The online racing simulator
Dirt 3
(105 posts, started )
Dirt 3
Well the new one is coming out in 2011 and it is going to be awsome from the look of it. New features include gymkhana which can be played as a party mode (multiple people doing gymkhana at once)

(this thread is to save the dirt 2 thread btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

did we really need a new thread? there was a nice discussion going on about it on dirt 2's thread...
Quote from el pibe :did we really need a new thread? there was a nice discussion going on about it on dirt 2's thread...

exactly dirt 2's thread. This is dirt 3 whole new game so it deserves it's own thread.
not really. its gonna be sh!t.

yeah, go ahead, flame me now.
This thread is off to a great start.
No. I'ts definatly gona be shit.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :oh boo hoo hoo !

It's not a simulator! Oh deary me!

Grow up, seriously. If you want a rally sim play RBR, that's already out.

Good God, what actually goes through some of your heads when you post?

qft
Haters gonna hate.

Just because it is not a Simulator, doesn't mean it's gonna flop. How can you tell a game is going to be crap when you haven't tried it? Morons.
Quote from Luke.S :This is dirt 3 whole new game so it deserves it's own thread.

NO !
No it dosen't deserves it's own thread over here, becose it has nothing to do with Colin McRae, really. It is a time to change name to Ken Block's Dirt imo. But yes, can't compare CMR and Ken Block, one is a legend and another one, who is that another dirtbag ?
I look forward to Dirt 3. I don't look forward to lowering settings... And I hope it won't become something totally different than it is now.
More like Ken Block Dirt than McRae(R.I.P.) rally sim....
i agree, this has nothing to do with CM anymore, it should be named ken-cocks-crappy-rally-game 3

Even as arcade, DiRT is horrid.
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :More like Ken Block Dirt than McRae(R.I.P.) rally sim....

Who, on earth, ever mentioned that DiRT is a sim?!
@ DevilDare

hey mate....can you get the (.) point here? I don't care for the sim or funny cats.... read again and nikopdr answer...
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :@ DevilDare

hey mate....can you get the (.) point here? I don't care for the sim or funny cats.... read again and nikopdr answer...

OK then.

Tell me when any of CM previous games were "sims".
Well, CMR 2.0 was kind of simulator in his era(2000)...
Edit1 :
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest : I don't care for the sim or funny cats....

LOOOL, epic one
Edit2 : okey, it was most realistic rally game till RBR...
Quote from TypeRacing :Well, CMR 2.0 was kind of simulator in his era(2000)...

Barely. Viper bloody racing was more realistic...

And if we go by "kind of", then DiRT is also "kind of" a sim.

Dont see whats all the hate for really. It appears that any game that is not a sim gets nailed to the "Crap" board even before its released. And you know whats funny? They dont bloody try to be sims in most cases.

I would kind of understand if it said "Rally sim" and turned out to be utter crap, but it doesnt! Its purpose - Fun. So whats wrong with that?

I for one will probably play the heck out of it. Mostly for the crashes, but still, I will have fun.
Why r u investigate the Sim crime?:detective

Edit:
P.S. ALLLLLL r just pc games good or better simis or arcades but in the end is a tiny silikon bug that gives you the fake (still) reality...
Well If its anything , at least the Graphics looks awesome.
Well you really have to ask the question.
Us as gamers add the Colin McRae on as we are used to it. Dirt the original had Colin McRae but Dirt 2 had the adopted McRae part as is the same for Dirt 3.

Look at the game list i can see Colin McRae on it except for Dirt
http://au.search.ign.com/product?query=Dirt+3
looks worse then the first two combined.
Quote from theirishnoob :looks worse then the first two combined.

And your basing that on a Trailer which is a render, and Images that are renders.

Well done, Idiot...
Why must it allways end up in flamewar, each time games like NFS, CM etc etc comes out in new versions? I am very well aware that both games mentioned above have moved seriously away from their first concept, but that does not mean the game itself _HAVE_ to suck

There are tons of good arcade games, and SIM is not the only thing that can be a lot of fun. Try games like Trackmania for example, it's completely rubbish when it comes to the physics, but the gameplay, mulitplayer features and other goodies makes this game a blast!

So if we are going to flame anyone, flame Eric for not giving me the god damn
RALLYPACK!
Quote from DevilDare :...but still, I will have fun.

Isn't that the point of gaming? To just have FUN. You don't have to always win, it doesn't have to be super dooper realistic, it just need to be good enough for you to have FUN. And if you thing you won't have fun playing Dirt 3 (I will, that's for sure), then GET THE **** OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!

Quote from The Very End :So if we are going to flame anyone, flame Eric for not giving me the god damn
RALLYPACK!

I knew it as soon as I saw the thread... lol
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
They don't care. They think just cause it won't be uber realistic it will be shit. I bet there will be another CMR tribute video in this game. Hell they even have his car.

Dirt 3
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG