The online racing simulator
Why are you guys going so hard on him? I mean, There are some obvious WTFs, But i don't understand why you guys are almost bashing him, He makes a good point about tracks, He's a demo user, yes, Could he have cracked it, Of course he could. Is he missing out on more now that he has cracked it (if he has) Sure. But I don't understand out of all people, Tristian, Is all over him.

People can enjoy alot of sims for different reasons. I enjoy LFS in a realistic way as I enjoy Shift for it's graphics and night races, I enjoyed R-factor for the massive amount of content, Step off the soap box alittle guys, We can all have nice calm disscussions about a simple time waster (LFS to me, Is a game, This time wasted, Fun one though!)

Justasimfan, When S3 rolls around, And suddenly, massive amounts of Dx29 processing power and super ray tracing comes out, Can I forcefully remove your front row teeth?
Quote from TehPaws3D :Why are you guys going so hard on him? I mean, There are some obvious WTFs, But i don't understand why you guys are almost bashing him, He makes a good point about tracks, He's a demo user, yes, Could he have cracked it, Of course he could. Is he missing out on more now that he has cracked it (if he has) Sure. But I don't understand out of all people, Tristian, Is all over him.

People can enjoy alot of sims for different reasons. I enjoy LFS in a realistic way as I enjoy Shift for it's graphics and night races, I enjoyed R-factor for the massive amount of content, Step off the soap box alittle guys, We can all have nice calm disscussions about a simple time waster (LFS to me, Is a game, This time wasted, Fun one though!)

Justasimfan, When S3 rolls around, And suddenly, massive amounts of Dx29 processing power and super ray tracing comes out, Can I forcefully remove your front row teeth?

Like you can talk paws, you picked on logitek for months about his STD thread.
look at his history of what threads hes opened so far
As much as I try to not expect anything from anyone just 'cause of his/her history, just look at all the threads justasimfan has made so far. Three threads about how horrible DirectX 8 is in one way or another, two threads about XMR (which ended up in a stupid flamewar) and now this one. It's not like we're bashing his idea just 'cause he's the one who suggested it. IMHO its not that much of an idea anyway. In a nutshell he's trying to say "I think that Rockingham sucks balls, so I'd prefer having other tracks no matter they'd be without licensing or laser scanning". Everything he's ever suggested could be generalized as "Get a (real content) to LFS made by [Devs, Community] and in case it's too costly just forget the licenses". I'd much rather take a Scirocco around Rockingham than a "Bayern Automotive" around "Forza", even if it means waiting another year for it. If justasimfan ever comes with an original and actually doable idea, I'll gladly support it, but until then...
Well i don't know if there is point to continue but i will try one more time...

A lot of people bash me for speaking a lot (and very loudly ) about graphics updating and about enlisting the community's help....

And now i realized that there is another major issue having to do with not really the quality level of upcoming tracks,but with their excitement and interest value.And through some people realized this too, many go to protect "mode" assuring themselves and everybody else that for them,the x or y or z upcoming run of the mill track will be perfect for them....

I am here because i care about this game and after 20+ years of gaming and many of them playing with sims i believe i know a thing or two about games...Sadly i don't have the talent to help programming or modeling

I see in the community some incredibly talented people( a lot of them i bet came from Racer and many migrated eventually to Rfactor) that know a thing or two about coding and modeling and want to perfect what is there.

(I remember people from the racer forums-back in the racesimcentral days like some1 ,tops etc..that could make things that gave a run for their money to commercial products.They eventually could not stand more raul negativeness to having more people help him with coding so they left for lfs and later to rfactor)

For those that drift from time to time( i don't but as my bro does) there are some incredible models for drift cars and some nifty programs to set setups and tires exactly as real life .And cars feel very very close like the real thing...It's a pity discarding all that incredible talent....Kunos has locked format for netkar cars but the tracks are open and through in the begining the addon tracks were of very low quality now there are a few triple a tracks made .Speaking about rfactor is pointless...Norchliefe and many more tracks on rfactor made by users are better than commercial tracks made by pro's..so that must speak for something....

And as i said many times before i never asked for dx11 graphics....But i asked for having at least the default graphics quality for the last 6-7 years and that is the dx9c.....render.

And last but not least memorable tracks make a game be remembered for years .For example the open road tracks in the original need for speed.The ridge city tracks in the ridge racer series...The autumm ring and grand valley in grand turismo...Everybody knows and loves fern bay,or south city and blackwood...If instead of them we had vara raceway,porto and estoril would anyone still play the game ?
Quote from TehPaws3D :I'm just hoping you all know, The only reason the S3 is taking so long, Is because the tire physics, I'm pretty sure the track has been laser scanned and completed along time ago. ... I don't know why they didn't add it yet though, Kinda silly.

Scawen wants to amaze the racing world with a true real life racing feeling.

Thats the long term goal. It makes no sense to laserscan a track and not care about the tire physics. It doesn't give the real feeling. Especially not with a known real life car like the VWS.

If the tire physics are right the concentration can be on other real life tracks. (I hope).
Quote :
For those that drift from time to time( i don't but as my bro does) there are some incredible models for drift cars and some nifty programs to set setups and tires exactly as real life .And cars feel very very close like the real thing...It's a pity discarding all that incredible talent....Kunos has locked format for netkar cars but the tracks are open and through in the begining the addon tracks were of very low quality now there are a few triple a tracks made .Speaking about rfactor is pointless...Norchliefe and many more tracks on rfactor made by users are better than commercial tracks made by pro's..so that must speak for something....

Ill say that LFS's tracks are more entertaining to me than any mod track I have ever DLed for rFactor.

I feel rFactor was a waste of money for me - raced in it for less than 3 months and got fed up with 'being forced' to match with othe people's mods. That was over 3 years ago.

I WILL NOT take to a racing sim if I cant find something to do 'fast' and efficient'. without aving to be bothered over constant extra donwloads.

LFS is satisfying because I can launch the program AND GET INTO A CAR and start driving in under 15 seconds.

Quote :
Like you can talk paws, you picked on logitek for months about his STD thread.

WTF? STDs? IN SIM RACNG?
Quote from CodieMorgan :WTF? STDs? IN SIM RACNG?

Yes. Aka the crapboxes class. Don't touch the exhausts, though.
But have you ever thought how the track would be if driving it reversed? ( like RO1R)
Can you let the fking thread die already?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But have you ever thought how the track would be if driving it reversed? ( like RO1R)

I do not think reversed configs will be available on Rockingham - might be wrong though.
You are right, no reversed configs on Rockingham.
There are plenty of reverse threads on LFSforum though
Quote from Flame CZE :You are right, no reversed configs on Rockingham.

but what if i want to drive the oval the other way around?
I heard some time ago that you can make reversed layouts with Airio's help - and this was used by demoers to drive on BL2R after the devs disabled the reversed configs on demo.

Perhaps this could also be used for Rockingham.
Quote from Flame CZE :You are right, no reversed configs on Rockingham.

maybe not in official, but if open config happens...

And who really says there is no reversed configs in LFS for Real tracks?

EDIT: I would be devastated if no reverse configs
I talked about it with Victor once... and he said Rockingham would not have reversed configs, I don't know about the open configs though, they were not introduced yet at that time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG