The online racing simulator
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Hamilton was using DRS

You know full well he meant, if Hamilton DIDN'T use DRS so stop trolling.
Quote from BlueFlame :You know full well he meant, if Hamilton DIDN'T use DRS so stop trolling.

I'm not you. I don't troll.

And I still don't think he did mean that.
Ok so.

I actually checked the replay. Hamilton did use drs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6fUXqhUXIg

My point was that jokingly the drs was so powerful that after using the drs to overtake koni hamilton felt he didn't need to even check whether kobi was still there. Why bother.

Meaning that drs took all skill away from passing because you could just press a button and forget the other guy.

Originally though I didn't check the replay to see if hamilton indeed was using drs. I just assumed he did. So then I misunderstoof dwb's comment and thought hamilton was not using drs. Which would make shotty's joke inoperative too.
Hamilton was using DRS, but even with it, he didn't have any more top speed than Kobayashi (though he got to top speed quicker, hence the pass). Nor did he have more top speed than the Mercedes cars.

Hamilton knew he didn't have great top speed. And he would have seen Kobayashi tucking i and pulling out - no opaque water spray here. So he has no excuse, and it was good to hear him admit that he was 100% at fault, just like he was in Canada.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton was using DRS, but even with it, he didn't have any more top speed than Kobayashi (though he got to top speed quicker, hence the pass). Nor did he have more top speed than the Mercedes cars.

Hamilton knew he didn't have great top speed. And he would have seen Kobayashi tucking i and pulling out - no opaque water spray here. So he has no excuse, and it was good to hear him admit that he was 100% at fault, just like he was in Canada.

Yea, its his fault, but it's a justified mistake, because DRS was involved, he didn't just shut the door on someone, eitherway, using the logic people used for the Maldonado incident at Monaco, the car who is infront can do whatever the **** they want, turn in on people or whatever and it's ok. So that logic means Hamilton didn't do anything wrong
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, its his fault, but it's a justified mistake, because DRS was involved, he didn't just shut the door on someone, eitherway, using the logic people used for the Maldonado incident at Monaco, the car who is infront can do whatever the **** they want, turn in on people or whatever and it's ok. So that logic means Hamilton didn't do anything wrong

You are seriously comparing these 2 incidents with each others claiming they are alike? Senna's first corner was way more like Maldonado incident than this one.

Hamilton was not clearly in front. Kobayashi braked earlier than Hamilton which is why Hamilton hits Koba's front tire with his rear one. They were practically side by side before the braking zone. Maldonado's ram in quali is quite like Hamilton's hit with Koba if you actually want to compare. The only difference is that Maldonado did it on purpose in a middle of a straight where Hamilton did it by accident in braking zone.

And no, Hamilton didn't shut the door from Kobayashi. The door was to his right and he tackled Kobayashi who was left of him so that means he completely prevented Kobayashi to get even near the door which made it useless to shut the door when Kobayashi was in no shape to get there.
Quote from Juzaa :You are seriously comparing these 2 incidents with each others claiming they are alike? Senna's first corner was way more like Maldonado incident than this one.

Hamilton was not clearly in front. Kobayashi braked earlier than Hamilton which is why Hamilton hits Koba's front tire with his rear one. They were practically side by side before the braking zone. Maldonado's ram in quali is quite like Hamilton's hit with Koba if you actually want to compare. The only difference is that Maldonado did it on purpose in a middle of a straight where Hamilton did it by accident in braking zone.

And no, Hamilton didn't shut the door from Kobayashi. The door was to his right and he tackled Kobayashi who was left of him so that means he completely prevented Kobayashi to get even near the door which made it useless to shut the door when Kobayashi was in no shape to get there.

I'm not gonna justify this bitterness with a response. Good day sir.
Quote from Juzaa :You are seriously comparing these 2 incidents with each others claiming they are alike? Senna's first corner was way more like Maldonado incident than this one.

Maldonados incident is more like The overtake Hamilton did on Schumacher through there earlier in the race only that time there wasn't a blind Venezuelan who thinks he owns the road taking himself out of the race by just taking the apex, thinking hamilton can somehow cease to exist before entering the corner.

I know you don't like the idea of not blaming Hamilton for everything wrong in your life but to be honest, the incident was Pretty much the same in every way to the Hamilton/Button incident at Canada, infact Kobayashi was in the same position as Hamilton(in Canada) was when the incident occured, only this time the instigator was the one who got the damage.
Quote from Mustafur :Maldonados incident is more like The overtake Hamilton did on Schumacher through there earlier in the race only that time there wasn't a blind Venezuelan who thinks he owns the road taking himself out of the race by just taking the apex, thinking hamilton can somehow cease to exist before entering the corner.

I know you don't like the idea of not blaming Hamilton for everything wrong in your life but to be honest, the incident was Pretty much the same in every way to the Hamilton/Button incident at Canada, infact Kobayashi was in the same position as Hamilton(in Canada) was when the incident occured, only this time the instigator was the one who got the damage.

How was it the same? You are not proving anything by saying something is so. Just saying something doesn't make it true. I could say that Schumacher Villenuve -97 was just like Hamilton Kobayashi but does it make it true?

BTW. even Coulthard thinks Vettel's victories and outperforming everyone isn't as much about the car as you think. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/spo ... -ever-in-Formula-One.html
someone clearly can't be this blind without the aid of being dropped on the head.
Quote from Juzaa :How was it the same? You are not proving anything by saying something is so. Just saying something doesn't make it true. I could say that Schumacher Villenuve -97 was just like Hamilton Kobayashi but does it make it true?

BTW. even Coulthard thinks Vettel's victories and outperforming everyone isn't as much about the car as you think. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/spo ... -ever-in-Formula-One.html

Seriously Juzaa, the incident is almost a carbon copy of Canada. Give it the **** up.

Seriously, don't post here in relation to ANYTHING Hamilton does, cos your bitterness shows through so blatently.
What would he be bitter about?
Quote from BlueFlame :... your bitterness shows through so blatently.

Actually it's not bitterness but patience for your ignorance, in hope you hamilton fanbois will see some light at the end of your cave.

Hamilton screws up almost regulary and you're the one who is so bitterly sad about.
That's why i said almost

He surely is fast and probably the only one who could challenge vettel.
Maybe,... I just hope they drive the same car as soon as possible as this would obviously be the best comparision.

Everything else is just speculation; depending on so many variables
I'm not a Hamilton fan boy, that shows that anyone who disagrees with your blatent slagging off of Hamilton you call them a fan boy.
Quote from BlueFlame :Seriously Juzaa, the incident is almost a carbon copy of Canada. Give it the **** up.

Seriously, don't post here in relation to ANYTHING Hamilton does, cos your bitterness shows through so blatently.

Are you for real ?? Seriously.

Cause if you are I'm ready to give some of my time to save you. We will do this by PM or MSN. I will show you step by step how they are so different and how Hamilton is at fault in both of them. We will use video evidence and quite simple logic. One step at a time, we can do this in less than half an hour. You could call it back-to-reality program. A fresh start for you. Let me know.
since when does someone have right to the road when someone occupies that space?

Hamilton went down the inside button turned into him, yes that was the racing line but regardless he still turned into Hamilton who occupied the space he turned into before button went there and hit him.

and regardless why are your trying to bring back Canada, the stewards clearly made there impression that Hamilton is the cause for all incidents regardless if he is at actual fault, so forget about it.
But Button didn't turn. How do you turn in on someone without turning. And the inside is the right hand side because of the right hand kink.
Quote from tristancliffe :But Button didn't turn. How do you turn in on someone without turning. And the inside is the right hand side because of the right hand kink.

was it bad wheel alignment then?
Quote from JazzOn :that move by button you see there is happening while hamilton is exactly behind him; he simply goes on the racingline.

why hamilton goes then to the outside isn't explainable... or can you?

You saying they all jink across every time? A straight line is the normal line.
I remember commenting on that "jink" at the time, but it's obviously not something you can prove. To me it looked like an "oh no you don't" defence, but clearly there was still room, since the were side by side by the end of the pit wall. The only defence Button has is the reduced visibility, but tbh I believe he saw him coming but mis judged just how much more quickly Hamilton got out of the chicane and thought he could close him off. Too late, though.
Quote from sinbad :To me it looked like an "oh no you don't" defence, but clearly there was still room, since the were side by side by the end of the pit wall.

If this jink means anything, it probably was indeed intended as a signal to not overtake on the left and he was probably expecting Hamilton to come then on the inside.
Room was there (naturally), and knowing Ham, he probably should have expected the pass on the outside in favour for left-hand corner, but saying Button turned into him is bollocks, imo. It was a racing accident.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG