The online racing simulator
LX Leagues?
(20 posts, started )
LX Leagues?
Well, I wasn't particularly interested in racing in one myself, but I kinda was thinking about staging one here this winter.

I was wondering how many LX leagues there have been, how they have ran, ect. Currently I havn't began to think about how I will run mine, or even if I'll use the LX4 or 6, or both, or even how long the races will be.

I guess I was looking to the community for help on deciding this.

What do you like as far as LX races go in LFS?

Edit: Well,everything is finaly decided upon. The LX World Championships have been announced on the Realistic NASCAR sub-forum: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76753

Thanks for your input everybody
LX4 is definately one of my favourite and also LX6 is fun, but please finish these leagues before you start another one again.
the LX4 is a GREAT car to drive. Probably one of my favourites.
Quote from VTiRacing :LX4 is definately one of my favourite and also LX6 is fun, but please finish these leagues before you start another one again.

Don't worry, I'm not going to start until I actually have the time to put it on
#5 - Sobis
I would participate.
As far as I know, the last international LX league in date was LXO, more than 3 years ago. http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=199

Fun Racing League also did a few trophies with LX4 in 2009-2010, with some good success.

However LX4/6 aren't very popular (probably because they actually require skills to keep yourslef in the pace, and rarely provides close racing), so I'd say it'd be a bit risky to launch one at the moment. But it could definitely be interresting, and I'd consider racing in it.
Hum... 3 years ago... I'm willing to take on that challenge.

I was thinking on it, and I thought of something like this (this format is intended to make what (as called above) somewhat boring car (to watch & race) a little more exciting.

-Car: LX4 (easier for the less tallented driver to handle, and therefor more drivers possably in attendance)
-15 min. Qualifying. 1st and 2nd receive small number of points (IE: 2 & 1)
-Odd position and then Even position qualifyers each race a short (10 min or so) race with small points pay off for podium finishes (IE: 3, 2, 1). These would directly determine the starting grid. (Like the Daytona 500's Duels, only front row wouldn't be determined by qualifying)
-Open 10 min. practice session to give admins time to set the race line-ups.
-Set grid, and race for 30 min for full points payout.

This is, of course, open for changes and is nothing permanent or official This weekend's Super FZR 100 Mile Oval Shootout is using a similar set-up, and once it is over and done with I will have a better idea on how this type of race to qualify event is to run and race
#8 - Sobis
Quote from cornys :hum... 3 years ago... I'm willing to take on that challenge.

I was thinking on it, and i thought of something like this (this format is intended to make what (as called above) somewhat boring car (to watch & race) a little more exciting.

-car: Lx4 (easier for the less tallented driver to handle, and therefor more drivers possably in attendance)
-15 min. Qualifying. 1st and 2nd receive small number of points (ie: 2 & 1)
-odd position and then even position qualifyers each race a short (10 min or so) race with small points pay off for podium finishes (ie: 3, 2, 1). These would directly determine the starting grid. (like the daytona 500's duels, only front row wouldn't be determined by qualifying)
-open 10 min. Practice session to give admins time to set the race line-ups.
-set grid, and race for 30 min for full points payout.

This is, of course, open for changes and is nothing permanent or official this weekend's super fzr 100 mile oval shootout is using a similar set-up, and once it is over and done with i will have a better idea on how this type of race to qualify event is to run and race

we need LX6!

Or maybe even LX8...
Quote from Sobis :we need LX6!

Or maybe even LX8...

Anybody else think this? (I will look into it, but I'll look more if more people agree )
Quote from Cornys :Anybody else think this? (I will look into it, but I'll look more if more people agree )

im sure troy (K.Lue) thinks this way ^^
I am up for it. (lx4)
vanilla LX8 <3... in our dreams, almost
The LX8 would only be a one off event if I ran it.. I'd need somebody to help me with tweak as well.

Would you guys like seperate LX4 and 6 series' or races? If so would you like them to be on different dates of the same series, or would you like them to race at the same time. [RN] has never done a multi-class race, so for me (maybe not speedy J ) there would be a bit of a learning curve involved.

Let me know what you guys want so I can get the sign-ups out.. The Realistic NASCAR Cup likely won't happen due to lack of interest due to a competing league, so, this winter [RN] will likely take on an LX series instead
I'd more interested in a LX4.
I think I would really like LX cars if they had slicks and downforce,so too bad I wasn't here around when Troy organized these tweak events...

Still,I would participate in stardart LX event if I will be able. Would prefer more powerful one though.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :However LX4/6 aren't very popular (probably because they actually require skills to keep yourslef in the pace, and rarely provides close racing), so I'd say it'd be a bit risky to launch one at the moment.

I personally disagree with you, Yann. IMO LX's have become more popular in pickup races (best example prolly Cargame) and I would love to see some sort of a season driven in either LX4 or LX6 (preferably probably LX4 cos it's much easier to control as somebody pointed out I think). I also believe that it would get a high attendance cos of the rareness of the league, seeing as most of the international leagues are driven with GTR's (active ones anyway). Also iirc NDR's easter event was driven with LX4 and iirc the attendance in it was pretty good eventho it wasnt announced much before the actual race. Obviously I can't speak for anybody else than myself, but I do believe that a season with LX would be popular.
-
(Cornys) DELETED by Cornys
Today at our Realistic NASCAR Meeting it was decided the we would run 2 races for each event of our Series.

Race Day schedules will look something like this:

14:00 GMT - LX4 Qualifiyng (12 min)
14:15 GMT - LX4 Race (Race around 30 min. long)
14:50 GMT - LX6 Qualifying (12 min)
15:05 GMT - LX6 Race (Race around 30 min. long)

Points for each race will pay evenly and an Overal, LX4 and LX6 Champion will be crowned at season's end.

This series will begin at the middle of December / Beginning of 2012. Pay attention to the Events section here on the LFS fourms for further information going forward
NAS.CART by LFS Colombia
LFS Colombia (http://www.lfscolombia.com) is starting a 5-round championship called NAS.CART. 4 oval races and one circuit all with the LX4. The first round is today at 20:30 (UTC-5).

Here's a taste of what's to come in the next 5 weeks.

http://vimeo.com/31181818

LX Leagues?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG