The online racing simulator
cant let that happen
would have to get a restraining order on laudi
he is strangely attracted to scawen... when it comes to driving different cars in the same server D:
Quote from zeugnimod :Wasn't vicc really slow in those IRC monday night races he participated in?

Don't forget Vicc was using H-shift + manual clutch in the XRT, cant remember his steering lock, but that was some lovely TBO racing Regardless of speed.
I have a idea for a new Ramp Model...

I think this Ramp Model is better to drive on it then by the current ramp the car is a little bit jumping!
Some people really need to have a reality check. Like seriously, Scawen is not only a developer, he is also a father and has a wife. He is allowed time to himself and his family? Just because he said it would be released hopefully within two weeks, we cant blame him if he wants to take a day or two off to spend in the sun or something... Most of us here would if we could.

So just give him a break and calm down, its a game at the end of the day.
Quote from EQ Worry :I wonder if this also covers contacts between cars, so that there is less crazy results of small touches, especially in open wheelers. That would be awesome, but even if that's not the case, it is great to see a serious progress in LFS.

No, collisions between moving objects (including cars) are not affected.

There are three collision / contact changes :

1) Collisions with movable objects - they now have the same hardness as segments (track / walls / etc). Fixes the red barrier bug.

2) Objects (like autocross objects) have the friction of "concrete" when touching a tyre - was previously "ice". Helps on Ramp1 and Ramp2.

3) Accurate segment collisions - mainly affecting the contact detection at the *end* of segments and this fixes the pit garage exit bug.

Quote from Skagen :Does this also mean improved contact detection with the speed bumps in i.e KY3 chicane?
Often it seems like it's up to luck if you get suspension damage or not when "cheating" (or just missing) the chicane and fly over the speed bumps. If it was spot on every time (meaning suspension destruction if hitting the bumps at 230 km/h), the chicane would be even more intense.

PS. Would also be interesting if the front spoilers on the GTRs and open wheels could be damaged or even completely run off if they smash into curbs and bumps.

Those speed bumps are now hard if you hit them with the car body so I don't think you will do that in a race. However, there is probably still luck involved, as they are thin you will probably still "miss" them sometimes, if they happen to be in a position between physics updates.
Quote from Stölzel :I have a idea for a new Ramp Model...
I think this Ramp Model is better to drive on it then by the current ramp the car is a little bit jumping!

I think that current ramp already gives enough suspension damage,so no need for bigger jumps. But not here this should be discussed - go to improvement suggestions!

Looks good from report,can't wait to test!
Scawen, is there any news about a "smoother lag system"? the spike lag in LFS is not cool, playing on lan on LFS look more laggy that playing online on other games...

It's not nice you racing in a league with 20 other racers and then someone teleports inside other's car and there is cars flying everywhere

like my signature says, sorry for bad english, hope you can understand what I said
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Don't forget Vicc was using H-shift + manual clutch in the XRT, cant remember his steering lock, but that was some lovely TBO racing Regardless of speed.

It was, there should be another league soon.
Quote from zeugnimod :It was, there should be another league soon.

definitely
whos going to poke vari about it this time though
>_>
Forget pizza. LFS is Royal bear meat with Golden Potato-s

Release it like it`s now and make S3 higher price when its come out

People need new patch Dear Scawen help us ...
Quote from Fuse5 :definitely

+1 and for the love of pete, get a british server.
Quick update Scawen if your not busy ?
aaargh i cant wait those new configurations that are coming.......... AAARGH cant wait for patch
So Scawen a question for you, will you release the update this weekend ?
Quote from Udris1992 :So Scawen a question for you, will you release the update this weekend ?

It has to be this weekend. Last day is Monday. We'll see.
scawen, tyre smoke from every patch of tyre?
I have a feeling that is about to come out the patch. A few minutes later.
No patch today sorry.
tomorrow morning... i hope. well let see and scawen dont be too busy you are deserved little holiday after this.

Sorry about my bad english
irw ok
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG