The online racing simulator
so... this may be a dumb question... but when does the DRS wing snap closed? when the brake is applied? or a split second before that?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :so... this may be a dumb question... but when does the DRS wing snap closed? when the brake is applied? or a split second before that?

Yes, when the brakes are applied.
Or it can be closed by the controls in the cockpit. I think they have designed it so it cannot be stuck open. Airflow snaps it back into place without mechanical intervention.

Hopefully it will be wet so they won't use it.
AFAIK the drivers manually close it before they press the brake pedal. If they started braking with the wing open it would cause even more rear instability than usual.
Drivers having trouble on the brakes. Vettel most notably.
Quote from PMD9409 :Drivers having trouble on the brakes. Vettel most notably.

Nah, he had trouble with the wall
2x - Wall Contact

Hotlap Invalid (wall)

Im also watching fp1. I cried when I saw the wall getting smashed by a redbull. He was so clean before that accident. ( I'm talking about he wall, not vettel)
How many champions is that now that have hit the wall?
Omg what a slide from kovi
Missed the first session, should be around for the next one.

and were the RedBulls just cruising in that session?
Quote from jrd.racer :and were the RedBulls just cruising in that session?

Yeah, Vettel parked his car so as not to show his true pace
Quote from boothy :Yeah, Vettel parked his car so as not to show his true pace

Boothy-style
I didn't see FP1 but listened on radio. An interesting little snippet that came about after Hamilton had display problems. Somebody tweeted and explained they use audio to indicate to the drivers when to shift.

Anyone feel an LFS mod coming on to further annoy the missus?

Grrrrrrrr. Beep! Grrrrr. Beep! Grrrr. Beep!....
Looks like de la Rosa in for Perez.
Alonso Pwning. 15.107, 3 tenths quicker than Vettel sofar

Also MSC failing hard lol, ~4.7 seconds off the fastest time, 20th on the practice board.
Well I think he and Rosberg were satisfied with what they saw they could do in Practice 1 and decided to back off.
guess I should have looked at P1 results before I opened my mouth
does anyone have a livestream?
i'Ve got my TV...... Alonso set the same laptime as Rosberg.

e: not anymore..
any streams?
Epic powerslide from Kobayashi on the last turn, only just missed the wall.
Epic indeed. Someone remind him this isnt D1 GP.
Great effort from Massa. Ferrari is finally back.
I hope Vettel won't disappear in distance before DRS gets enabled! Looking forward to see if Schumi can get in top 5 from 8th on the grid.

Talking about DRS, S/F straight isn't that long so driver in front might not make that vital +1 sec gap to prevail the one behind to fight back next lap, but yeah, it would be better with two activation zones...

EDIT: Looks like rain is very likely for tomorrow, that would be great for Schumi and his hopes for podium

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG