The online racing simulator
More cars on track??
(37 posts, started )
More cars on track??
I know it may seem a silly idea as its Cruise related but with the new open config on tacks and the high numbers we having on cruise servers are there any ideas of allowing more cars on track then 32?? Be nice to have few more slots available instead of having to boot up more servers. Currently have 80+ connection between our 2 LTC servers plus couple other cruise teams with a good 25 - 30 connections with WKD and TC and not all can cruise/drive. I know it is a racing game but the cruise is getting hugely popular and the latest things added really are brilliant in helping the cruise seen so a big thank you for those. As the forum section says its only a suggestion don't want to start riots and flaming

[LTC] Gaz
#2 - vL...
I also would like to see this happen
+1, And it just won't be cruise related as the Race servers are going to have more pits aswell, wich means more cars in the race!
+1
#5 - CSU1
even though this has benn suggested umpteen times before;

I don't see why the 'larger' hosts could not allow this (with strict rules on high ping clients of course)...
not to mention it would be great for 24hour enduros
+1 also, its a great idea and I'd love to see it happen!
+1
I think the sever should set the limit not the game
btw this is my first post on the lfs forum in 3 years
It wasn't so long ago that the limit was 20. I think the 32 limit came through a string of gradual optimisations and I doubt Scawen would want to increase it if it had the potential to make the sim look bad.

Plus he would have to make the grids bigger on all the existing tracks, which could cause issues, and might mean some servers can only run a few high-capacity configs. And we all know how server admins hate to run the same config every day for their entire lives...
64 car grid on south city?
The problem would come from pits as pitplaces should be improved to increase more pitboxes
In my humble opinion, for cruise maps, the limit could be removed entirely and every pit could have a sensor detecting if there is a car in pit... if there is none, new player can be spawned there.

P.S. once it happened that I came into garage and 5 seconds later, another player spawned inside me and sent me to moon(*quote Scawen in my signature*)
I like the idea, up to 64 cars sounds fun What about making a system where two cars shares one place in pit? In that way there would not be any need for more pit space, and it could make an interesting change in pit stop strategy.
Quote from The Very End :I like the idea, up to 64 cars sounds fun What about making a system where two cars shares one place in pit? In that way there would not be any need for more pit space, and it could make an interesting change in pit stop strategy.

This can be done by InSim.
This is a good idea and i really wish it will be done.
yeah, +1 as long as its not South city..
Small tracks ( S.C / BL / KY1) Max 32 cars
Mediun Tracks ( Some AS config's / Westhill / KY 2) max 48 cars
long tracks ( Some AS conf / KY 3 ) max 64 cars
Open config ( Long tracks IE:Ky2+Ky3 ) max 64 cars
Open config + Cruise server is Up to the host to limit the car's

But i highly doubt the actual capacity of 32 cars will go higher...
Scene
+1

I can't see this happening at this exact moment in time as there aren't enough pit garages on most tracks right now,

BUT...

When rockingham is here etc, i think there might be a possibility that on rockingham as there will be alot more pit garages, that the 32 car limit is raised up a bit for rockingham configurations.

I hope..
1+
+1, I would love this, better for Cruise Servers with open config
*bump*

+1
Quote from Thijs-boy :+1, I would love this, better for Cruise Servers with open config

It would be also interesting to see how players will act in traffic jam
Quote from Bigbob1993 :It would be also interesting to see how players will act in traffic jam

awfully, do /pit_all on a full cruise server, and watch the insanity

More cars on track??
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG