The online racing simulator
F1 Race Manager 2011 Browser Game
(253 posts, started )
Vettel for pole!! I feel some of my bets holding up
I had Hamilton and Webber switched around tho
Hmm, so first driver who drops out of race. I had put karthikeyan but how could he drop out of the race first if he can't start?

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :HRT won't make the race no matter what happens because they won't beat the 107% qualifying rule, Virgin are borderline too, if the teams decide to go quick in Q1 they are basically screwed. So it might be worth making the investment to get better drivers.

Yeah, if the 107% was based on Q3 times lotus had barely made it into the race while virgin wouldn't have. Jarno had basically just hundredths better time than the 107% time and kovalainen just a tenth...
And so, another season of "Maintenance saga" begins.
Sauber's getting DQ'd. That's gotta be good for the STR (bad for my shell fuel too though )

Here's my own points interpretations:
DRIVERS:
Fernando Alonso 206
Felipe Massa 185
Jenson Button 198
Lewis Hamilton 250

Kamui Kobayashi 81
Sergio Perez 59
Nick Heidfeld 101
Vitali Petrov 229

Rubens Barrichello 83
Pastor Maldonado 61
Sebastien Vettel 300
Mark Webber 205

Jarno Trulli 83
Heikki Kovalainen 61
Michael Schumacher 75
Nico Rosberg 112

Adrian Sutil 145
Paul di Resta 144
Sebastien Buemi 176
Sebastian Algersuari 118

Jerome d'Ambrosio 72
Timo Glock 70
Narain Karthikeyan 12
Vitantonio liuzzi 8

CHASSIS AND ENGINE:
Ferrari 262
McLaren 248
Renault 221
Sauber 97
Williams 95
Mercedes 126
RedBull 339
Lotus 94
ForceIndia 187
ToroRosso 199
Virgin 94
HRT 16

FUEL:
Shell 157
Petronas 36
Mobil1 146
Total 208
BP 70

My team of kovalainen-glock-str-str-shell did pretty well too
Second place.

More than happy with that.
Heh, looks like the site has some trouble dealing with the load. Pretty slow at times...

And 32 people in the lfs sub league. Great! Let's try to win the caps although the competition looks pretty challenging this year. That neogaf league looks again pretty convincing
I thought I'd come second... until I saw I was on page 2
Hahah

Damn, my risking didn't really pay off, even with Petrov in third. Damn Toro Rossos gained too much with Sauber's failure.
Im First! omg! yes!

i have to keep it up now.
#36 - Uke
Hmm.. I'm on second place.

What is strange to me is that everyone had the same picks except four guys, i guess the rest didnt choosa a team at all?
Quote from Uke :Hmm.. I'm on second place.

What is strange to me is that everyone had the same picks except four guys, i guess the rest didnt choosa a team at all?

Yeah, I didn't pick one as I signed up on Saturday lol

still cant choose my team atm either
So any recommended changes?

Perhaps change my engine from Virgin to STR and have slightly worse drivers? This seems to get more points.

Currently running Alg and Trulli with STR chassis and Virgin engine.
Quote from sil3ntwar :So any recommended changes?

Perhaps change my engine from Virgin to STR and have slightly worse drivers? This seems to get more points.

Currently running Alg and Trulli with STR chassis and Virgin engine.

Investment in chassis/engine is generally safer than investing in drivers, unless the drivers are very very consistent (eg. Heidfeld, Button). I used this strategy a couple of years ago to go from 20-something-th to first in the subleague. Investing in the fuel used by the best teams is another good strategy.

Drivers are riskier but can give big rewards if they do unusually well.
I'm shared second.
From the manager site front page:

Quote :[Admin]:
bonusquestion and bets will be online today or tomorrow.
04/04/2011 10:24:52 AM

Hyperactive, that name really is perfect for you.
Bonus question is up guys..

Bonus question 1

You can answer this question until: 19:59:59, Thursday 7th April, 2011.
If your answer is correct, you will gain 3.000.000 euro to improve your team!

One of the changes this season is the adjustable rear wing to boost overtaking. The system's availability is electronically controlled. Watch the video and answer this week's question: When will the system be deactivated?

When the driver pushes a button on the steering wheel.
When the car is driving too close behind another car.
When the driver brakes.
When the car enters a corner with an angle of more than 15 degrees.
-
(ATC Quicksilver) DELETED by ATC Quicksilver : beaten to it
Quote from adamlfs :When the driver brakes.

That's the answer, although it's kind of vague since all the teams have different systems. Ferrari use a pedal, which opens the wing only when it's pressed. Other teams can push the button to activate it, then push the button again to close it, and some teams just hold the button to activate it and let go to close it. But hitting the brakes is the universal way of closing the wing, all teams have to have that in place.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That's the answer, although it's kind of vague since all the teams have different systems. Ferrari use a pedal, which opens the wing only when it's pressed. Other teams can push the button to activate it, then push the button again to close it, and some teams just hold the button to activate it and let go to close it. But hitting the brakes is the universal way of closing the wing, all teams have to have that in place.

Yeah, but also kinda odd. They have linked that video but it doesn't say anywhere during the video, or I missed it lol
Quote from adamlfs :Yeah, but also kinda odd. They have linked that video but it doesn't say anywhere during the video, or I missed it lol

You're right it doesn't. I think perhaps it was meant to be a question about when or how a driver activates the system, and it's gone wrong half way through.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You're right it doesn't. I think perhaps it was meant to be a question about when or how a driver activates the system, and it's gone wrong half way through.

I think they just haven't watched the video. I don't think they have put the question wrong (accidentally or otherwise) because the answers all seem to be more about deactivating the drs than activating it. Language barrier is one thing but the driver doesn't really activate the drs if he is too close to other driver .
Difficult choises once again

I think I'll change things a bit and get a redbull driver...
Completely forgot to update my team...

F1 Race Manager 2011 Browser Game
(253 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG