The online racing simulator
Electric cars in LFS?
(224 posts, started )
Quote from E.Reiljans :Do you understand that those 30 mins can be part of your work time or part of your sleeping time?

Unless all cars have a standardized socket and there's a power plug available at every parking spot, it can't. It also doesn't solve the problem when you have to drive further than the battery capacity allows.
Nuclear Powered car.
btw the other problem of battery is that if everyone have an electric batteryfull car, everyone gonna load it at 18:00-19:00 in order it to be ready for tomorrow...In a country like France which has one of the best electrical network, french electricity provider should increase its production by 200% ! (fyi, France is the leader in nuclear energy and 80% of electricity made in France is made from uranium, so ofc ecologist are against any new nuclear factory which made the aim of increasing the product impossible).

So btw stop dreaming and let engineer improve petrol car because every cars proffessional would say future of automotive industry isn't electricity, but...PETROL ^^
Not petrol,as it will run out after some decades,but ethanol - still same engines though.
in fact future is certainly synthetic petrol that is created in spain. I have seen a documentary about it few month ago
Quote from E.Reiljans :Do you understand that those 30 mins can be part of your work time or part of your sleeping time?

IF there is a high-power electrical source where you work/where you live. If not, it will take HOURS, possibly more than your sleep/your working time. Not to mention that we have 3 cars in our house. It happened that all three cars were almost out of juice at the same time: we went to a petrol station and filled up.
Having said that we all need to go to work/school in the morning, could we charge 3 cars at a time? Surely not. So either my father or my mother or me would go to work/school in the morning, the other two won't. And that's not good.
So how to solve this? Why, fitting a car with a special tank in which you put a flammable liquid, and then when the liquid runs out you pull into... let's call it a "petrol station", fill it up in a couple of minutes and you never have to go brass rubbing (when recharging your electric car). (BTW, © Jeremy Clarkson)

Yes, I do watch Top Gear. But that doesn't mean I don't have MY OWN opinion. Sometimes, it is the same as Top Gear's presenters', sometimes it isn't. 'Cause I have a brain, you know.
Quote from freddyalek90 :IF there is a high-power electrical source where you work/where you live. If not, it will take HOURS, possibly more than your sleep/your working time. Not to mention that we have 3 cars in our house. It happened that all three cars were almost out of juice at the same time: we went to a petrol station and filled up.
Having said that we all need to go to work/school in the morning, could we charge 3 cars at a time? Surely not. So either my father or my mother or me would go to work/school in the morning, the other two won't. And that's not good.
So how to solve this? Why, fitting a car with a special tank in which you put a flammable liquid, and then when the liquid runs out you pull into... let's call it a "petrol station", fill it up in a couple of minutes and you never have to go brass rubbing (when recharging your electric car).

Yes, I do watch Top Gear. But that doesn't mean I don't have MY OWN opinion. Sometimes, it is the same as Top Gear's presenters', sometimes it isn't. 'Cause I have a brain, you know.

What's wrong with it taking HOURS, considering you sleep and work HOURS as well?
Quote from FPVaaron :I think uranium powered cars would be a better addition. Then when you crash there is the possibility of gamma radiation causing mass defects in drivers.

LOL you made my day
Quote from E.Reiljans :What's wrong with it taking HOURS, considering you sleep and work HOURS as well?

What's wrong with READING?
Quote from freddyalek90 :possibly more than your sleep/your working time

An example should clarify why I don't think battery powered electric cars will catch on; the numbers I use aren't REAL numbers, I use them to let you know easily what I mean.

Let's say I sleep 8 hours per night, then go to work 80km from my house (using a motorway), and the car takes 10 hours to be at 100% charge (=100km), I will run out of juice, because (as usual) the "theorical" range is far better then the real range. But let's say I will make it in time and without running out. I work 2 hours, then my wife/child/mum/etc calls me and has an emergency, near home. My car will only have around 20% charge, which should be 20km in ideal conditions. But being an emergency, I would drive faster than the usual 50kph of the "ideal conditions". I would therefore stay where I am for another 8 hours to drive (slowly) to my home hoping my wife/child/mum/etc is ok even if I didn't help her/him.

With a petrol/diesel/LPG/ethanol/hydrogen/[putanyliquidpowersourcehere] car, I could stop at a petrol station and put more fuel in giving me full range in a couple of minutes, drive at 130kph on the motorway, and be home in an hour or little more.
btw I wouldn't feel confident with a car that gonna run out of power
And as an interesting question, what is required to produce an electric car, what is actually required to charge it, what do we do with the remains when it wears out.

Until we refine batteries and develop solar and other alternative power sources that in no way rely on the current belief that the nuclear power plants are safe, and remember that any increase in electrical generation will require more power plants, there's no way to support electric cars.

There's also some interesting research into how oil is actually created.
LFSTweak > Set number of cylinders to 1 > Set max gears to 3 > Done.
Quote from Racer X NZ : the current belief that the nuclear power plants are safe

That is the current belief because it's true

[B]Deaths per TWh by energy source[/B]

Coal – world average 161
Coal – China 278
Coal – USA 15
Oil 36
Natural Gas 4
Biofuel/Biomass 12
Peat 12
Solar (rooftop) 0.44
Wind 0.15
Hydro 0.10
Hydro - world including Banqiao) 1.4
Nuclear 0.04

Not wanting to derail the thread or anything :dunce:
Why has this guy a hard on for electric cars? They're boring!
I take it that you have no idea of either Chernobyl or Japan.

Try actually checking reality before bothering to quote marketing.

I've avoided bothering to comment on Japan because once you realize what is actually happening there it's genocide, and most people just prefer to bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening.

We really need to develop safer energy sources before we can consider electric cars.
Quote from FPVaaron :I think uranium powered cars would be a better addition. Then when you crash there is the possibility of gamma radiation causing mass defects in drivers.

Also [sarcasm] you wouldn't need headlights or brake lights would you? It'd light the track as it goes[/sarcasm]

For the OP: No. Electric cars are not the future at all. How much market share do they have compared to petrol/diesel cars?
I have lost all respect to you as a human, Not only as a human, But as a man, Even I, desire to make shit explode and love very angry sounding cars.

The fact that you suggest that not only this game, But the world, Drive cars that sound like a air conditioning on heroine, Is beyond me, How could you... Why would you?!?

I'd be impressed if the Sirocco ever gets here, none the less, a full blown hybrid..
Pro tools Becky, pro tools.

The advantage with electric cars is you can build your own soundscape, want your kamakuza to sound like a TVR ?, no problem.

Mind you, it still goes like a heap of *****.
Guy, what about all this nuclear test USA, France, URSS made with weapons?

Everything that happened in Japan was due to Japanese honor system that created this situation where Japanese has no more water pomp to cool down their shit. I can't believe no one could have provide them another water pomp if they wanted, France did, USA did, but Japan didn't... (I know it from safe sources)
Oh god, facepalm...

Now I have to publicly announce that my dad has just ordered an Opel Ampera... I'm ashamed...:sorry:
I really like the idea of implementing an electric car! Strategies on medium lengh racing will become more of an isssue i guess.

#97 - PoVo
Quote from Dandy Dust :I really like the idea of implementing an electric car! Strategies on medium lengh racing will become more of an isssue i guess.

And noone will be bothered to race them.
#99 - PoVo
We need a monster truck!

Electric cars in LFS?
(224 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG