The online racing simulator
Quote from Seb66 :I'd call that halfway along side tbh.

Really? In what world is half the same as 20%? His right front tyre is touching Jenson's left rear. That's less than one fifth of the way along the car.

Quote from DevilDare :Well there you go, after 10 or so re-runs of the incident on BBC, Brundle was quick to pick up that Button WAS looking at his mirror and no doubt saw Lewis coming up...

Yup, he seemed to be looking, but that's not the same as seeing. Even if he had seen, he couldn't expect Lewis to dive into a gap that was only going to be there for nano seconds.

And the normal, dry, racing line IS that close to the wall for some drivers/cars.

Utterly Lewis's fault. If it had been me, I'd have either lifted before contact, gone to the right hand side and tried my luck round the outside of T1 (which gives the inside into T2), or waited a little bit longer in a long race to make my move. No way would I have kept my foot in knowing that the gap was closing that fast. I doubt anyone else on the grid would have done so either.
Quote from Squelch :I just watched Martin and Davids analysis, and do agree with Martin that Jensen appeared to be looking left. The thing is, he was on the right line, and we have been told numerous times the mirrors are not exactly effective at the best of times, but factor in the rain, Jenson may just have been looking for Lewis, but didn't see him. Hard call to make.

Add to that, who makes the rash moves out of the pair of them?

Would be great to have Jenson's comment on it all. If only Lee could find him right now and get him to do that.
This will never be restarted
Quote from DevilDare :Oh hey there Juzza, ready for another, "Hamilton must be crucified" session I see?

Still not bored?

It's getting quite boring. Just had to comment. Maybe I'll leave him be since I've already said what I think of him and this race has only strengthened my opinion.

Hamilton fans, look at the bright side; Now Hamilton has all the time he needs to wait and cool down before going to the press and comment the situation.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Lewis makes the rash moves out of the pair of them because Jenson doesn't make any moves.

We may as well get jobs as marshals and try and sweep water up hill
Quote from evilpimp :Would be great to have Jenson's comment on it all. If only Lee could find him right now and get him to do that.

Now that I would pay to see.
Quote from Juzaa :It's getting quite boring. Just had to comment. Maybe I'll leave him be since I've already said what I think of him and this race has only strengthened my opinion.

Hamilton fans, look at the bright side; Now Hamilton has all the time he needs to wait and cool down before going to the press and comment the situation.

He was already taken out the back and told what to say. Like a child.
It seems as Hamilton just went faster than Button had expected.
Button saw Hamilton behind him and thought he could steer in.
Hamilton saw room and had KERS, so why wouldn't he go along side. There was room at that time.

The front of Lewis's wing seemed to be halfway Button's car, however we are talking about fractions of seconds here, it's racing.
Kobayashi wouldn't have hit Button.
Wait, what's the limit now, wasn't it 2h 15min no matter what?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wait, what's the limit now, wasn't it 2h 15min no matter what?

The clock stops for red flags.
Quote from tristancliffe :He was already taken out the back and told what to say. Like a child.

You're not much better.

His front wheel was almost IN FRONT of Jenson's rear wheel. I'm pretty sure that on a straight that gives you the right to have space on the track. Jenson clearly just didn't see him and kept his line but can't blame Lewis for going there, he didn't hesitate or anything and made it clear what he was gonna do.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sure but is there some general limit?

There was a 2 hour limit but they just said that they decided to ignore that limit this time. :P
yum, cookies.
Di Resta: KobaYOSHI! Yoshi needs to be Kobayashi's new nickname.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Sure but is there some general limit?

Not sure on that, they mentioned it and seemed to say the clock was stopped and if it starts we should be a full race.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wait, what's the limit now, wasn't it 2h 15min no matter what?

Available light is a factor I think. It's quite late in the afternoon in Canada right now.

Who's there, what does it look like where you are el pibe, PhilS13? Cameras make best use of the light so it's deceiving.
2:45 in Montreal now, sunset is after 8:30.
Available light won't be a problem at all.
Quote from JayEyeBee :2:45 in Montreal now, sunset is after 8:30.

I new there was another Canook in here somewhere. Sorry I missed you. How's the light looking?

Edit:
And another. Sorry evilpimp.

It's just speculation, and maybe I watch too much cricket
I can't put all the blame on Hamilton. For starters button moves to defend but leaves a small gap on the left. Hamilton goes there and button drives into him and as a result hamilton goes into wall. Button could have defended well and he knew all well that if leaves a gap for hamilton he will go there. At the time of they touch hamilton almost had his nose next to buttons helmet. Plus hamilton is already going towards the wall when button drives into him.

Sure the gap was small but it was there.
Will BBC run this as long as it takes?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Will BBC run this as long as it takes?

Plenty of channels for them, it'll be on somewhere.
Disappointing lack of Ice cream and coke being consumed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG