The online racing simulator
LulzSec.
(89 posts, started )
Can we already call this a LulzSec vs. Internet War?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I agree. I don't necessarily agree with how they go about doing things, but they're doing it because we're now living in a time where we put everything online, so poor security of some of these sites that would be picked up on by malicious companies are taken down by LulSec (let's face it they're not really doing any damage) so that when/if a REAL hacker (as in for profit) comes along they will be better prepared.

Like a flu jab for your servers
A very good analogy

Tbh I'm starting to support them. Quite entertaining.
Its ok for me if they stay far away from games what I play
I find it hard to support. Not on moral or ethical grounds necessarily, but on a more paranoid front.

We have to trust our governments and other official agencies with certain data about ourselves in the hope that this information is not abused by them, or employees of those organisations. Certain vetting procedures are undertaken, and on the whole the system has kept us relatively safe from harm. The same could be said of large companies who have a long term financial imperative. The problem with these "White Knight" organisations are they are by nature faceless and unknown. How sure can anyone be that the data they can access is not going to be used by a maverick individual within these so called organisations for short term gain? I'm not sure what the black market price for the personal details of Sony Playstation customers are, but I would bet it is not insignificant.

At first it was humorous, but now they are getting almost cocky and arrogant about it. If that is how they are starting to portray themselves, then it's not too much of a stretch to imagine certain individuals might not be playing as straight as they declare.

Flu jabs, and testing of security measures are very much a requirement in this day and age. Organisations like Anonymous do have a certain role to play, and it has been well documented that poacher turning game keeper is a good model when it comes to security. Lulsec don't seem to have any real motives, and the more powerful they become, the more dangerous their actions could ultimately be.

Quote from Myffe :Can we already call this a LulzSec vs. Internet War?

I don't really mind it tbh, I just laugh over the fact that the sites they're bringing down aren't... I guess protected well enough?

"Greetings friends,

We don't like the US government very much. Their boats are
weak, their lulz are low, and their sites aren't very secure.
In an attempt to help them fix their issues, we've decided
to donate additional lulz in the form of owning them some more!

This is a small, just-for-kicks release of some internal data
from Senate.gov - is this an act of war, gentlemen? Problem?

- Lulz Security"

Better than J.K. Rowling.
Make your own opinion on this:

"Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, last night Crymod was attacked and the web team have spent all day [whilst we're trying to work on the new website] trying to restore our backups but because Crymod has been moved to a new environment and is an all new setup, the backup solution wasn't finalised and as such, half-failed with unstable and not-yet-tested results.

The latest, most stable backup we have was from the 18th of May so we have lost almost a month worth of content because of this attack. This is not the first time Crymod has been under attack and whilst we've been able to recover fairly smoothly in the past, this time we've been caught with our pants down but ultimately it's the community that pays the price for these attacks.

Please note that we do not believe this to be part of the larger chain of attacks occurring across multiple gaming websites. We do recommend that if you share the same password on Crymod as you do on any other accounts that you please change it just to be on the safe side. It's always safest to never use the same password on more than one account.

We do apologise for these issues and we are working to improve and strengthen our web security as quickly as we can.

- Crymod Staff."
Quote from Squelch :At first it was humorous, but now they are getting almost cocky and arrogant about it. If that is how they are starting to portray themselves, then it's not too much of a stretch to imagine certain individuals might not be playing as straight as they declare.

If they can just waltz up to any website or company they choose and destroy it's website and/or servers, then yeah they can be as arrogant and cocky as they please.

They did actually do some good last month, and patched up some holes for the NHS I believe.. I'll find the twitter message or news article in a bit.

Btw, what's crymod
Quote from Seb66 :

Btw, what's crymod

Crysis/Crysis 2 official mod/editor/addon/whatever page.
Here's the NHS halp

Quote :
Blacked out some important areas until they fix the problem: http://i.imgur.com/PQ6Xk.png #NHS #Alicebucketlist

Quote :Recap of the last 24 hours: NHS assisted, Jihad site taken down, Pron.com owned, Endgames + Prolexic shone upon brightly. Tomorrow... @Sony

Quote from Seb66 :Here's the NHS halp

That is scary.
They are obviously talented and use sophisticated methods. My sense of Geek Honour is being severely tested when I think about it too much.:hide:

*Squelch dons tinfoil hat*
62k mail accounts hacked, and people are robbing from paypal and shit like that
People shouldn't use the same passwords for everything then, should they?

Sometimes the only way to learn about fire is to get burnt. Not saying these people necessarily deserve it, however most of them are high ranking members of staff in supposedly secure corporate environments, some even with government sectors...

I mean, come on people!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :People shouldn't use the same passwords for everything then, should they?

Sometimes the only way to learn about fire is to get burnt. Not saying these people necessarily deserve it, however most of them are high ranking members of staff in supposedly secure corporate environments, some even with government sectors...

I mean, come on people!

That sort of complacency makes me doubt my trust in large organisations I alluded to earlier.

I blame this on the facespace culture
if lfs got hacked.... surely it would cause more good then bad ( sure down for a day or two ) but the publicity would be epic. Just what the guys need really... more free publicty... more S2 bought... etc etc
I'd like to see them try and take on Google/Youtube.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'd like to see them try and take on Google/Youtube.

then give that support line a call and ask them!
Quote from theirishnoob :if lfs got hacked.... surely it would cause more good then bad ( sure down for a day or two ) but the publicity would be epic. Just what the guys need really... more free publicty... more S2 bought... etc etc

Logic fail?

Noone buys hacked software. It shows that your personal info and money are seen by third side and that your privacy is too poor to handle this kind of situations.
/b/ is dying.... was it Lulzsec?
It has been dead for long
Yeah.... /b/ has been dead for a long time.
Interesting read. Interesting people.

I wish them all the best, I support them.
Quote :Do you think every hacker announces everything they've hacked? We certainly haven't, and we're damn sure
others are playing the silent game. Do you feel safe with your Facebook accounts, your Google Mail
accounts, your Skype accounts? What makes you think a hacker isn't silently sitting inside all of these
right now, sniping out individual people, or perhaps selling them off? You are a peon to these people.
A toy. A string of characters with a value.

Very true.
Quote :we'll continue creating things that are exciting and new until
we're brought to justice, which we might well be.

that too. >_>

LulzSec.
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG