blowing air onto it..
Also since when 30 dBA is silent?
Quote from E.Reiljans :

Since teenagers became deaf from listening dubstep and dnb...
I'm not looking for insane cooling, nor overclocking..Although it does go to 3.8GHz with the autoboost in the bios..
Just something cheap and as a better alternative to the useless stock heatsink..
I mean my room temp is around 22C and its sitting at 42C at idle/web use... although it never went over 60 when I was playing gtaiv for 30 mins or so..
Quote from DavidTiger :I'm not looking for insane cooling, nor overclocking..Although it does go to 3.8GHz with the autoboost in the bios..
Just something cheap and as a better alternative to the useless stock heatsink..
I mean my room temp is around 22C and its sitting at 42C at idle/web use... although it never went over 60 when I was playing gtaiv for 30 mins or so..

212 Evo it is then, quiet as **** and cheap enough for you (20 pounds)
Won't go over 40°C while playing GTA IV even if you clock down the fan to 50% duty cycle using some PWM-adjusting app (e.g. SpeedFan)
Quote from FRZN-95 :Since teenagers became def from listening dubstep and dnb...

Ah, I see. Makes sense.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Your i7 with TDP of 95W?.. My grandma can keep that under 40°C by blowing air onto it..

dude are you the one in my room who hears it or is it me?
if i say quiet its quiet.get lost
Quote from e2mustang :dude are you the one in my room who hears it or is it me?
if i say quiet its quiet.get lost

No, if you say it's quiet, you're either deaf or just never were near a truly quiet PC.
It's the noise rating that says whether it's quiet or not, not you.
lol ! ok
Quote from E.Reiljans :No, if you say it's quiet, you're either deaf or just never were near a truly quiet PC.
It's the noise rating that says whether it's quiet or not, not you.

Yea. If I fart under your nose and the books say that it should be smelly yet you don't smell anything, then is it smelly or not?
Quote from Kristi :Yea. If I fart under your nose and the books say that it should be smelly yet you don't smell anything, then is it smelly or not?

"Fart" is not SI unit of measuring smell, dB is SI unit of measuring noise.
Your comparison makes as much sense as your avatar.
Quote from E.Reiljans :"Fart" is not SI unit of measuring smell, dB is SI unit of measuring noise.
Your comparison makes as much sense as your avatar.

I had a good hard lol at this. thanks
last time i checked noise level goes like this :
very good 0 - 0,5 Sone
good 0,5 - 1,5 Sone
mid 1,5 - 2,5 Sone
bad 2,5 - 4,0 Sone
very bad above 4,0 Sone

mine being 0,4 @ lass than 50$ i dont see a point in your argument
Your cooler's fan has noise rating of 30 dB. Stop writing those gimmicky "Sone" numbers used by manufacturers who are ashamed of their dB ratings.
cant convert it? doit.
Sure why not

0.5 Sone is equal to 30 dB of 1kHz sine-wave.
whatever man. stop pushing people to buy stuff that u think are the best !
if i say something is good for me,stop telling me it is not. k?

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG