The online racing simulator
Two problems i have after installing, i went into SHIFT+U mode and the cars body kept disapearing ? and the outskirs of the city are flashing ? also its not letting me play sound in my replays ? heres a replay of whats goin on, also please dose anyone still have the version 0.6A3?
Attached files
weird.mpr - 19.5 KB - 318 views
Quote from lfsmasterman :two problems i have after installing, i went into shift+u mode and the cars body kept disapearing ? And the outskirs of the city are flashing ? Also its not letting me play sound in my replays ? Heres a replay of whats goin on, also please dose anyone still have the version 0.6a3?

*solved*
Quote from LFSMasterMan :*solved*

Problem or finding 0.6A3?

If it's the problem, then do share. It might benefit someone else.
Car sound volume slider acts as master volume control?
bug or?: Car sound volume slider acts as master volume control?
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :bug or?: Car sound volume slider acts as master volume control?

I just tested it against music, and it is independent for me. The control does affect all car sounds, not just driver car if that's what you mean?
I've got the impression that the force feedback changed, weaker during normal handling but spiking quite a lot more with suspension loads. No settings change on my profiler, using a DFGT. A friend of mine also reported the same, also using a DFGT.

'Issue' appeared after going from 6A3 to 6A4.

EDIT: Both driving the FZR at AS3.
Just little ask...
Why my X_CARS file not loaded when i change the car?
Quote from ctrlc :I've got the impression that the force feedback changed, weaker during normal handling but spiking quite a lot more with suspension loads. No settings change on my profiler, using a DFGT. A friend of mine also reported the same, also using a DFGT.

'Issue' appeared after going from 6A3 to 6A4.

EDIT: Both driving the FZR at AS3.

This may be related to the modified collisions detection.
read this from Scawen:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1585747#post1585747

Could it be that you experience something similar? If you have driven thousands of laps of the same combo, you are more likely to detect small changes in handling.
#34 - PoVo
Good work Scawen, you've restored the interest in LFS for many people in my opinion.
Quote from MiguelMargarido :Scawen,

two issues after "installing" the latest 6A4 patch.

- I can only start in Windowed mode; Shift+F4 or starting fullscreen freezes the system (Windows Vista up-to-date) - I have had to reboot several times upon this.
- I had to unlock the S2 content

No error messages.

Just the freeze-out.

Miguel
PS: I keep 2 other versions: Z28 and Z34 (in separate folders, with obviously different names). Both run OK and are unlocked. I launch them with ZERO problems.

I'm wondering if it depends which screen resolution is selected. What happens if you go in the Screen options and manually select a resolution in there?

Have you tried a fresh install from the full version?
Please working to G27 Rpm lights
my test-lfs unlocked when i upgraded 6a3 to 6a4. it also pretended like it was a fresh install too, despite all my settings still being there.

(edit: i just tested on another machine, it pretended like a fresh install again, but it retained my unlock.)

my z34 install also unlocked itself, but since there are no test hosts z34 can connect to, that probably doesn't matter.

base z and z28 were fine. said installs are on the same xp machine, in different directories.

i'm assuming everything is alright... i don't have any bugs to report at the moment.
Autocross Collision bug
While driving on autocross I've noticed a collision bug. I've attached a replay to explain more.
Attached files
collision.spr - 87.1 KB - 297 views
Quote from Scawen :I'm wondering if it depends which screen resolution is selected. What happens if you go in the Screen options and manually select a resolution in there?

Have you tried a fresh install from the full version?

Hello, Scawen.

Though the LCD monitor has a native 1600*900 rez, I usually stick to 1024*768 (obviously, better on FPS) in-sim (regardless of sim: iRacing, LFS, NKP, XMR, Racer, GTR2, GTRE or rFactor).

As I said earlier, I have several installs now:
- full Z28
- z28+z34 (meaning, I copy&pasted z34 over a copy of the z28)
- z28+patch0.6A4 (meaning, I copy&pasted the patch over a copy of the z28)

The z28 and the z34 are faultless. Also, no unlock issues.

The 0.6A4 one required an unlock connection. Plus, the problem I mentioned: if I start fullscreen, it freezes pitch black. It totally locks the computer (keyboard including) making it necessary to reboot (which is odd with Vista, from my experience).

If I start LFS windowed and then shift+F4, it freezes pitch black. It locks the computer (keyboard including) making it necessary to reboot.

Manually selecting a resolution? What, if I may ask, would be the objective of doing that?

I could, just out of curiosity, try a different resolution, but I still have to activate FULLSCREEN. And that is where the problem is: the other versions, nothing to report, whether I start fullscreen or I shift+F4 causes no issues.

I know. It is odd. But I did follow the usual procedure.

And I rechecked the log and nada. No problem reported.

Fortunately, it is only happening with 0.6A4.

Unfortunately, I do not know if the final patch (when released) will also cause this for me. [But lets be positive anyway.]

Miguel
Quote from MiguelMargarido :
Manually selecting a resolution? What, if I may ask, would be the objective of doing that?

It could help ruling out ga graphics drivers bug. If yoy have Aero enabled, switch it off and see if it helps.
Quote from MadCatX :It could help ruling out ga graphics drivers bug. If yoy have Aero enabled, switch it off and see if it helps.

Hi.

Sorry but...what are "ga graphics drivers"? If you're referring to common gfx card drivers, then there can't be any bug, as this does not happen with other versions of LFS or any other sim.

Also...Aero, where do I switch it off?
Selecting a 16 bit mode in LFS will force aero off, and might help diagnose your full screen issue.

Edit:
No wait that's wrong. Selecting a screen resolution as Scawen suggested will force LFS full screen. You could also try disabling desktop composition under compatibility in LFS shortcut properties. This will disable Aero.
Quote from Squelch :Selecting a 16 bit mode in LFS will force aero off, and might help diagnose your full screen issue.

Edit:
No wait that's wrong. Selecting a screen resolution as Scawen suggested will force LFS full screen. You could also try disabling desktop composition under compatibility in LFS shortcut properties. This will disable Aero.

Sure thing, Squelch.

I honestly don't remember about forcing fullscreen on with resolution change. I have been avoiding re-launching 0.6A4 for fear of another reboot (the HDs don't like that), but...

Will try the desktop composition suggestion.

Thanks, m8.
Quote from MiguelMargarido :Manually selecting a resolution? What, if I may ask, would be the objective of doing that?

Well, if you click on one of the screen modes in "Options... Screen" then we are definitely trying to select a full screen mode that is supported.

The point of that is that we don't know for sure which mode SHIFT+F4 is trying to select at the moment - we do know it's crashing your computer...

So this would perhaps solve the problem in case of the strange event that SHIFT+F4 is trying to select an invalid screen mode (I don't know why that would be).

By the way : what is your frame rate difference between using the native resolution and the lower resolution you normally use? I always think it's best to use the native resolution on an LCD monitor because then no scaling is required, so I'm surprised to hear that you use a lower resolution.
Quote from Scawen :...DOWNLOADS :

PATCH Z25 to 0.6A4 (PATCH INSTALLER) (if you already have Z25) ...

Why did you say "Z25"?
Is it a typo?
Wasn't it to be unzipped on a Z28?
Quote from Scawen :

The point of that is that we don't know for sure which mode SHIFT+F4 is trying to select at the moment - we do know it's crashing your computer...

Isn't that info in cfg.txt?

example;

Quote :
Version 0.6A3
Start Windowed 1
Welcome Z 0
Edition 0
Window 5 30 1596 833
Screen Info 0 0 1600 900

Quote from Scawen :Well, if you click on one of the screen modes in "Options... Screen" then we are definitely trying to select a full screen mode that is supported.

I clicked 1024*768 in the screen modes in "Options...Screen", when I first installed LFS (if it is listed and one can choose it, it IS supported, I assume).

As I said in my last post, I will try changing the rez from that location, given that by doing so it forces fullscreen on.

Quote :

So this would perhaps solve the problem in case of the strange event that SHIFT+F4 is trying to select an invalid screen mode (I don't know why that would be).

We'll see.

Yes, it is odd, I grant you that.

Quote :
By the way : what is your frame rate difference between using the native resolution and the lower resolution you normally use? I always think it's best to use the native resolution on an LCD monitor because then no scaling is required, so I'm surprised to hear that you use a lower resolution.

Hmm...

There always was a difference - haven't tested it with the last nvidia drivers releases - and it amounted to, at least, 10 FPS, even considering the effort of scaling down.

For most sims, LFS included, starts are the most critical point (together with collisions) at which FPS take a dive. And during starts, at higher resolutions, FPS can go as low as 20s (consider this: I race against 15 to 17 AI opponents in LFS), whereas with 1024*768 the numbers are somewhat higher: 37 FPS minimum.

These issues are highly dependent on hardware but also software, particularly OS and graphics drivers. There may not be a single cause for performance issues, but probably a host of little details here and there, as you know.

In any case, with the latest Z34 release, FPS jumped a bit - around 5-10 FPS more. Maybe I'll try upping the rez just to see how it goes now.

Thank you for the input.

UPDATE:

launched LFS windowed.

Went to OPTIONS.

Selected 1024*768.

Another pitch black screen. Frozen again.

Reboot again.
Hi. Kyoto track have some open ways, but they have invisible wall. It is necessary to close visually ways.
Attached images
LFS 2011-06-17 22-38-04-56.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-38-35-98.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-39-16-65.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-39-29-43.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-54-20-63.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-54-29-52.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-55-11-59.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-55-19-35.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-58-01-93.jpg
LFS 2011-06-17 22-58-06-51.jpg
Quote from MiguelMargarido :There always was a difference - haven't tested it with the last nvidia drivers releases - and it amounted to, at least, 10 FPS, even considering the effort of scaling down.

Scaling down is done by your monitor, not GPU.
Also, you should use resolution with same aspect ratio - 1280x720, not 1024x768.
Quote from MiguelMargarido :Another pitch black screen. Frozen again.

Reboot again.

Thanks for the test. I can't understand what has gone wrong. But as no-one else has reported a problem, I'm wondering if somehow your installation of LFS has become corrupted.

Would you mind testing a new, fresh install from the full version?
http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... name=LFS_S2_6A4_setup.exe

Or if it's not easy to download the big file, and you have a previous full version, Z25 or Z28, you could install that and then the patch.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG