The online racing simulator
Quote from E.Reiljans :Would you rather watch a hour and a half long video?

:P

i'd rather have no video at all. at that speed, the viewer sees nothing. so because of that, the video has absolutely no point at all. highlights are better than high-speed.
Quote from dadge :i'd rather have no video at all. at that speed, the viewer sees nothing.

"The viewer" or you?
I have seen everything that I wanted.
might take a vid of my (pretty) short drive to work tomorrow
Quote from hrtburnout :

It's common for cyclists to ring their bell to pass someone, and the slower cyclists have to move to the side immediately. This should be instinctive and most people who aren't too stupid to breathe do this very well.

Then were I live people have no common sense whatsoever.
All they do here when you ring your bell is wobble about a bit and nearly fall.
After that they leave a gap which is to small to actually pass them, this is very common with young high school kids and elderly people.
So I need to ring like 20 before they finally leave a gap wide enough for me to pass.
Gogogogogogogoooo through the grass, that's what i did when i drove a scooter.
Quote from G!NhO :Gogogogogogogoooo through the grass, that's what i did when i drove a scooter.

Did that once resulted in a nice jump scared the bastards so much they made a pile up.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Then were I live people have no common sense whatsoever.
All they do here when you ring your bell is wobble about a bit and nearly fall.
After that they leave a gap which is to small to actually pass them, this is very common with young high school kids and elderly people.
So I need to ring like 20 before they finally leave a gap wide enough for me to pass.

The most irritating thing cyclists do to me (when I'm cycling too) is ride past me at a red light and sit in front of me, Then ride off at less than walking speed. I am forced to piss about overtaking them (either that or ride behind them at 0.0001mph) and when I am caught by the next set of lights, they do it again. And again.
I am launching as fast as possible when cycling, because i've suffered from this too.
Quote from Crashgate3 :The most irritating thing cyclists do to me (when I'm cycling too) is ride past me at a red light and sit in front of me, Then ride off at less than walking speed. I am forced to piss about overtaking them (either that or ride behind them at 0.0001mph) and when I am caught by the next set of lights, they do it again. And again.

hits me every day at work.
since i drive a small truck (3.5 ton) its even harder to overtake than with a car.
but...i simply clear it that way...i almost scratch the curb when i stand at the redlight...that way they have to use left...which most of them dont dare to do
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :hits me every day at work.
since i drive a small truck (3.5 ton) its even harder to overtake than with a car.
but...i simply clear it that way...i almost scratch the curb when i stand at the redlight...that way they have to use left...which most of them dont dare to do

That sucks, especially if you ride at much higher speeds than cars do at stoplights. Of course everybody keeps doing that, so when i'm cycling to work, i ride in the middle of the road (gotta record that someday) .
Quote :The most irritating thing cyclists do to me (when I'm cycling too) is ride past me at a red light and sit in front of me, Then ride off at less than walking speed. I am forced to piss about overtaking them (either that or ride behind them at 0.0001mph) and when I am caught by the next set of lights, they do it again. And again.

You're not positioning near enough to the kerb at the lights, mate. Think I've pissed off half of Chelmsford's cycling community by doing this (positioning left) over the last 3 years...
Quote from E.Reiljans :"The viewer" or you?
I have seen everything that I wanted.

how selfish of me. lets look at everything YOU want to see. considering that i viewed the video, that would make me the "viewer". your question makes no sense.
My way to work, after commuting 2x80=160km a day for over a year...

http://youtu.be/7vVO5mLX4pY (keychain cam)

Now I challenge you guys for the shortest and most beautiful way to work...
Quote from rediske :

what about this photographer...

Quote from dadge :what about this photographer...

Yikes! ok, I should have been more careful with the translation... You win!
Quote from rediske :My way to work, after commuting 2x80=160km a day for over a year...

http://youtu.be/7vVO5mLX4pY (keychain cam)

my way is just as short (about 3 km) but not as nice
btw what city is that?
Quote from rediske :Yikes! ok, I should have been more careful with the translation... You win!

your translation was fine. i just saw a bit of a joke to be had.
Quote from TiJay :You're not positioning near enough to the kerb at the lights, mate. Think I've pissed off half of Chelmsford's cycling community by doing this (positioning left) over the last 3 years...

I was told this when I did defensive driving (requirement of fleet driving). Position your vehicle in a way that prevents cyclists from undertaking you as it keeps them out of your blind spot. For sure it might piss them off, but that way they can't bitch when you turn on them because the ****er was hiding.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :my way is just as short (about 3 km) but not as nice
btw what city is that?

Duisburg! (the city all the world knows since last year )

And my way to work is exactly 1km (700m air line distance)

Quote from dadge :your translation was fine. i just saw a bit of a joke to be had.

and your joke was appropriate!
Quote from TiJay :You're not positioning near enough to the kerb at the lights, mate. Think I've pissed off half of Chelmsford's cycling community by doing this (positioning left) over the last 3 years...

No, this is with me on a bike too. They ride round the outside of me.

Personally, I'm not irritated in the slightest if a car is close to the kerb and stops me undertaking - in fact it's funny if the fact that it makes me stop pisses off the guy on the bike behind me who will do absolutely *anything* to get 0.000001m closer to the line.

I've had someone ride up and try to say 'can I just squeeze through there?' as he tried to push through the literally 30cm gap between me and the car next to me, and was rewarded with 'no, you can wait your ****ing turn like everybody else.'
EDIT - Apparently people took this a little more personally than I thought.
Jakq, you're what the Irish would call a ropey driver. you drive like there's a tree with your name on it, and you're currently looking for it.
it doesn't matter if you know the roads. you don't know the other drivers on it so the risks are still there. i can only hope you made those ropey passes with no passengers.

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG