The online racing simulator
Battlefield Play4Free
(458 posts, started )
The main problem was that whatever could go wrong WENT wrong.
I practiced a fair bit of time for this match only to lag all the way through the 3 rounds (couldn't do anything but try to cap flags and throw grenades), our team had a couple of noobs filling in for the guys who were missing/no-showed and we were outnumbered (8 to 6), plus our strategies weren't really thought through. That was like the first time we all played in the same team, so...yeah . It's weird how on a public server you can work as a team with strangers but then on a clan it's hard to follow as planned with no practice. For the record, I'm not having a jab at anyone.
On a public server, if you have a good team, you dominate. Normally on public servers its a mix of good and bad people. The team with the most bad people end up losing, even if 6 of the 16 are fantastic, the other 10 could drag them down.

On maps as big as BF, you need the full amount of players, having people not there is just pitiful on their part. Not being able to practice together is obviously a downfall, but you spread out so much in that game, that you don't really need to practice together. You all just need to know what routes to take, how to communicate, and how to have a plan before the round starts. You also need a head man that knows how to adapt to what the other team is doing, and tell the team how to adapt to it aswell.

Even something as simple as (this is for Oman):

2 people in attack chopper
1 in jet
1 going straight to D, then uses AA.
1 in Tank go to C.
1 in Light tank (or APC) to B.
2 covering B or C, with the ability to have a push on A when available.

Keeping control of what is in the air and vehicles on the ground is important. Having a man on AA at D, and also having B for the AA is important. No sniper is ever needed. Instead you need engineers, and people to use tracer darts for all the vehicles on the ground.

That's a very simplistic plan there, but you get the point. Many things have to be pretty detailed in order to know how to get it done. Sometimes being unpredictable is your best bet. It might be considered "nooby", but thats what all the losers say.
#428 - Uke
Count me In as backup for the next match, as assault class.
Quote from Senninha25 :The main problem was that whatever could go wrong WENT wrong.
I practiced a fair bit of time for this match only to lag all the way through the 3 rounds (couldn't do anything but try to cap flags and throw grenades), our team had a couple of noobs filling in for the guys who were missing/no-showed and we were outnumbered (8 to 6), plus our strategies weren't really thought through. That was like the first time we all played in the same team, so...yeah . It's weird how on a public server you can work as a team with strangers but then on a clan it's hard to follow as planned with no practice. For the record, I'm not having a jab at anyone.

thought it was 8 to 7? oh wait you dont count, Guys im lagging , guys im lagging cough Rui. Were playing killzone zero were definetly gonna get pwned. unless anyone wants to help out? (JUST NOTE IS NORTH AMERICAN TOURNEY) and were at sharqi...
well we got destroyed again, other team was camping with USAS's motion sensors smoke grenades etc We were hoping a flanking game would work but it didnt work to well they had it well protected
Quote from Mustangman759 :well we got destroyed again, other team was camping with USAS's motion sensors smoke grenades etc We were hoping a flanking game would work but it didnt work to well they had it well protected

can't we just learn from what they did? I think hiding motion sensors on an enemy base and then using smoke grenades for ambushes was a genius idea. Plus the claymores and the hiding behind ledges, that caught me out plenty of times.
Quote from Senninha25 :can't we just learn from what they did? I think hiding motion sensors on an enemy base and then using smoke grenades for ambushes was a genius idea. Plus the claymores and the hiding behind ledges, that caught me out plenty of times.

exactly, it was genius shame we didnt think of it
Quote from Mustangman759 :exactly, it was genius shame we didnt think of it

true that if we get another sniper into the team, that could work well. they had 2 snipers doing separate jobs, one placed tha claymores and the other threw the motion sensors. I think that's why they didn't catch A in the first 3 matches, just dropped the ball there and went away
new map
it sucks
More like it's awesome. Any map that isn't like Sharqi or Basra is good.
Quote from PMD9409 :More like it's awesome. Any map that isn't like Sharqi or Basra is good.

Geez, all these people want is vehicles... Sharqi and Basra are pretty good for trolling around with grenades and the knife, that's as fun as blowing the other team up with an APC or Attack heli.

EDIT: Besides, Dragon Valley is crashing on my game so it's good to still have the other maps working.
if you can actually get the little bird it is very swift and all but if it was windy I think you would crash LOL
i like dragon valley. suits my sniper :P
bunch of noobs LOL
Attached images
BFP4f 2011-10-28 17-58-59-36.jpg
BFP4f 2011-10-28 18-12-35-55.jpg
hax i tell you.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :hax i tell you.

tier 3 on attack helo on the 26/0 i had locks on all vehicles and little running russians
It's really hard with the new overpowered chopper. [/sarcasm]
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It's really hard with the new overpowered chopper. [/sarcasm]

Are you referring to the littlebird?
It's even harder now that the developers got the players to spend a month playing just to level up (from 20 to 21).
Bird? I said chopper
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Bird? I said chopper

But were you referring to the smaller helicopters in the latest map (Dragon Valley) or the other ones before?
(Sorry for being thick)
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It's really hard with the new overpowered chopper. [/sarcasm]

it is not very hard. but still I had to take out the enemy attack helo, jets and armor while Rui was taking bases. Otherwise he would be dead :P
Quote from Senninha25 :But were you referring to the smaller helicopters in the latest map (Dragon Valley) or the other ones before?
(Sorry for being thick)

Nein, I ment the AH64 with the new updates. If you max out the trainingpoints for it, it's just ridiculously overpowered on Oman and DV. All the ground-units are green dots on your screen, same with all vechiles etc. I think it even can see ground-units thru the walls.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Nein, I ment the AH64 with the new updates. If you max out the trainingpoints for it, it's just ridiculously overpowered on Oman and DV. All the ground-units are green dots on your screen, same with all vechiles etc. I think it even can see ground-units thru the walls.

Ah, ok. But to be honest, the AH-64 has been an overpowered helicopter since the MIL-28's hellfires stopped working on vehicles.

I think I'll only be able to see which one's better when the bugs on both helicopters are sorted out, because when you have a heli that makes your game freeze if you look behind and then another heli whose hellfires only work on infantry, it's a bit hard to pick a favourite :/
Quote from Senninha25 :Ah, ok. But to be honest, the AH-64 has been an overpowered helicopter since the MIL-28's hellfires stopped working on vehicles.

I think I'll only be able to see which one's better when the bugs on both helicopters are sorted out, because when you have a heli that makes your game freeze if you look behind and then another heli whose hellfires only work on infantry, it's a bit hard to pick a favourite :/

They still haven't fixed it?
That seem to only happen on certain servers, at least for me.

Battlefield Play4Free
(458 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG