The online racing simulator
Post Old, Addicting games here!!
(95 posts, started )
Yeah! Stunts and Interstate '76 were pretty good fun!

Maybe not really addictive, but I remember me and my dad trying to beat each other's PBs on Accolade Grand Prix Still cringe at the god awful music/sound.

I spent months and months on Mercedes Benz World Racing. All those cars and tracks = cruising for days on end!
Felony 11-79 . Bloody good fun, if you ignore the pointless story.
#53 - Foqs
#54 - Zay
Quote from speed1230 :Midtown Madness 2!
Still play it from time to time
I've even got a pic

Yes!!! Thats another one thats awesome! I was SOOO addicted lol, I think I might actually dig up that disc now lol:P
- Grand Prix series
- Digger
- Creature Labs
- Superworms
- Lemmings
- Some game where you could fly helicopters over Hawai, race on Mars etc... I'm looking for this game, but I don't know where to find it because I forgot the name.
If any game i rented more than once from blockbuster back in the day for console. Revolt, Wrecking Crew, Hey you Pikachu
Tyrian - a fun top view space shooter with a very nice upgrade system
Quote from Silverracer :
I spent months and months on Mercedes Benz World Racing. All those cars and tracks = cruising for days on end!

and you get tons of extra cars online, i have some 200+ cars for it, really like drifting around with gamepad. for me this is the perfect game to drift in, you can really find your own lines and it stil is realistic enough
It's not old, but it's surely addictive (especially if you've got someone to beat- if you make over 2000 you're doing pretty well)...

http://www.helicoptergame.net/
No doubt someone can help me out here, I recall playing a game at a lan party some years ago (2005/6 I think), all I can remember about it was a futuristic setting and on MP you had vehicles, land, air and space (you could actually enter space) with the ability to drive land based vehicles into air craft and take them into space (for whatever reason), or just dump them out of the back midflight for the mad lulz.

If anyone has the name of the game, I'd appreciate it.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :No doubt someone can help me out here, I recall playing a game at a lan party some years ago (2005/6 I think), all I can remember about it was a futuristic setting and on MP you had vehicles, land, air and space (you could actually enter space) with the ability to drive land based vehicles into air craft and take them into space (for whatever reason), or just dump them out of the back midflight for the mad lulz.

If anyone has the name of the game, I'd appreciate it.

UT 2004 mod perhaps? I have faint memories of crazy ass cool mods from that era.
I believe it was a full retail game, not a mod, but could be mistaken. I know it was crazy good fun.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I believe it was a full retail game, not a mod, but could be mistaken. I know it was crazy good fun.

I think I know the game you mean but I can't remember its name. It was some kind of multiplayer only game. I never really played it myself but it was a team based attack and defend type of game. A bit similar to the world of tanks...?
Quote from Fuse5 :Gearhead Garage!

can u tell me a way to get it to run it properly on win 7?
when i choose software mode its all funky...red.
on hardware mode it crashes every 1-2 minutes
Quote from Hyperactive :I think I know the game you mean but I can't remember its name. It was some kind of multiplayer only game. I never really played it myself but it was a team based attack and defend type of game. A bit similar to the world of tanks...?

This was a standard FPS (only with space and shit), world of tanks is a strategy game.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :This was a standard FPS (only with space and shit), world of tanks is a strategy game.

Taking a wild guess, but was it by any chance PlanetSide?

I never played it myself, but just threw a random search into Google and that is what popped up.
the old C&C games were quite addicting too, Red Alert 1 and Tiberium Sun were made abandonware last year for a short time, but german magazin CHIP didn't notice and still offers downloads for both.

Red Alert

Tiberium Sun
Scorched Earth / Tankwars (DOS) or if you prefer 3D, use Scorched 3D. Tons of fun in Multiplayer... I have to go now... save the money for a bigger nuke
Quote from PMD9409 :Taking a wild guess, but was it by any chance PlanetSide?

I never played it myself, but just threw a random search into Google and that is what popped up.

Its either Planetside or that monstrosity BF2145. I remember when Planetside first came out. I was okay with 20ish people around me, but when the battles started and it was hundreds, my PC tended to faint.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :This was a standard FPS (only with space and shit), world of tanks is a strategy game.

I think wot is more of a team based fps game with tanks than any real strategy game of any sort. Which is also what I think your game is too. Team based fps in space and on planets with different type of units each player controls individually to win as a team. I may be thinking of a wrong game but I just can't remember the name!
System shock 2
Deus Ex
Thief games
Carmageddon 2
Team Buddies: 4 player split screen against my mates was great back in the day.

Post Old, Addicting games here!!
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG