The online racing simulator
More for passenger
(67 posts, started )

Poll : Want kid passengers and more for passengers in LFS?

No, please post reason.
Yes.
Quote from Cornys :more weight only will ever make you slower

Wrong. Though it is rarely the best possible solution, a bit of ballast either on front or on rear can be an option to get the handling of the car closer to your driving style, and therefore help you to be more comfortable with the car, and be slightly faster with it.

But of course we're talking about a few kilograms, not a 60 kg passenger. The "sometimes, racing setups need passengers to help cornering" argument is nonsence.
Quote from 'GreyBull [CHA :The "sometimes, racing setups need passengers to help cornering" argument is nonsence.

Think again: "the sometimes loads of passagers gives better traction & weight balance."

Like this:

...ehm ? well..you're right, it's non-sense....
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Think again: "the sometimes loads of passagers gives better traction & weight balance."

Like this:

Doesn't beat... this:

Quote from xXCRASH3RXx :I tried the two passenger racing setup, looks like I was wrong, but you know what I mean. Some sets need it, and i'm not trying to impress anyone with my 1:37 time on blackwood, I don't have the time to make a better time.

There is no sets that require an extra passenger to be faster.
Quote from racer autov8 :More use for passengers: Childs/kids too...
Passengers can get via insim to car.
Of course, kids not are so heavy than womens and mans...
:P what you think?

WHAT THE ****?

Are you on crack?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Doesn't beat... this:

...Holy s...! Agreed, you prolly won .

edit: is that the 15 people one?
Quote from racer autov8 :More use for passengers: Childs/kids too...
Passengers can get via insim to car.
Of course, kids not are so heavy than womens and mans...
:P what you think?

I know I'm probably not gonna get any answer, but since you ask people opposed to this idea to post their reasons, can you post yours? I really wonder how could kids in a racing car bring anything useful to the game - unless of course you have some crazy cruise "Get my kids to school" kind of missions in mind. In that case might I remind you that cruise mode is a 100% fan-made addon based on hundred and one hacks which already received much more devs' attention that it should have?
lmfao
Quote from FPVaaron :There is no sets that require an extra passenger to be faster.

Your thinking of speed, as everyone knows, speed isn't everything, you need handling too.
Quote from xXCRASH3RXx :Your thinking of speed, as everyone knows, speed isn't everything, you need handling too.

And how exactly does 80+ kgs of moveable mass places above CoG helps the handling?
Quote from MadCatX :And how exactly does 80+ kgs of moveable mass places above CoG helps the handling?

The added passenger [to the front] would add weight as a sort of handicap to handle the car better with the slowed speed and remove understeer/oversteer with left and right turns by balancing the weight in the front. This leaves the back of the car lighter though, but if the track has turns where you can accelerate early during them, the setup with passengers would be good because the weight would transfer to the back of the car when you hit the gas. For tracks with late acceleration on most turns, a passenger in back could be used but probably wouldn't be needed [no passengers would be better for turns like these]. Since the weight is already nearly even, acceleration wouldn't be needed to go through a turn like this smoothly.

It's weight transfer that is effected.
[source]
[source2]

I don't see any other point for passengers.
Quote from xXCRASH3RXx :The added passenger [to the front] would add weight as a sort of handicap to handle the car better with the slowed speed and remove understeer/oversteer with left and right turns by balancing the weight in the front. This leaves the back of the car lighter though, but if the track has turns where you can accelerate early during them, the setup with passengers would be good because the weight would transfer to the back of the car when you hit the gas. For tracks with late acceleration on most turns, a passenger in back could be used but probably wouldn't be needed [no passengers would be better for turns like these]. Since the weight is already nearly even, acceleration wouldn't be needed to go through a turn like this smoothly.

It's weight transfer that is effected.
[source]
[source2]

I don't see any other point for passengers.

Quote from xXCRASH3RXx :Your thinking of speed, as everyone knows, speed isn't everything, you need handling too.

What the hell do your sources have to do with passengers?

And no I'm not thinking about speed top speed. I am talking about LAP TIMES. I guarantee that you cannot show me a setup that is faster with an extra passenger with any car on any track. You can practice all day and night for a month with your extra passenger theory.
I will beat what ever laptime you get within 24 hours.

Your theory is erroneous. Your sources are irrelevant to your statement, which is written with the logic of a 14 year old.
Quote from FPVaaron :
Your theory is erroneous. Your sources are irrelevant to your statement, which is written with the logic of a 14 year old.

Funny you say that, because I am 14. Great insult, cause i'm offended.

Anyways, your right on lap times, it still helps for handling sometimes. The bold is the answer to this whole passenger talk between us.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Considering his age, I genuinely hope he isn't.

Well Yann, you don't saw new gen childs, everything earlier than us...
Quote from Kova. :Well Yann, you don't saw new gen childs, everything earlier than us...

Well I hope he doesn't saw them :P
#43 - BMB
I think we need onboard navigation + parking asistance too
Dogs! You can put them in the back of cars and they move about much more... Different breeds could have different masses and move speeds: Terrier - Light but fast, Mastiff - Heavy but slower.
I want horse trailers and horses inside them
Quote from BMB :I think we need onboard navigation + parking asistance too

...Don't forget the cup holder(s), agreed for some GPS (no more chances to get lost on a track), and disco ball at ceiling...
...Sorry it's sunday and I maybe drank too much red tea...

Btw, who bet this topic will end locked?
Quote from Cameltoe :I want horse trailers and horses inside them

Live For Speed isn't a horse game
Quote from racer autov8 :Live For Speed isn't a horse game

it aint a "drive-your-childern-to-school-game" ether..

More for passenger
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG