The online racing simulator
Wkd cruise :)
(106 posts, started )
Quote from bunder9999 :one thing i don't get about cruisers, is that they want a racing simulator to be a driving simulator... what's so cool about driving around on aston pretending it's a real city? there are games which do pretty much everything they want, all they have to do is LUA script their extra missions.

Any info about its physics ?
Quote from bunder9999 :one thing i don't get about cruisers, is that they want a racing simulator to be a driving simulator... what's so cool about driving around on aston pretending it's a real city? there are games which do pretty much everything they want, all they have to do is LUA script their extra missions.

The thing I don't get is - How is that a problem for you?

Also, what if I don't like the idea of learning LUA? I can just give you so many arguments, but in the end, it's going to be the same old "why cruise on a race simulator", well, okay, why open a cruise thread when you are interested only in racing? I believe that my question is much more adequate than yours. But I don't mind if you prove me wrong, with real arguments.
Quote from broken :Also, what if I don't like the idea of learning LUA? I can just give you so many arguments, but in the end, it's going to be the same old "why cruise on a race simulator", well, okay, why open a cruise thread when you are interested only in racing? I believe that my question is much more adequate than yours. But I don't mind if you prove me wrong, with real arguments.

do you know how many demo users come here trying to code cruise insims with C#, not knowing a single damn thing about programming and expecting us to hold their hand while they create "yet another" cruise insim?

yes, the physics are probably a little lacking, but at least it's a real city. i see nothing wrong with the open config idea lfs is doing, but that's going to be something the cruisers will be complaining about for years. "why can't i go here?" "i want more cities" "when will we get tow trucks?" etc.

look, i have no problem with cruisers, in fact, i've even thought of purchasing TDU2 (or a similar laid-back driving game). i just don't think lfs is the right platform for it, and i'm sure plenty of other people agree with that statement.

i'm sorry for derailing this otherwise useless thread.
Yes, I do know that many users request help with programming. But so do I, and most of the times, I get it. So, it would be pretty unfair if I got help and didn't give any. I think, once, I even actually swore that I'm never going to help demoers with programming again, but never planned to actually keep that promise anyway.

Seriously, I like helping people, when there's use of it. And I think others on this forum do too. It's really nice if you see that the person you've just helped has learned something thanks to you. Of course, the downside of this is when they just keep insisting on getting the code, without any effort on their side, but those threads usually just die.

And yes, I can think of the improvement suggestions that are going to come from the open-configs. But the sooner the people stop replying with stuff like "boo, stupidest idea ever!!", the sooner the threads will die. Also, it's not "cruisers", it's "people". Your character doesn't depend on what you use a game for. Yes, there are some really unique cases among the cruisers, I definitely agree on that one. But isn't it the same with racers, drifters, etc?
I'm not even going to bother picking apart everything that was bullsh!t about your post but I am going to add why cruising does suit LFS, wether you like it or not.

One thing that comes from cruise servers is the community surrounding it. I always enjoy going into a cruise server with people I know just to have a laugh. If a server has a bad community then I don't bother with it.

Also the physics are perfectly suited for cruising and racing. Alot of legal mods can be applied to make our gaming experience better and alot can be found within the cruise communities.

Now answer me this. Why bother bashing cruising in a cruise topic if you don't like it? Just avoid these topics, avoid the servers and it's not as if you were forced to come here.

Racing is good fun but sometimes I like to kick back and chill in a cruise server.
Give me a cruise server were there are pedo bears - and Ill show you someone who comes and joins the Pedo Bears as a Pedo Cruiser on your server =)
Quote from CodieMorgan :Give me a cruise server were there are pedo bears - and Ill show you someone who comes and joins the Pedo Bears as a Pedo Cruiser on your server =)

If I cruise with the UF1 I always use a Pedo Bear skin.
WKD, please stop sending minions onto other peoples hosts to disruptivly spam and advertise WKD, it is frankly rude and ignorant. We do not wish to visit your drift server.
Quote from Flange :WKD, please stop sending minions onto other peoples hosts to disruptivly spam and advertise WKD, it is frankly rude and ignorant. We do not wish to visit your drift server.

I don't believe it's people FROM WKD doing that. I actually believe it's been done by people who are not actually part of the staff or team.

Cause I'm regulary on their TS3 and I've never heard talking about them telling people to spam or advertise their server that way.

Maybe it can also be that you're just being a clown right now, don't know, but could be.
Quote from rockclan :I don't believe it's people FROM WKD doing that. I actually believe it's been done by people who are not actually part of the staff or team.

Cause I'm regulary on their TS3 and I've never heard talking about them telling people to spam or advertise their server that way.

Maybe it can also be that you're just being a clown right now, don't know, but could be.

Very true, We don't tell any cruisers to come onto other servers to say anything in anyway about WKD. It would be more likely a person that got banned or kicked to do so.
When I followed him to the WKD drift server it was the owner Nibe (Globb3n or what ever) telling him to do it and that it was gathering people, most of who I should think were complaining. Yes it was WKD users following the instructions of one of the founders...

Also jason, cut the bullshit, when WKD opened this whole argument started, I remember Nibe doing it himself back then. As is says in the first complaint 'minions' not 'members', yes it did happen, does happen and is down to WKD members, head admin or not, your obviously up-aware.
#87 - PoVo
Quote from Jason1984 :Very true, We don't tell any cruisers to come onto other servers to say anything in anyway about WKD. It would be more likely a person that got banned or kicked to do so.

Why would a person that got kicked/banned from WKD go and advertise the server?
wkd closed today when i exposed beaver for ripping ppl off with donations. He claimed to be paying the servers and etc, but the servers were provided to him free by friends. He hasnt updated the insim and has failed to control the worthless admins that were running the server into the ground.

He used the donation money for domino's pizza and other useless junk not related to caring or updating the servers.

The more you know.....
well apparently they are back on, but beware when you are asked to donate to the "servers".
Quote from edge3147 :wkd closed today when i exposed beaver for ripping ppl off with donations. He claimed to be paying the servers and etc, but the servers were provided to him free by friends. He hasnt updated the insim and has failed to control the worthless admins that were running the server into the ground.

He used the donation money for domino's pizza and other useless junk not related to caring or updating the servers.

The more you know.....

ok dont listen to the ****ing dick here
it was a fight whit admins then he left the wkd he did destry work we have work on for like 3 years website and stuff

wkd is a good server good admins donaten you get cars and cash on the cruise server.. and they dont use the money to bullshit just him up ther ^thet have a dick in his ear so dont listen to him good server good admins join and take a look
birdman i dont know wat your problem was we trusted you as an admin and then you abused that power by attempting to destroy the website

the donations are provided for the server to run otherwise we wouldnt of been able to run this long if we didnt have donators as nothing in this world is for free.

if you had a problem i dont see why you didnt try and disucss the matter with the admins rather than doing a fail attempt to destroy it

well i hope you a have a fun time with watever you choose to do next but i can assure you that you are not welcome back.
I tried to discuss things with you but you were always busy playing CS or playing music through teamspeak and being loud. I am not the only person that feels this way just the only one that is willing to speak out about it.

As for the donations, i was told this by multiple admins that I would trust more than I trust you. That says something. Take your gf who almost ruined the servers when she was always on the cruise servers being a horrible admin and causing problems, it just changed to different people but same general problems. abuse and such. you were too busy too see it all tho.
lol dude wkd is down since beav had the money limited
Look beaver I think WKD needs some changes.

1: (Some) Admins need to be kinder IMO.

2: I think COPS and CADETS will need to take some sort of training.

3: Make it a fun server maybe host something like a Race week.

4: Stop this donation rubbish please you can host the server via Dedi host 0.6b aswell as adding insim to it.

Thanks.
Quote from eddy678 :Look beaver I think WKD needs some changes.

4: Stop this donation rubbish please you can host the server via Dedi host 0.6b aswell as adding insim to it.

Thanks.

good one
they take admins like childern of 10 or 13 but not me because ive already a team XD but thats not a problem you have right i agree with you

Thanks.

I'd say ALOT kinder/less power abusive as me and a whole bunch of people got banned for no reason one night (was about a month or two ago), we were on TS as well and got perm banned from both. I did nothing wrong, no ramming/abuse. Just driving.
Quote from c00kie :I'd say ALOT kinder/less power abusive as me and a whole bunch of people got banned for no reason one night (was about a month or two ago), we were on TS as well and got perm banned from both. I did nothing wrong, no ramming/abuse. Just driving.

Since ive got banned for a year on TC city driving (not saying why)
I went to WKD cruise server but i prefer TC city driving because most of the admins kick/ban you for a good reason and they are kind.

I miss Tc a bit .
Quote from madseu :ok dont listen to the ****ing dick here
it was a fight whit admins then he left the wkd he did destry work we have work on for like 3 years website and stuff

wkd is a good server good admins donaten you get cars and cash on the cruise server.. and they dont use the money to bullshit just him up ther ^thet have a dick in his ear so dont listen to him good server good admins join and take a look

Wrong. I was a WKD insim MONTHS ago, back when it was a "good" server, about 5 of us (admins) left because of this. This isn't the first time this happends, so don't act like you know it all (: You're probably one of the new admins...

Thanks.

1. Well the amount of abuse we get from alot of younger cruisers you be suprised. Every cruise server has it's own set of rules so WKD is going to be different to TC/LTC same goes for their servers. But 70% of cruisers who come on stick by the rules. Then we have the other 30% of cruisers who don't follow the rules. We warn/kick but most don't listen and think it's normal to do so.
One example is pit speeding, on WKD we fine. If continue to do so we kick but many don't listen to an admin warning.

2. Me and WKD Beanster are the official trainers for WKD, we train many per month to WKD standards which are now higher then before.
Officer training is only for people we can trust with that rank.
Yes many Cadets do not follow the rules and we do take their cadet status off them pretty much straight away.

3. We have many other servers. 6 infact. Cruise 1 & 2, Race, Drift, Offroad and Crash.
I myself do a Race Event once a week, it's pretty popular with 12-24 racers per week. We hand out price money too. Give it a try some time.

4. Donations are down to Beav and him alone, what he does with the money is down to him, Just be happy that there is more then 1 cruise server to connect to. When you donate you used to just get FO8/BF1 but now since i've been on WKD i thought why not give something back to the cruisers who donate. So we now give Member 2 to any one donating so it's us saying thanks.
Quote from eddy678 :Since ive got banned for a year on TC city driving (not saying why)
I went to WKD cruise server but i prefer TC city driving because most of the admins kick/ban you for a good reason and they are kind.

I miss Tc a bit .

eddy678 Weston Park Banned (365 days / ends: 2012-08-03) Racist comment
I do it for you.

Wkd cruise :)
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG