The online racing simulator
Steam got hacked
(32 posts, started )
#1 - Mysho
Steam got hacked
Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.

We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

We don’t have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely.

While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login. If you have used your Steam forum password on other accounts you should change those passwords as well.

We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password.

We will reopen the forums as soon as we can.

I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gabe.
This is why I find Steam so much better than actual physical copies of the games that can be played without depending on a online service of questionable security.

Oh, wait...

:gnasher:
Sony 2.0, begin countdown sequence.

This sucks.
This WOULD happen right before I lose my bank card wouldn't it?

Steam, you run on vbulletin, I hope it won't happen again.
#5 - PoVo
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Parent's credit card was on it
Yesterday I almost wanted to install Steam, but it seemed better to wait.
I still stand by that now.
That's why steam sacksss
#8 - pipa
Only put games on it, that needed this service to run so so with changing my password i should be fine.

Good luck to you.
So glad I removed my card details a few months ago when all this hacking business was mentioned.

I must be psychic.
Doesn't matter, if you used it once, it's in their database even if you removed it from your profile...
Meh, that kinda sucks... and is rather stupid
lol anonymous.
Great job informing the users BTW, if it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldnt've known anything unless I had a reason to visit and logon to the steam forums. There was no mention of if in the Steam app, they didn't even bother to send me an email... At least it looks like there's no credit card or billing info stored in my Steam account and I finally had a reason to change a couple of my rather weak passwords...
So, I almost could of lost all my credit/bank card details with Song getting hacked, and now I might again have a chance of losing them to possibly the same group!

No luck..
Quote from MadCatX :Great job informing the users BTW, if it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldnt've known anything unless I had a reason to visit and logon to the steam forums. There was no mention of if in the Steam app, they didn't even bother to send me an email... At least it looks like there's no credit card or billing info stored in my Steam account and I finally had a reason to change a couple of my rather weak passwords...

They kept saying it's only forums. That's why I guess. But yesterday I got this nice pop-up when I finished playing Race 07...

They will be giving out some free copies of DOTA 2 & Portal 2 as some value for this, but what the hell. Some cracker has database with all of accounts and credit card numbers and by now is trying to ruin some steam accounts I guess...
Well it can't be "just" the forums if credit cards and billing addresses info has been compromised and even if it were, why am I supposed to go find it out on my own? I really do hope they use some adequate encryption algorithm on the personal info...
lol, and i who got an email from my bank 4+ weeks ago saying that my creditcard ( visa ) has been involved in and fraud attemt..

problebly was related to this ??

i got an new card in that mail anyway, and didnt see any odd withdraws.
Quote from Mr_Lonely :lol, and i who got an email from my back 4+ weeks ago saying that my creditcard ( visa ) has been involved in and fraud attemt..

problebly was related to this ??

i got an new card in that mail anyway, and didnt see any odd withdraws.

Don't think so, this started only a week ago.

(Who knows if it's true)
maybe, but i got that mail 5-7 days after i bought a new game on steam.

thats why i thought so..
geez.... cmon.
#21 - PoVo
I'm seriously annoyed at them right now.

Firstly they didn't even notify me that this incident happened. No emails or nothing.

Secondly I have to change the password myself? I think in such an event Steam should automatically change passwords for every account and email them or whatever...

EDIT: More problems... I can log in fine using the Steam website, but whenever I try to login from the Steam program, I can't login...

WTF is this shiot?
Is this the work of the imbreed faggots "anonymous" ?
What was actually defaced then? I'd like to know.
Quote from Mysho :
They will be giving out some free copies of DOTA 2 & Portal 2 as some value for this...

Is this a rumour or an actual statement from Valve?
#25 - msk

Steam got hacked
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG