The online racing simulator
MG6 what do you think?
(52 posts, started )
It indeed resembles an Insignia
But a shoddier version of it, with mediocre features, nothing unique and VW-esque headlights
:/
why wont MG die already
Rounded edges everywhere, no character, looks bland as hell. Not a fan of huge lights, and like all modern sedans and hatchbacks, the front and rear are a million miles tall, it looks a facking truck. Maybe it's nice as a daily drive but I wouldn't get one to be proud of a purchase.
Looks boring.
Quote from anttt69 :
Although i agree putting an MG badge on a Montego was a bridge to far.

I remember having this on video tape ages ago... so naff and cheesy
That car looks so average and bland that even a song played on Radio 1 would be insulted to play on it's radio.
isnt this made in china ??

finally, something worse then hyundai/kia
The parts are manufactured in China, but the car is assembled in Longbridge
#33 - DeKo
Quote from JO53PHS :The parts are manufactured in China, but the car is assembled in Longbridge

Worst of both worlds, really.
Made in China.
Anyway. Appearance is a bit meh and the radio inside looks too crowded. Might accidently press the wrong button easily
Quote from JO53PHS :The parts are manufactured in China, but the car is assembled in Longbridge

So what else is new?
Why all the negativity? Almost every review is mostly positive :|. Also, supposed to drive really rather well.
#38 - 5haz
Because people are being cynicool as per usual.
All new cars drive "really rather well" (apart from damping - most new cars, especially 'premium' brands are woefully damped). You'd struggle to find a car on sale that is actually bad. Being 'good' is merely average.
Well, apparently this drives better than the benchmark - the Focus. That can hardly be a bad thing. And yeah, everyone is cynical as usual. Also a heck of a lot cheaper than a Focus.
The front looks like it was taken from a VW and the rear looks like it was taken off a BMW E60, to be more particular I am referring to the front and rear lights. Further reading the topic and discovering that it is Chinese, can't say it surprises me that the design is way too similar to other models. And that's the car's problem, it is not unique in any way. It's just a mix of VW, BMW and Volvo (interior wise).
I nearly bought a Focus once. I test drove one, alongside a 306. The Focus was horrible in my opinion - uncomfy, driving position too high which exaggerated the bodyroll, and the visibility (particularly backwards) was terrible. It also understeered more like an Impreza than a normal car! Maybe the later versions got better, but when the Focus first got it's reputation as 'class leader' I thought it was second rate. Still a good car in objective terms, but the 306 was far superior to drive and live with.
Seems like all depends on which example TBH. Dad test drove a Civic, Focus, 306 and our 45 when choosing, and the Rover was his pick. Focus was second best in his opinion - strange, as the Civic was on the same chassis as the Rover. The 306, he said was the most fun to drive, but he couldn't live with the noise and the fact that that particular one was falling apart. So is my uncle's 306 - but he couldn't really expect much - bought it for £80. That one was a bit extreme - door was falling off, the whole interior was a wreck, and cosmetically awful, but mechanically sound, somehow.
Quote from Jakg :

Can't see it being a big hit tbh... but if MG take off then my cars value will instantly increase

You like to dream don't you.
#45 - JJ72
I don't understand this trend of saloons having no hood line or trunk line, just one big blob like a MPV....the Prius started it, all korean cars look like it, now even the new imprezas and civics looks like a friggin bar of soap.....
Apparently Trebor901 didn't start this thread (we are friends in RL and he said he didn't make it) and I decided (on his behalf) the best action would be for his account to be permanently banned as it's obviously been compromised.
What? Are you saying this because IRL you fell out or something?
No we didn't fall out....we are friends as I said. And yesterday we were parked up at McDonalds in Newbury (where I also reversed through the drive through but that's another matter) and he said "oh yeah I went on LFS forum and that MG6 thread, I never made that!!!"
14th April 2010, someone needs glasses. You said it was created last week thats why i said it wasnt me
Quote from trebor901 :14th April 2010, someone needs glasses. You said it was created last week thats why i said it wasnt me

But is that really you? *slowly raises an eyebrow and stares*

MG6 what do you think?
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG