The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Is that one of the old Arrows cars clearing the water?

Loving Mercedes' marquee and Ferrari Mechanic sitting in the car I wonder if they played rock-a paper-a scissors-a to see who got to sit in it?!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :What are you going on about? Assuming Button knew he was there he should have chose either inside or outside line, you can't just drive your normal line when theres a car on the outside of you.

Button hardly turned in on him, but rather took the best line into the next corner. Yes Hamilton got a run on him, but with that spray, do you really think Button could have seen him let alone expect him to make that move? To take a neutral line would have compromised his speed, and I don't believe for one moment he'd play dirty on Lewis. It was an accident that was preventable by Lewis backing off once the gap started to close, just like Massa at Monaco.

I defended Hamilton for a couple of the incidents that I thought he was treated harshly for at Monaco. The Massa incident was avoidable for Lewis, but I held Massa more responsible. Today Hamilton has really not done himself any favours imo.
Quote from Senninha25 :So, when was the last time there were back-to-back red flags?

What's back to back?

Also, does anyone know why Ambrosio was allowed to start?

I recall they said on qualification day on BBC that they thought he wasn't allowed to.
Also, on the Fia timing system had only 23 drivers classified, and Ambrosio without a number on it (>107%)

So, why's that?
Quote from J@tko :

Loving Mercedes' marquee and Ferrari Mechanic sitting in the car I wonder if they played rock-a paper-a scissors-a to see who got to sit in it?!

Winner gets alonso's car and loser gets massa's.
Is that an undercover saftey car lol.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :What's back to back?

I recall they said on qualification day on BBC that they thought he wasn't allowed to.
Also, on the Fia timing system had only 23 drivers classified, and Ambrosio without a number on it (>107%)

So, why's that?

Because FIA are a bunch of pussies who dont keep to their rules.

If the car fails to qualify in the 107%, the stewards get to decide if they allow the car to take part in the race or not.

They allowed him to race.
Quote from Mustafur :Is that an undercover saftey car lol.

It's a mobile disco, techno viking is driving it.
red flag gone?
Here comes the Team USA prototype car.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :What's back to back?

So, why's that?

They are disqualified from starting under the 107% rule unless previous form in practise shows better speed, or the stewards and drivers agree they will not impede the race.
Quote from DevilDare :Because FIA are a bunch of pussies who dont keep to their rules.

They allowed him to race.

Ok, that seems kinda dumb, seeing he would be lapped (in theory) in 15 laps.
However, in normal conditions it's far less.
New drinking game, 3 fingers everytime the feed cuts out.
Well the fia officials could make use of this break and make their decision on the hamilton-button incident and not wait until the race is over. Those after-race steward decisions are just plain annoying.

(And say it was a racing incident at most.)
So, anyone up to a game in the meantime?
I'd call that halfway along side tbh.
Quote from Squelch :Button hardly turned in on him, but rather took the best line into the next corner. Yes Hamilton got a run on him, but with that spray, do you really think Button could have seen him let alone expect him to make that move? To take a neutral line would have compromised his speed, and I don't believe for one moment he'd play dirty on Lewis. It was an accident that was preventable by Lewis backing off once the gap started to close, just like Massa at Monaco.

I defended Hamilton for a couple of the incidents that I thought he was treated harshly for at Monaco. The Massa incident was avoidable for Lewis, but I held Massa more responsible. Today Hamilton has really not done himself any favours imo.

Like i said before, i'm not blaming Button for it if he couldn't see but if he could see hamilton in his mirrors then imo he is at fault. He wasn't even on the dry line, the "normal" line is a car length to the right, i suppose vettel should have just turned into alonso and taken his normal line at the start too? You can't just ****ing pretend someone isn't there, regardless of who has the right to a line or corner, you don't just turn in because the rule book is in your favour. It's a non contact sport and Hamilton was doing his best whilst along side to avoid contact and Jenson did everything to make contact.
Well there you go, after 10 or so re-runs of the incident on BBC, Brundle was quick to pick up that Button WAS looking at his mirror and no doubt saw Lewis coming up...
Quote from DevilDare :Well there you go, after 10 or so re-runs of the incident on BBC, Brundle was quick to pick up that Button WAS looking at his mirror and no doubt saw Lewis coming up...

I can't tell if you're blaming Lewis or Jenson here.

There's no way Jenson could see Lewis cos of the spray and if he could why would he turn into him?
I would like to know as well.

I'll just quote myself from earlier...

Quote :Jenson either didn't see Hamilton, or didn't want to see him...

Also, Button was looking in his mirror the moment he came out of the chicane, there was minimal spray by then, so he would have seen Lewis.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that because I don't want to be involved in another stupid 50page argument that some were in the Monaco GP thread.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Like i said before, i'm not blaming Button for it if he couldn't see but if he could see hamilton in his mirrors then imo he is at fault. He wasn't even on the dry line, the "normal" line is a car length to the right, i suppose vettel should have just turned into alonso and taken his normal line at the start too? You can't just ****ing pretend someone isn't there, regardless of who has the right to a line or corner, you don't just turn in because the rule book is in your favour. It's a non contact sport and Hamilton was doing his best whilst along side to avoid contact and Jenson did everything to make contact.

I just watched Martin and Davids analysis, and do agree with Martin that Jensen appeared to be looking left. The thing is, he was on the right line, and we have been told numerous times the mirrors are not exactly effective at the best of times, but factor in the rain, Jenson may just have been looking for Lewis, but didn't see him. Hard call to make.

Add to that, who makes the rash moves out of the pair of them?
Quote from DevilDare :Well there you go, after 10 or so re-runs of the incident on BBC, Brundle was quick to pick up that Button WAS looking at his mirror and no doubt saw Lewis coming up...

Button was looking in the mirrors, but by the time Lewis had pulled out it looked as if Button was no longer looking in the mirrors.

We are talking about fractions of a second here though, a bit longer and Button may have seen it and changed his direction. He didn't and continued on his orginal course. However Lewis should also have seen that the gap was constantly closing and he needed to have backed out.

It is all to easy to sit here and disect it by looking at a number of different tv angles and slowing it down. The drivers only have 1 chance at races speed while trying to do a number of different things as well. As I said 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, and sometimes shit happens.
Quote from Squelch :I just watched Martin and Davids analysis, and do agree with Martin that Jensen appeared to be looking left. The thing is, he was on the right line, and we have been told numerous times the mirrors are not exactly effective at the best of times, but factor in the rain, Jenson may just have been looking for Lewis, but didn't see him. Hard call to make.

Add to that, who makes the rash moves out of the pair of them?

Well that's how i'd call it aswell actually if he couldn't see him, if he could see him and started turning into him then Jenson was in the wrong.

Lewis makes the rash moves out of the pair of them because Jenson doesn't make any moves.
Agelaius phoeniceus for those watching in Canada.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG