The online racing simulator
Dirt 3
(105 posts, started )
Where did that rain go? Heated Front Window?
Wiash there was a way to only have the rock music play in the replays.
I just drove my first trailblazer in one of those 800 hp 900 kg cars. I am in love :lovies3d:
I know. So, so very fun. You got to try one of the long Michigan stages with it. The last sector through the forest is immense. Just hugging/brushing the trees.
i haz this on pc... its more fun then lfs ( by which i mean, your ment to crash in rally cross to win thanks to the noobie ai ) but its just as un-realisitic too...

not bothered with it at all unless a super fun overhaul mod comes out.
Im wondering something where the **** are the delta S4 and the peugot 205 group b cars that were shown in promo footage?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Im wondering something where the **** are the delta S4 and the peugot 205 group b cars that were shown in promo footage?

I'm sure they'll release those as DLC.
Well its kind of stupid to put them in a pre release trailer ...
It helps the sale numbers
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Testing out the youtube feature of dirt.
Dirt 3 smelter action

It is a good game and I enjoy playing it but watching videos of it doesn't half make it feel more of an Arcade game than it is. I'm not saying it's a sim but it's not too bad to be honest., but videos make it look like ridge racer.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

It is a good game and I enjoy playing it but watching videos of it doesn't half make it feel more of an Arcade game than it is. I'm not saying it's a sim but it's not too bad to be honest., but videos make it look like ridge racer.

It's Ridge Racer. RIIIIDGE RACERRR!
I got tricked into buying Dirt. Really I should have known what I was getting into.
Sorry to bump an old thread, and I know there's lots of haters out there, but I love this game and I've spent a couple of days making a new video of it. Basically it's a slow motion video showing the more beautiful side of the game, something which is overlooked when you barrel along a course at 125mph.

Here is a quick preview, the full video is nearly 7 minutes long and it should be uploaded by the end of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ature=channel_video_title
#98 - JJ72
My verdict of the game is it is spread too thin with too many disciplines, just as you get into one type of racing for a mere 5 mins you get throw into something else, everything seems so trivial.

And the rally stages are too wide! you get a few decent challenge corners per stage and the rest is not much of a challenge, except finding out how much to cut.

I enjoyed the truck and buggy the most, and rallycrossing, the rest were done before and done much better.
After being playing for a long time my points are:

- Amazing graphics
- Great performance, seems that they've done a great optimization job
- Extremelly easy until level 5. Level 6 usually requires a perfect race, but even with keyboard you can manage it.
- Very well playable with keyboard even without driving aids (Don't like to use my G25 with arcadish games)
- Some people (including me) are having troubles with loading times, and is not a computer spec related. With 8Gb of ram and a SSD it takes around a full minute to load every single race. Keeping in mind races are extremelly short, this bug is very annoying since the gameplay is being interrupted so often.
- It's a good thing that you can skip the gymkana races and still go on in the career mode, since I don't give a f*ck about them
- Your mechanics and managers speak too much, and they just say bullshit. Better to turn their volume off.
- Damage visuals are so so. Glasses break, parts fall and hang around, wheels break... but there is not body deformation at all
- Sound is great, not only engines in general but also environmental sound.
- Land Rush races are boring as hell. Cars are slow and engines sound like shit (both buggies and trucks)
- Setups really affect to handling, and they're quite simple, which is good for this kind of games.
- Sometimes is annoying that there's one rival who is way faster than the others, so unless you win every single event, you won't socore higher than him.
- There are few locations, kinda dissappointed with this.

Dirt 3
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG