The online racing simulator
Quote :"Don't call me a socialite, call me a businesswoman," demanded the socialite Tamara Ecclestone in The Mail on Sunday.

I love how they called her a socialite in that very same sentence classic.
BTW, i've read the bbc report about Heidfeld, I dont read about a termination for Nick, but it's writted :

Quote :for this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

Maybe it would be only in case to get some money during 1 week end?

And any official press release from LRGP...
Well the bbc article also mentions:

Quote :The 27-year-old nephew of the late Brazilian legend Ayrton Senna is expected to race for Renault in the eight remaining races this season alongside Russian Vitaly Petrov.

Don't think Heidfeld will be too bothered, after all they kept giving him cars that tried to set fire to him.
Jesus...when law gets into the mix, more boredom and politics ensue...:doh:
I'm sorry but that's just stupid. Heidfeld, is at the end of the day an employee of Renault, and they can use him to bake cookies if they see fit. It does not matter as along as they pay him.
Quote from Dygear :I'm sorry but that's just stupid. Heidfeld, is at the end of the day an employee of Renault, and they can use him to bake cookies if they see fit. It does not matter as along as they pay him.

It's never that simple. If it reads "driver" in your contract and the contract is for say 1 or 2 years then the driver can not be moved to bake cookies unless the driver accepts the change in his work description. Probably words like compensation would come up too. Kimi got a nice check from ferrari too. Why would ferrari pay kimi that if they could just make him bake cookies? And then get rid of him as the cookies are so bad (performance clause).

I'd imagine heidfeld's contract having these kind of situations defined very clearly. It looks like renault/boullier is not happy with him and is using the performance clause in the contract to try to get rid of him. Depending how the performance is defined in the contract is what matters.

It is kind of hard to see how renault could win that case on performance reasons. Petrov has one podium finish this year which he earned by just driving well so petrov's performance can not just be written off as non-relevant. Heidfeld has beaten him on this season and petrov has driven better than ever.

It is kind of amusing though if renault has indeed openly admitted that petrov sucks like one could read from the 2nd link:
http://joesaward.wordpress.com ... 8/25/heidfeld-goes-legal/
Renault is expected to argue that comparisons with Petrov are not relevant as Heidfeld was hired to replace Robert Kubica, who regularly outperformed Petrov and was expected to do the same this year

If renault has really said that then there is no question about why petrov is in F1. Money. He was never even expected to drive well. The only better type of driver for who is slow and inexpensive is a slow driver who brings money.
If Petrov is only at Renault for the money he brings to the team then it could even be possible he has no performance clause in his contract. It would of been very clever to do as then any other driver, in this case Heidfeld, could be taken on with a performance clause and then fired if he doesn't meet it even if Petrov does worse because Renault can't fire Petrov.

Heidfeld hasn't done as well as I thought he would but then again the Renault hasn't been as quick as expected either. Also I think Heidfield is a good development driver but I think they are only putting Senna in the car due to the sponsorship money he is bringing. Though flipside it will be interesting to see how Senna does in a car that isn't so slow he always comes at the back.
Senna already crashed the car in the tyre wall...
Quote from Greboth :If Petrov is only at Renault for the money he brings to the team then it could even be possible he has no performance clause in his contract. It would of been very clever to do as then any other driver, in this case Heidfeld, could be taken on with a performance clause and then fired if he doesn't meet it even if Petrov does worse because Renault can't fire Petrov.

Every driver in f1 has performance clause in his contract. I'd make a guess that petrov has more than just one though. Some have it written that they bring x amount of money or they are out. Some drivers may have a team performance clause in their contract which allows them to break the contract if the car is too slow and smelly.

And to put the performance clause into use is team's decision. It's not automatic. It's not about if you are contantly beaten by your team mate you are out. It's more like we may kick you out if you don't do well enough.

Petrov's performance clauses have nothing to do with this. It is comparison between team mates. Renault may have said that petrov is not good yardstick and was never expected to drive well so the performance clause in heidfeld's contract need to be looked differently because comparing heidfeld to petrov is like comparing alonso to some of their ex drivers baking cookies.

The problem for renault is that petrov has driven better this year than in last year. It's all about is petrov considered to be a reliable yardstick. If he is heidfeld wins. If he isn't renault wins. It's kind of funny situation for both parties though. Heidfeld may need to prove that petrov has driven well while renaults needs to prove he sucks
Very true, thinking about it some more I should of said if Petrov performance clause is to do more with the money than the racing (though I would suspect they would have something about that in there too incase he is really slow.) I was thinking along the lines of Heidfeld saying Petrov should of been kicked not him. Though I think it will be tough for Renault as I would think they either need to prove Heidfeld was taken on as a replacement for how well Kubica would do or, as you said, prove the Petrov is rubbish and so isn't comparible.
Seems simple to me.

Heidfeld is a replacement driver, Senna is the 3rd driver. As Kubica recovers, maybe the team have realised they need a long term (i.e. next season) replacement for Robert. Heidfeld was only intended to be the "experienced" driver for a while, as people hoped Kubica would be back earlier. They made the right decision, as Petrov/Senna would have been a foolish line up, but Petrov has proven he has the speed and the leadership required, so they can now afford to get Senna in.

Simple.
I have a feeling grosjean is more likely the long term replacement if kubica isn't okay for 2012, it's just this time Renault are going to let him win the gp2 title before potenially destroying he's career again, unfortunetly for senna for him to stop this we will have to provide some insane results which I hotly doubt will happen given the position he is put in.
Two separate drs sectors for monza:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94135

The main straight one is obviously an overkill. Once again taking all skill away from passing. Just press two buttons and choose your line on the 2 kilometer wide track. The one before ascari is good imho because at least there is very little passing there normally.

I would have just added one drs zone for monza though. The one into ascari sounds fine. Drs after ascari and going into parabolica might create some interesting drafting battles but going two wide into parabolica and getting it wrong might be a very big one too.

If fia keeps going into this direction we will soon have no pass zones and pass zones on the tracks...
Quote from Hyperactive :Once again taking all skill away from passing.

i think hamilton proved you wrong on that one yesterday
Quote from Shotglass :i think hamilton proved you wrong on that one yesterday

Nah. It was the perfect example of the total overkill nature of the drs there. The drs overtaking was so powerful that hamilton didn't even bother checking his mirrors if kobi was there anymore.
Quote from hyperactive :nah. It was the perfect example of the total overkill nature of the drs there. The drs overtaking was so powerful that hamilton didn't even bother checking his mirrors if kobi was there anymore.

idd
Quote from Hyperactive :Two separate drs sectors for monza:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94135

The main straight one is obviously an overkill. Once again taking all skill away from passing. Just press two buttons and choose your line on the 2 kilometer wide track. The one before ascari is good imho because at least there is very little passing there normally.

I would have just added one drs zone for monza though. The one into ascari sounds fine. Drs after ascari and going into parabolica might create some interesting drafting battles but going two wide into parabolica and getting it wrong might be a very big one too.

If fia keeps going into this direction we will soon have no pass zones and pass zones on the tracks...

Makes me think, How bloody fast will they be going on a flying lap as they enter turn 1?
well at spa

ferrari were bouncing off limiter at 318 as was mclaren 317 mercedes were bouncing rev limiter at 321 and redbull i never saw.

so monza would be pretty much same? or will they run even skinnier wings?
Usually then run really skinny wings, only Button didn't last year but that was because he had the F-Duct, should be abit faster than spa.
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Quote from Hyperactive :Nah. It was the perfect example of the total overkill nature of the drs there. The drs overtaking was so powerful that hamilton didn't even bother checking his mirrors if kobi was there anymore.

According to Kobi he wasn't using DRS, only KERS. His car was just a lot more trimmed out df-wise than the McLaren. The commentators had been noting all day (on Speed, at least) how slow the McLarens were in terms of top-end.

Anyway, I quite liked Shotty's joke.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :According to Kobi he wasn't using DRS, only KERS. His car was just a lot more trimmed out df-wise than the McLaren. The commentators had been noting all day (on Speed, at least) how slow the McLarens were in terms of top-end.

Anyway, I quite liked Shotty's joke.

Well then first of all shotty's joke doesn't work then. Second of all it also proves drs was overkill. If hamilton had used drs he would have not collided with kobi. Not even despite hamilton being black.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well then first of all shotty's joke doesn't work then. Second of all it also proves drs was overkill. If hamilton had used drs he would have not collided with kobi. Not even despite hamilton being black.

I agree
Quote from Hyperactive :Well then first of all shotty's joke doesn't work then. Second of all it also proves drs was overkill. If hamilton had used drs he would have not collided with kobi. Not even despite hamilton being black.

Hamilton was using DRS

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG