The online racing simulator
Sounds like great racing guys and interesting read. Liked the "They said". Should do that for the rest of the rounds
58 – Kalinin Ilya – Greener – N/A – Russian Federation
They said:
J.Ward - AARGH F*****G Connection...
Round 3 tomorrow, remember. PMs sent.
Just wondering why you're running 4% FXO restriction, its slower on the straight than the XRT as it is with 3% but with 4 we'll just get raped on every straight (even the short ones) and especially on the run to T1.

Also add the fact that FXO will destroy its tyres here you're just making it the XRT show.
Rub some cherry pie on the fronts to act like a temporary barrier.
39 - Philip Ellis - painster - ineX Racing - Germany
46 - Radovan Geppert - Angel Power Racing - Czech Republic
Quote from JackDaMaster :Just wondering why you're running 4% FXO restriction, its slower on the straight than the XRT as it is with 3% but with 4 we'll just get raped on every straight (even the short ones) and especially on the run to T1.

Also add the fact that FXO will destroy its tyres here you're just making it the XRT show.

FXO is a lot easier to drive than XRT and RB4. Fact. 3% looks like a fair-ish balancing on the paper indeed, but because of this all TBO leagues and events giving 3% to FXO ended up with 60% FXO grids and very few XRT/RB4 putting a challenge for the lead. This is why we thought we'd give it one more % and try to get a better car variety on the grid.

The argument on straights is a bit surprising too, considering that KY21 doesn't have any long ones, except for the start part of course.

Last thing, if you manage to destroy your tyres within 14 laps you are obviously doing something wrong.
I'll try to be there this time!
check my sig lol
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :FXO is a lot easier to drive than XRT and RB4. Fact. 3% looks like a fair-ish balancing on the paper indeed, but because of this all TBO leagues and events giving 3% to FXO ended up with 60% FXO grids and very few XRT/RB4 putting a challenge for the lead. This is why we thought we'd give it one more % and try to get a better car variety on the grid.

The argument on straights is a bit surprising too, considering that KY21 doesn't have any long ones, except for the start part of course.

Last thing, if you manage to destroy your tyres within 14 laps you are obviously doing something wrong.

80% XRT is a nice variety
Maybe if people gave constructive input earlier than 3 hours before the start, we could've fix this. Last time I checked the !top charts(no earlier than yesterday night), only 2 people had set times.

And trust me, I have no interrest whatsoever in doing hours of testing on my own in order to come with a top-notch balancing, only for one round of a non-swapping drivers league.

Oh well. Still better than the 90-100% FZR grids MoE could've had in the past.
50 - Hermanni Peura - UnknownMaster21 - Master Team Drivers Zero X-treme - Finland

or did I do too late?

EDIT Just wanna make a "visit" for last two rounds, to see how it is about racing in open configs
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :50 - Hermanni Peura - UnknownMaster21 - Master Team Drivers Zero X-treme - Finland

or did I do too late?

EDIT Just wanna make a "visit" for last two rounds, to see how it is about racing in open configs

Sign-ups are still open, no worries.
85 - Elon Berisha - ElonB13 - TBA - Denmark

Round 3 was held on the Kyoto National infield-only configuration(KY21), with TBOs. For the only time of the season, this round had a two heats system, which provided more door to door action than usual.

Rudy van Buren came back stronger after a difficult round 2, and set pole, leading an ineX Racing 1-2-3: championship leader Joe Holmes was alongside him in front row, in front of series newcomer Philip Ellis. “Best of the rest” was reigning Formula Ford World Champion Dennis Lind(Dennis .Inc) in 4th.

Holmes and Lind took the best starts and were leading the early laps. However, a tangle between the two of them after a few laps made Holmes drop several positions, while Lind would quickly give up places aswell due to slightly overheated tyres. This meant that poleman van Buren would be back in the lead after half-way, despite a shy first race half. The Dutch driver would eventually win, in front of Teemu Iivonen(ineX Racing), and early leaders Joe Holmes and Dennis Lind.

Race 1 finish order was taken in order to set race 2’s starting grid. No surprise at the start this time, front row starters van Buren and Iivonen kept the two first places. Iivonen passed his Dutch teammate for the lead at lap 2, but didn’t manage to keep the lead more than a few laps: van Buren was back in the lead once again at half-way, and then cruised to another victory. The ineX train would be splitted by Dennis Lind this time: the Danish, starting in 4th, managed to pass both Holmes and Iivonen to get an important 2nd place for the championship, taking race fastest lap in the process. Iivonen and Holmes follow in 3rd and 4th.

The ineX domination is completed by Philip Ellis, who took 5th in both races. Right behind him, 2010 iTCC champion Karolis Kliaudiatis(My3id Gaming) kept consistant scoring with two 6th places. Also note that best non-XRT driver was Jack Sedgewick(Fred Loves Pie), taking 7th and 8th in his FXO.

The drivers’ championship lead is officially kept by Joe Holmes(117 points), far in front of Dennis Lind(86), Karolis Kliaudaitis(78), Jack Sedgewick(75), and Teemu Iivonen(73) – former 2nd and 3rd place runners Egon Liibeon(spdo Racing) and Phil Diaz(ineX Racing) dropping to 9th and 10th after missing round 3. However, if you already drop each drivers’ worst round, the situation is pretty much different: Lind would be leading, 1 point of Holmes, and 13 in front of Iivonen. The championship therefore remains wide open, at only 2 rounds to go.

At the teams’ championship, with 237 points, ineX Racing extends its lead to 136 points on 2nd place group. With only 182 points to give away, ineX will most likely get the teams’ title, bar any misfortune. Things are a lot closer in the battle for 2nd place, with 6 teams grouped in 26 points: spdo Racing(after lining-up zero car at round 3), Angel Power Racing, Tiger Express Motorsports, and one-car entries Dennis .Inc, My3id Gaming and Fred Loves Pie.

They said…:

Rudy van Buren(ineX Racing. Quali: 1st, Race 1: 1st, Race 2: 1st): “After a bad race with the FOX, I was hoping for a better result with the TBOs. The track was really cool to race on and as far as i fought on track it went fair and hard. The races required quite some attention to the tires, to not overheat them too early, but it all went well for me with the pole and double win.

Dennis Lind(Dennis .Inc. Quali: 4th, Race 1: 4th, Race 2: 2nd): “Secondrace I had in the championship, and this track was very fun, lots of tire strategy was needed, and I think that was the only reason I got ahead of Teemu Iivonen in the middle of race 2, All in all great race(s) once again! I’m looking forward for the next one.

Joe Holmes(ineX Racing Quali: 2nd, Race 1: 3rd, Race 2: 4th): “Qualy went well for me, getting p2. Race 1 was a little difficult as i had huge tyre problems on my fronts and dropped away during a bad heat peak, but managed to get back up there and get p3. Race 2 was very hard, i made changes to the setup and it just made my rears very hot, i could only manage p4.”

Jack Ward(Team Vires Quali: 14th, Race 1: 12th, Race 2: 13th): “Absolutely Epic race. That is all

Standings | Some Pictures
Awesome race report(s) - good job, Yann.
Meh, too late to send my quotes :P
Just for the race from tomorrow, would it be smart to sorta make it mandatory to put your blinker on if you enter the pit? i know the blinker sounds a bit retarded, but its like one of the easyst ways to show if you pitting or not what is quite importand here if you ask me.
We're not going to implement anything strictly, but you're right, it would be good if people could use it, especially if there's someone right behind.
38 – Jonathan Bjornson – JayEyeBee – MCR – Canada
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :We're not going to implement anything strictly, but you're right, it would be good if people could use it, especially if there's someone right behind.

Maybe allow people to use a "pitting" bind or something? I know I've seen that allowed in some leagues, obviously misuse would be punished.
59 – Jiří Reich - Jirka24 – Angel Power Racing – Czech Republic
41 – Andy O'Brien – aobrien – Team Vires – Ireland

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG