The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :Once it goes gold they'll release the 'base pack' for free download.

Much like the LFS demo is free, the big difference is that in C.A.R.S. seams to be micro transaction based: a car or a track = a few euros, nice looking skin = 1 euro, etc. (atleast this is how I interprete the sparse information) There will probabyl be packs (f1 track pack, ALMS-track pack, wtcc car pack etc.)
Ariel Atom is looking good, roll on Monday
it looks good even if its just some simple thrown together physics it'd be nice to have it ingame.
Quote :Kart and fictional Glencairn kart track in build Monday (24th)
Ariel Atom in build Monday (24th)
Bathurst is WIP
Caterham Seven Extralight T500 is WIP
Gumpert Apollo Sport is WIP

You guys see anything else? Someone posted this on iR forum so don't know if there's more/less.
There are usually various little tweaks and changes with lots of people working on different aspects at the same time. I heard something about changes in the menu but I can't remember what it was and I can't be bothered to try and find it in the forum. I know they're working on the visual tyre deformation and I have seen a couple of screenshots. They're working on making the steering input totally lag free aswell, which I look forward to if they're successful.
Build 78 (25/10/11, Manager+)
Toned down heat haze
Added a few more options to visuals menu
Added gamepad filtering option
Added cloudy weather selection to race menu
Fix for DX9 windscreen corruption bug
Fix for groundcover crash
Updated Glencairn track
Updated Racer car
Improved lighting settings for most tracks
Fixes to car setup menu (still lots of bugs)
Change audio balance to bring out more wind noise
Version number added to UI
Various UI fixes and improvements
Updated kart
Fixed direction of driver head lean in corners
Enabled fuel consumption and tyre wear
Added free camera (Ctrl-F then the mouse and WASD, SHIFT keys)

Build 76 (20/10/11, Manager+)
Car setup menu added (first pass, many bugs)
Kart added (first export, no bug reports yet please)
Glencairn track added (first export, no bug reports yet please)
Nuke 3 added (first export, no bug reports yet please)
Fix for DX11 "grey square around the player car" bug
Updated exports of all tracks (various fixes and improvements)
Various UI fixes
Idle throttle adjusted on all cars so you can stall if clutch not used properly
Disabled exhaust backfire on LM2011

Build 74 (17/10/11, Team Member+)
Instant replay enabled (placeholder UI and cameras).
Fix for 5:4 aspect rendering.
Fix for blue tint bug affecting certain NVidia cards.
Language set to English only.
Security implementation to support builds per member level.
Made look left/right faster.
Racer sound improvements.
AI aggression reduced a little.
AI improvements at Connecticut Hill.
Formula B physics updates for better performance over kerbs and turning in general.
Continued Connecticut Hill art updates.
Do they actually have the license to make the cars the have in the game? Otherwise they are going to get sued for all the unlicensed vehicles.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Do they actually have the license to make the cars the have in the game? Otherwise they are going to get sued for all the unlicensed vehicles.

This has pretty much been covered upthread. If you change the name, it's pretty hard to get sued for this stuff.
And they are in the process of getting the licenses.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This has pretty much been covered upthread. If you change the name, it's pretty hard to get sued for this stuff.

thats what samsung though as well
Warning to tempted LFS users!

Release speed at WMD might make you feel dizzy...

[/SARCASM]
They've got development income though
Is this game worth buying? How is the feeling of it and ffb?
Karting....A LOT of fun actually from here.
Quote from TamelCoe :Is this game worth buying? How is the feeling of it and ffb?

Also interested. I'm put off due to most videos showing lack of oversteer in every car?

Thanks
i want to know why i have such bad FPS on my rig

i7920 @ 3.4Ghz
6GB ram
Sli GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB
Rampage 2 Extreme

stutters like mad, like every second it drops a frame, the FFB and controls feels wierd although its much better now its on 900 degs.
Try disabling SLi, i had issues with stutters until i disabled it.
It's gonna be an investment fail. I was interested up until the point I heard it was based on Shift 2 game-engine.

Seems like a debacle already what we need is a game that costs 24 dollars for a CD and the game doesn't change because it's been made perfectly and doesn't need patching and the community can create mods and track easily. Oh wait, that's pretty much rFactor apart from.... uh... such a game will never exist.
Quote from lukelfs :Also interested. I'm put off due to most videos showing lack of oversteer in every car?

Thanks

Oversteer seems pretty non-existant right now, even in the 68 Lotus. I haven't had much seat-time, though, and the fact that my chair keeps rolling around the non-carpetted floor in my new condo hinders any real evaluation from my end, physics-wise.

... It is pretty, though.
Quote from MAGGOT :Oversteer seems pretty non-existant right now, even in the 68 Lotus. I haven't had much seat-time, though, and the fact that my chair keeps rolling around the non-carpetted floor in my new condo hinders any real evaluation from my end, physics-wise.

... It is pretty, though.

Thanks for the reply

Ah right, I will probably wait until I see some more convincing videos..
Quote from lukelfs :Thanks for the reply

Ah right, I will probably wait until I see some more convincing videos..

If you've got 10 euros I'd say it's worth it just to try it out for the next few months, if you have a rig capable of running it smoothly. I've only gotten to do a total of like 10 laps in it so far, and I'm glad I got in on it. I just want some time to actually give it a proper go.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's gonna be an investment fail. I was interested up until the point I heard it was based on Shift 2 game-engine.

Shift 2 graphics engine. Not physics.

But then everything you say these days is some sort of troll, I don't know why I'm bothering to reply.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Shift 2 graphics engine. Not physics.

Didn't know. Still ain't gonna get involved with a payment plan like that anyway, I'm not even mildy interested to try it, given the fact that they developed some of the poor-est arcade racers ever to be made.
Quote from BlueFlame :Didn't know. Still ain't gonna get involved with a payment plan like that anyway, I'm not even mildy interested to try it, given the fact that they developed some of the poor-est arcade racers ever to be made.

You got into iRacing's subscription based payment plan, I'm sure you can do a one-time payment plan like it should be done.

Not picking on you, just poor excuse.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG