The online racing simulator
Quote from Fors :The SSD Is my C: For os and games.

lol, 60 GB for OS + apps + games..

my SteamApps folder alone is bit over 300 GB.
Quote from Fors :As for the ram i don't see why i would change them out.

Better performance and more RAM for same price as your gam(y)ing kit is not good reason enough?

Also, you could compensate slowness of your WD drives by RAID-0'ing them, but, considering how "long-lasting" WD drives are, that'd be too risky.
it's been a long time since i've seen a build where the hard drives would be the bottleneck. "Green edition" and "Gaming" do not go together. i have a 250gb hdd for my operating system. a 500gb(seagate) for games. a 1tb (green edition) for music and data. i use 8gb of DDR2 ram and if i'm honest, i've never really used more than 4GB. so for me, 12GB would be overkill.
even if you removed one of the green edition drives and replace it with a non-green edition imo, you'll get a really nice low cost performance boost. unless you enjoy waiting 15 minutes for games to load.
Quote from E.Reiljans :lol, 60 GB for OS + apps + games..

my SteamApps folder alone is bit over 300 GB

and you daily play all the 300?

60GB is enough for my OS and AV, i only play a few games so i don't need more.
Still after all that i have about 20GB left.

The disks spin at 5400 normally but under load they do go to 7200.
it's a green mode or w/e. Indeed i could buy the Seagate Barracuda® XT witch is at the speeds of Raptors. But the green disks haven't shown any preformance loss yet. And are only for storage.
Quote from Fors :and you daily play all the 300?

Daily - nope, monthly - yes.
-
(amp88) DELETED by amp88
Quote from Fors :The disks spin at 5400 normally but under load they do go to 7200.

That's just dodgy marketing on WD's part. The Green drives spin at a constant speed somewhere between 5400-7200rpm (generally 5400rpm); they don't change speed with load.

http://www.storagereview.com/1000.sr?page=0%2C1
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article786-page2.html

Quote :Some folks have misinterpreted some admittedly vague specs on WD's website. Under "Rotational Speed," the manufacturer cites "IntelliPower (5400 to 7200 RPM)." This does not mean the drive dynamically changes its spindle speed during operation... indeed, such a feature would entail considerable mechanical engineering and would in many ways defeat the point -- rapidly accelerating and decelerating the spindle's speed would increase rather than decrease net power draw.

here is a quck photo of my pc, (i had friends Graphic Card PNY Nvidia quadro 6000 (6GB) DDR5 384bit

5000 FPS...Sometimes wasn't showing us FPS..(it was like ->????.??

http://oi56.tinypic.com/15x5puh.jpg

Quote from ftop :PNY Nvidia quadro 6000 (6GB) DDR5 384bit

But can it run Crysis 2?
Dear god

P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
GF GT220
its time to upgrade than huh?
need some help on fsp
i going to assamble a new ring with just a few items upgrade i7 2600k
and a 6950 2g ddr5
how much the fsp could reach
Quote from kenshi0007 :need some help on fsp
and a 6950 2g ddr5

If you are talking about power supply i guess at max stress 400w
the 6950 uses about 150-200 and 2600k 100-150w depending on clock i guess.

I wouldn't go for anything less than 500 thinkin of future upgrades etc.
i using a 750w silverstone
i am more interested of how much fsp can i achieve in lfs?
and its this upgrade worth it or better to go sli on a lower spects card
you don't need an i7 cpu for LFS nor do you need a 2gb gpu.
i am just wondering what fsp will i get
this pc is not just for lfs
and will be doing alot of cad and simulations
Quote from kenshi0007 :need some help on fsp
and a 6950 2g ddr5

About 500 FPS LFS needs bugger all specs to run in todays standards. You won't have to worry honestly.

You could run tripple screen in 60hz/60hz 3D with that.
Quote from JasonJ :About 500 FPS LFS needs bugger all specs to run in todays standards. You won't have to worry honestly.

You could run tripple screen in 60hz/60hz 3D with that.

Yeah if he is talking about FPS! than 200-500 depending on the lock on lfs.

older versons ive archieved 2000 fps. but you dont need anymore than 120.
Quote from Fors :Yeah if he is talking about FPS! than 200-500 depending on the lock on lfs.

older versons ive archieved 2000 fps. but you dont need anymore than 120.

Please, for the sake of your computer, limit it to 60FPS or turn vsync on (unless you have uber epic good eyes and a monitor that is higher then 60Hz).
FPS affects FFB and some other things in LFS (don't know why), so I agree on the 120FPS limit as the maximum noticeable
When I turn vsync on, there's quite a big wheel input lag.

Step into my office
Nice set there. However, you could try to set a bit bigger screen angle in the game settings, so the border of the dashboard is in one line.
It looks flat when sit in the chair, this picture was taken from above the seat so the angle of the outer screens tilts the view
Small update: I got my hands on a 206 RC seat dirt cheap, so out with the old and in with the new!

Really nice You need to mount the pedals the right way though
Quote from pärtan :Really nice You need to mount the pedals the right way though

I would if the pedal arms were longer and slightly curved so that the pedal moves away from me in a relatively straight line and not curve as much as they do if you reverse-mount them. I am however thinking of getting rid of the plastic case and hardmount the rails to the metal plate for added stiffness, plus getting the spacing between the brake and throttle right

Small update:

Ever tried using the G25 as a handbrake in sequential mode? Well I use it like that and it tends to get stuck since it plops down into the base in the heat of the action, also it doesn't have enough spring action for my taste.

Problem solved!

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG