The online racing simulator
Quote from fasthedgehog :Hi. Kyoto track have some open ways, but they have invisible wall. It is necessary to close visually ways.

Its not a bug!
They have invisible wall, then it's bugs. I am not right?
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the test. I can't understand what has gone wrong. But as no-one else has reported a problem, I'm wondering if somehow your installation of LFS has become corrupted.

Yep. I thought of that and did folder comparisons back and forth. Nothing odd there too.

Quote :
Would you mind testing a new, fresh install from the full version?
http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... name=LFS_S2_6A4_setup.exe

Or if it's not easy to download the big file, and you have a previous full version, Z25 or Z28, you could install that and then the patch.

Not at all.

I am downloading it now.

This LFS_S2_6A4_setup.exe will install a full version, now up to and including 0.6A4?

Just one problem I see, but then you can probably neutralize that: what if it requires another unlock? I believe I have one left (spent the other one installing the 0.6A4), but...

I'd prefer to do this the way you suggested: install the file I'm downloading now, as this guarantees a really fresh-from-scratch install.

Oh, download finished. Will tell you what happens.

Thank you.
Lovin' it.
Quote from Squelch :Problem or finding 0.6A3?

If it's the problem, then do share. It might benefit someone else.

But after you seen the replay you could see what was happning right ? that happend pretty much straight after installing the new update VIA the mulitplayer list of hosts, now for some reason when i downloaded & re-installed the Full version of the new update. it fixed the problem. so i honestly dont know what happened before
#56 - avih
Quote from MiguelMargarido :
UPDATE:

launched LFS windowed.

Went to OPTIONS.

Selected 1024*768.

Another pitch black screen. Frozen again.

Reboot again.

It smells like a driver issue to me. I'd suggest installing the latest GFX drivers for your system.
I made a "crash" layout to multiplayer game with my friend, but when car crashes into all the objects on the track, I get "Too many physics objects". Well, I understand that is normally when you hit 200 objects, but I have some questions about it. What happens when you get this error? What is limit to "physics objects"? Is it possible to fix this error?

Attached replay, if you want to look at it.
Attached files
baartlomiej_KY1_FXR.spr - 11.7 KB - 253 views
Quote from MiguelMargarido :Hello, Scawen.

Though the LCD monitor has a native 1600*900 rez, I usually stick to 1024*768 (obviously, better on FPS) in-sim (regardless of sim: iRacing, LFS, NKP, XMR, Racer, GTR2, GTRE or rFactor).

As I said earlier, I have several installs now:
- full Z28
- z28+z34 (meaning, I copy&pasted z34 over a copy of the z28)
- z28+patch0.6A4 (meaning, I copy&pasted the patch over a copy of the z28)

The z28 and the z34 are faultless. Also, no unlock issues.

The 0.6A4 one required an unlock connection. Plus, the problem I mentioned: if I start fullscreen, it freezes pitch black. It totally locks the computer (keyboard including) making it necessary to reboot (which is odd with Vista, from my experience).

If I start LFS windowed and then shift+F4, it freezes pitch black. It locks the computer (keyboard including) making it necessary to reboot.

Manually selecting a resolution? What, if I may ask, would be the objective of doing that?

I could, just out of curiosity, try a different resolution, but I still have to activate FULLSCREEN. And that is where the problem is: the other versions, nothing to report, whether I start fullscreen or I shift+F4 causes no issues.

I know. It is odd. But I did follow the usual procedure.

And I rechecked the log and nada. No problem reported.

Fortunately, it is only happening with 0.6A4.

Unfortunately, I do not know if the final patch (when released) will also cause this for me. [But lets be positive anyway.]

Miguel

I had the same problem. How is on full display when connecting to a server in the background is a question pops up from the firewall to the file has changed and does not work then ALT + TAB. I turn on the connections window, you can upgrade in the Firewall and no problem.

WinXP
Quote from MiguelMargarido :Just one problem I see, but then you can probably neutralize that: what if it requires another unlock? I believe I have one left (spent the other one installing the 0.6A4), but...

You still have two, because it's Friday you got one this morning.

Anyway we'll reset everyone's unlock count to 3 when we release 0.6B.
#60 - SJB
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the test. I can't understand what has gone wrong. But as no-one else has reported a problem, I'm wondering if somehow your installation of LFS has become corrupted.

If have similar problems with Alt+Tab and Shift+F4... LFS Window gets black for 5 seconds and sometimes it looses connection to server. Really annoying as admin if you alt+tab to look into forums and at alt+tab back *beep* lost connection.
Had the same problem with z28 and 30-34 too. Win7 x64 with Nvidia GTX260.

And everytime I start LFS the first time, it freezes once for 2-3 seconds and I crash into a wall or something. It happens sometimes after 5seconds, sometimes after 10minutes. But happens every first LFS start after boot (if I close LFS and start it later: no problems) and happens only once.
Tried 5 different Nvidia drivers but everytime the same alt+tab/shift+f4 black screens and 2-3 second lag at first LFS start.

BTW: If I want to start another game like Trackmania or Battlefield Bad Company 2 or GTA EFLC after playing LFS, I have to reboot first else I got only the half FPS. But if I switch between those other games I got no problems.

Notebook with Vista and ATI HD has no problems with Alt+Tab / Shift+F4, changes instantly and no disconnects.

Regards, SJB
@Miguel: I think it's rather your pc's fault. The Patch seems to work fine for everybody, but not for you...? There's something wrong. Try to get fresh GFX Drivers, and set everything to default if you made custom settings.

-Dopii
Quote from Scawen :You still have two, because it's Friday you got one this morning.

Anyway we'll reset everyone's unlock count to 3 when we release 0.6B.

You are releasing many patches now. Can you reset unlocks every day at 0:00 or every 2 days until stable release with VW and Rock will be released?
Quote from misiek08 :You are releasing many patches now. Can you reset unlocks every day at 0:00 or every 2 days until stable release with VW and Rock will be released?

But why? Only if you have z28 and change to newer you need to unlock the game. Also as scawen said long time ago, you can keep a backup of your "misc" folder and each time you want to get back to z28 use this folder.
Quote from MiguelMargarido :

UPDATE:

launched LFS windowed.

Went to OPTIONS.

Selected 1024*768.

Another pitch black screen. Frozen again.

Reboot again.

Are you using ENBseries ?
Here's another replay of the buggy start, when the timer starts to run actually 1.5 to 2 seconds after green lights. It seems it is not such a rare bug as I thought, when I asked people to watch for it they could see it pretty soon.
Attached files
bugsc1.mpr - 238.5 KB - 254 views
Quote from EQ Worry :Here's another replay of the buggy start, when the timer starts to run actually 1.5 to 2 seconds after green lights. It seems it is not such a rare bug as I thought, when I asked people to watch for it they could see it pretty soon.

It just looks to me that the race timer only starts once the first car crosses the finish line - which yes, in my opinion, is incorrect.

The patch (A4) is running well here though, other than aforementioned timing bug.
#67 - SJB
Quote from EQ Worry :Here's another replay of the buggy start, when the timer starts to run actually 1.5 to 2 seconds after green lights. It seems it is not such a rare bug as I thought, when I asked people to watch for it they could see it pretty soon.

Maybe that bug is related: very rarely if I do a jump start I get no penalty, once even the others said to me "SJB you cheater, no penalty???" cause it was almost 0.5sec before green light and I overtook the others very easy at start.
Bug report,interwebz related.

In live alert on LFS desktop u can see now when your buddies are online on hidden host.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
It's not a bug, it's a new feature.
if i am on hidden host,i want to hide from others,so there is no point for this future.
But you cannot join the host and cannot see the name, so I don't think it reveals the privacy in any way
If i want to be seen online,and nobody cant join,i would be on private host,but when i want to hide from others,i would be on hidden host,but u cant hide no more

Sometimes i want to be on hidden host,because i dont need to put my sunglasses on and i can drive naked.
Hmm yes, that true though.
Seems like 0.6B is now available to download
-
(ivantod) DELETED by ivantod
Thank you all very much for your testing and comments.

0.6B is now available!

Test Patch 0.6A4 (old content / old physics / many updates)
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG