The online racing simulator
More cars on track??
(37 posts, started )
The chat log will be full of people complaning about losing their bonus.

I like the idea of more cars on the track, but 48 cars on South City is overkill!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :The chat log will be full of people complaning about losing their bonus.

I like the idea of more cars on the track, but 48 cars on South City Open Config is overkill!

Edited. Imagine FPS in that
i'm no expert. but what about the network overhead?
How do these net-tv-stations deal with the problem of multiple (1000+) clients on different positions in one "known" stream of data?
Now think about collision management, of 64 or more concurrent "moving" clients and the max number of stationary Layout-objects.
To bring an old thread back, with an very nice suggestion.

+1 on this. I've wanted this for long, and i hope Scawen will take a look at it.
Indeed, I agree with this suggestion, especially nice for the cruisers. It wouldn't really harm the racers either, so no one should disagree with this suggestion really. :P

Good idea, +1 from me.
Well, if devs would increase it to 64 they would satisfy the commuinty for quite a long time
Yes please +1

I think the limit on how many cars can be on track should be based on server performance - Most computers at this time now have the capacity to draw more than 32 cars at once, and if not that's what the draw distance setting is for
I can't see it being too much of a problem as long as shorted tracks are still limited, all open layouts (apart from maybe SO) should be unlimited users on tracks
Quote from Pilchje3369 :I know it may seem a silly idea as its Cruise related but with the new open config on tacks and the high numbers we having on cruise servers are there any ideas of allowing more cars on track then 32?? Be nice to have few more slots available instead of having to boot up more servers. Currently have 80+ connection between our 2 LTC servers plus couple other cruise teams with a good 25 - 30 connections with WKD and TC and not all can cruise/drive. I know it is a racing game but the cruise is getting hugely popular and the latest things added really are brilliant in helping the cruise seen so a big thank you for those. As the forum section says its only a suggestion don't want to start riots and flaming

[LTC] Gaz

Nice Idea.
+1, increasing the number ofAI

each in its sole discretion may limit the downward number of players, like someone wants to have crowd on track - let allow him

More cars on track??
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG