The online racing simulator
photoshopcs2 skinning issues
im having problems with photoshop , i have 2 images loaded , one with plenty of decals and sponsor stickers then other my default car

problem is it wont let copy direct from one pic to the other :banghead:

anyone fix this simple problem , because afterall its kinda retarded now allowing you to do that without getting all technical...
#2 - Jakg
Right Clikc on the layer>Duplicate Layer>To the other image?
try and it refuse's with several errors
Select the object, copy it, then paste it on the new skin? Make sure you have the right layer layer selected.

What are the error messages? That will make it a lot easier for us to help you with your problem.
it sis comming up "not an accessable path when i try to copy things thn i get a "no pixels selected " when im using the magic wand :S
no pixels seleced sound like you are on the wrong layer.
Other error i don't know.
Ok, hope this helps.

1.- Open your default skin.

2.- Open your decals/sponsors.

3.- Select what decal/sponsor you want using the Rectangular Marquee Tool (Press M).

4.- Copy selection.(Press Ctrl+C)

5.- Click 'Window' between View and Help at the top of screen, then at the end of the list you will see - 1 DEFAULT.jpg(Skin), 2 (Your decal image). Select the Default.jpg(Skin).

6.- Then Paste. (Press Ctrl+V)

If that doesn't work just give me a shout.
"Not accessable path" Are you trying to copy from a vector image? Paths are photoshop's vectors (when not talking about file path, that is where the file lies on your hard drive)

You might be trying to copy part of a path and not an actual image. Try a google search using the error message as your search criteria and you should be able to find some help.

Also, if you have FRAPS, trying recording your movements and uploading the file here. Make sure your layer palette is open if you do this so we can better see the situation.

As Greboth has said, the no pixels selected error is most likely that you are trying to select something on another layer. Make sure you are on the correct layer when copying.
what i was doing is copying decals to the default skin but when i used the magic wand ( like everyone else ) it was giving me more errors then windows 95

ill try with again when i reinstall it if all else fails its back to windows paint
Make sure you are on the right layer before you decide 'it's not working.'
Sounds like you might be on the paths tab and not the layers tab. I'd try and duplicate it, but its way past my bed time.
its ok i reinstalled windows and everything works grand now , thanks for the help guys
Quote from theirishnoob :its ok i reinstalled windows and everything works grand now , thanks for the help guys

You reinstalled the whole of windows just to fix a error in photoshop ? lol!
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Says the guy who bumped an almost 4 year old thread with a "lol!"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG