The online racing simulator
Junior Fox Season 2: Round 1 Discussion
well... discuss here
1. As a driver is it that hard not to chat when an admin asks you to?
2. is it that hard NOT to be impetient into turn 1 and let things sort out?
3. ironfist incoming
4. Get rid of some of the finns who cannot drive
Thanks 18 (Sopa) to completly dive bomb a turn :|
Quote from Mustangman759 :Lap 1 wrecks will be investigated. Penalties will be harsh

If every contact will be penalized,you will have to penalize yourself too!
In first few laps I was hit more often than in average demo server. Everyone was uncareful and impatient around,felt like in some junior league... Ehrmm,oh,right,it is one...

But the rest was quite lonely,had more fun laughing about given chat penalties,than driving - since I miscalculated fuel (and Aonio isn't any help in open configs),after 5 laps I had fuel for 11.9 laps instead of 13,so eco-race all the way...
we will be banning multiple users. stay tuned...
can't understand what was wrong with couple of finns there. acting like 11 year olds (oops, they almost are.. "96-97"), and why cannot people brake into the first corner with their own brakes hope the next round will be more "calm" racing, when you ban some of them.
but... since I get crashed at turn 1 there was unbelievably nice to race again other racers who can drive, like R.Pinto and others...
but I feel ashamed by the other finns...
I will if needed, contacts by people rushing in and being impatient mainly...
Internet problems
This was... Ehm... Interesting...

Guess this is why you do testraces...
-
(K.Räikkönen 1) DELETED by K.Räikkönen 1
Quote from wildstyle :This was... Ehm... Interesting...

Guess this is why you do testraces...

there was no need to because we ran this series last year with some of the same drivers. But yea should have just to weed some of the bad drivers out
@stig209 i cant agree more
any comments or suggestions please do. although not much i can do when its supposed to be a simple drive and go race. and do not rejoin if u dnf thing...
-
Quote from Mustangman759 :there was no need to because we ran this series last year with some of the same drivers. But yea should have just to weed some of the bad drivers out

I understand where you're coming from - but I think it's a necessity, especially when you've got new drivers, who's never been in a serious racing event before (that's atleast what it looks like). This would be a good way to "weed out" all of the un-qualified drivers aswell - before the actual race.
The most serious case of the finns who can't drive is definitely "FL4SH-". He clearly tried to take out every single car that was close to him (punted me off twice and absolutely ruined my race), on the final laps he took out #15 and scattered tyres into the track (caught me out again).

All I have to say about this is that this league definitely needs discipline, because people chatting when repeatedly told not to, taking each other out, having no disregard for other people's races and problems and then [letting everyone know you're] swearing and insulting them is just plain unacceptable, specially on a league that had no problems like these during last season.
Surely it can't be that hard to stay quiet when the general rule is NO CHATTING during a race, and sure as hell it isn't that hard to say your thoughts AFTER the race, when you can chat. Just saying.

Just because dekojester, PMD8409 etc. aren't admining this league doesn't mean that people can let all hell break loose during an event and break all the rules they want.
Quote from K.Räikkönen 1 :Sorry about that i rejoined race while race. I didnt know that rule!

In almost every league, you cannot rejoin after spectating a race. Fair enough tho, seeing as this is your first online LFS League race.
Quote from Senninha25 :The most serious case of the finns who can't drive is definitely "FL4SH-". He clearly tried to take out every single car that was close to him (punted me off twice and absolutely ruined my race), on the final laps he took out #15 and scattered tyres into the track (caught me out again).

yes, don't know what the hell he was thinking when i tried to lap him. but probably the reason is, that fl4ash- and kovalainen97 are quite victorious drivers in our own finnish races and now they aren't any better than us. so losing mind-control or what?
thank god they're banned...
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
-
It was laughable this first race. However I didn't practise at all, and was über slow, so I got not much to complain.

I had a good start, but in first corner got caught by others their madness, and accidental reversed by slowing down to much. And dropped back a lot.

Around lap 8 I flipped it by going in a corner to fast, my race over.

I must say a lot of people where behaving really bad. Is it really needed to ruin leagues like this?

And what mister James War(Peace) did was totally unforgivable.
Does anyone have the MPR? If so, please upload it.
What did James Peace do? I was too busy trying to stay on the road and ignore the banning sesh that was going on...

I can always cope with noobs so that isn't a problem for me ((FM) FOX Junkies trained you see :razz, but the lag needs sorting out by the next race, I ended up making contact with a ghost of J.Peace at the start and take out my team-mate too! :/

MPR is too large to upload
Quote from JPeace :

Don't be racist, its not just the Finns, I would say the Americans are just as bad, as well as any other country.

Still all the chat and most of the wrecks were caused by finns
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by Mustangman759
Is it mandatory to leave your brains at the server entry screen? Incompetence by most if not all it seems from a quick look at the replay.
HAHAHA Epic race! I just watched whole 45minutes of this chaos... Actually it is cool that i did not entered the race, altough I was going to attempt but internet problems denied my access... However, when I just did look the race, I would had got only one point anyway

Looking for R2
-
I had internet problems like UM21.

Can someone unban me, i'll be back in the next race!
And i think the reason of the crazy race is the layout. Too narrow track for 26 gassers.

And maybe second reason is a pitstop rule, there isnt mandatory pitstop, i think maybe it have to set to mandatory pitstop----> Now we can use R1 tyres, not R2, which heats very slowly
Quote from Speed Senna :And i think the reason of the crazy race is the layout. Too narrow track for 26 gassers.

And maybe second reason is a pitstop rule, there isnt mandatory pitstop, i think maybe it have to set to mandatory pitstop----> Now we can use R1 tyres, not R2, which heats very slowly

R1s are softer compound than R2 and therefore heat less. Pitting isnt needed and no one would take any tires or fuel if we required it. they would just stop and go.
Edit: unbanned you but please read rules.
Ok thank you! Sorry a lot for the joining and i wasnt sure that rule in the start.

I checked the replay and it was... an unfair race from a few drivers.

Anyway, I want grant a fair play trophy to #23 Ditlev Errebo!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG