The online racing simulator
LulzSec.
(89 posts, started )
LulzSec.
OK, this is getting silly now.

The damn ****s are taking everything down, for no reason. I bet if someone requested "LFS" on their "hotline", this would crumble too.

Some of their latest victims:

EscapistMagazine - Minecraft - EVE Online, wiped the whole login server! The whole damn thing.

Game companies being hacked and details leaked all over the tubes... Bethesda being the latest one. Why? For "lulz" and not releasing more info on Skyrim...

Is security really so weak these days that a bunch of kids can face roll over whatever they desire? Are we at the point that companies need so called organisations like, "LulzSec" to realise they need to toughen up their defences?

Victor, I hope you have patched up every single hole...

Seriously... Its getting too far now. It was all fun and games at first, with some, albeit very little meaning behind it. But this is just stupid now.
#2 - Seb66
haha, they're ****ing epic. I love reading their tweets.
I doubt they even know what LFS is. ipayforRacing however...
Quote from DevilDare :EscapistMagazine - Minecraft - EVE Online, wiped the whole login server! The whole damn thing.

I can still log into Minecraft just fine, so they can't have done that much damage to them.
Well they dont need to know... People just tell them who to take down, and if they like it, they proceed to do so.

But yeah, someone call in and tell them to take iRacing.

Quote :I can still log into Minecraft just fine, so they can't have done that much damage to them.

Yeah Minecraft was quick to recover. It was definitely down though.
If it gets rid of holes in everyone's security, it's a good thing in the long run.

Our own bodies are so good at fighting infection because we're constantly exposed to attacks.
Quote from Crashgate3 :If it gets rid of holes in everyone's security, it's a good thing in the long run.

that's what security companies are paid for. lulzsec's motives seem purely scandalous.
#8 - bbman
Quote from bunder9999 :that's what security companies are paid for. lulzsec's motives seem purely scandalous.

Makes no sense... If security would be tight then lulzsec couldn't break in... So in doing exactly that (easily, as they're saying) they prove that those companies got way too comfortable handling our sensitive data and obviously skimped on the necessary security...
#9 - Myffe
Quote from DevilDare :

But yeah, someone call in and tell them to take iRacing. .

**** you I still have my free subscribing left
They're already here laughing on us as we speak, considering they are too smart to hack this, because our community is too small compared to worldwide mainstream and hacking this simulator would not make enough attention they need for making their e-penis bigger.
Hacking 'Tibia' would be awesome
http://arstechnica.com/tech-po ... -of-hacking-escapades.ars

haha

Quote :The third target—and the only one for which the group has offered a rationale beyond "lulz"—is an IT security company named Finfisher. Their site was taken down, briefly, because "apparently they sell monitoring software to the government or some shit like that."

In a perfect world, we wouldn't need any security because people simply wouldn't enter areas they're not supposed to. We don't live in that dreamworld though, so I'll take a bragging "lulz"-group over some serious data thief, who actually makes money with the stolen information, or uses it for further mischief, any day.
Quote from morpha :In a perfect world, we wouldn't need any security because people simply wouldn't enter areas they're not supposed to. We don't live in that dreamworld though, so I'll take a bragging "lulz"-group over some serious data thief, who actually makes money with the stolen information, or uses it for further mischief, any day.

http://it.slashdot.org/story/1 ... 000-Sex-Website-Passwords

call that what you will...
-
(Tomba(FIN)) DELETED by Bob Smith : no need to link to the private info - people can search if they want to find it
if only they would do this to ark music factory
#17 - Uke
They should take down WOW and do the humanity a favor but no, they're pussies.
Quote from Crashgate3 :If it gets rid of holes in everyone's security, it's a good thing in the long run.

Our own bodies are so good at fighting infection because we're constantly exposed to attacks.

I agree. I don't necessarily agree with how they go about doing things, but they're doing it because we're now living in a time where we put everything online, so poor security of some of these sites that would be picked up on by malicious companies are taken down by LulSec (let's face it they're not really doing any damage) so that when/if a REAL hacker (as in for profit) comes along they will be better prepared.
haha they are now at war with 4chan... The frack is going on?

http://thenextweb.com/industry ... zsec-with-the-same-brush/

Quote :And away from the halls of public debate, Batman and Joker are getting into a brawl. LulzSec is targeting 4chan, the birthplace of Anonymous, and 4chan’s /v/ users have been DDoSing anything and everything related to LulzSec, according to VentureBeat’s Matthew Lynley, who describes the situation as a civil war.

So they've taken down CIA website too now, lol
Let the best hackers win!
Black and Berg Cybersecurity home page still compromised.

That just about sums it up I suppose. Batman and Joker analogies aside, this one-upmanship with anonymous could get ugly.

LulzSec.
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG