The online racing simulator
Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
Its pretty fun imo.
People need to quit griping that's its a console port, It may be but it is still fun.
Taken from crymod.com:

· Crysis 2 DOES have advanced options for the graphics. Reducing them to Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore is a POSSIBILITY, but so far, the final game WILL HAVE ADVANCED TWEAKING OPTIONS.
· The XBOX 360 demo was given twice to get as much feedback as possible (and because Crytek is being paid by Microsoft).
· They have limited the graphics options in Crysis 2 so that they can address any issues easily without wasting precious time figuring out how the custom cfgs have influenced the problem reported.
· Crysis 2 WILL SUPPORT DIRECTX 11.
· We will be getting definite information about Crysis 2's DirectX 11 features in a few days.
Quote from Mysho :· We will be getting definite information about Crysis 2's DirectX 11 features in a few days.

From the info that is going around it will be patched in at a later date considering that they have focused 100% on the consoles first then PC later but from what i know they are 2 studios working on each so i don't see how the PC version is so ****ed up at such a late stage.
I just played the demo at Steam.

Im actually impressed and it exceeded my expecations. Graphics are top notch, looks very clean. At first i maxed everything out, but it didnt want to run smooth (~30fps). Then i moved the graphics down to "Gamer" settings and after that i was able to play at smooth 60fps. I didnt notice much when changing to lower setting so that is well done in my opinion. The textures look a bit low res at close range but its a no big deal for me. Bloom was gone too (I gotta say that there's too much bloom when on highest setting).

Controls feel good imo, the center button (Suit menu?) needs some finish. Sometimes it took me a while to get the setting i needed (Invisibility, Armor etc).

Sound is good, very ambientic and realistic. Nice reverbs, but indoors the reverb is almost non existant. Gun sounds are awesome too, a big improvement over Crysis 1.

I also noticed a bug. When dude killed me, i saw him exactly infront of me. But when i died and saw the killkam - there was actually a fallen tree between us and the guy was shooting and hiding behind it.

Great game tbh.

Edit: Not to forget the gameplay, its alot of fun. Sneaking and all that. I didnt notice much campers either. There are not much camping spots tho.

Edit2: The game being a port, it performs exactly as Crysis 1 did on my PC tbh.
New patch is out. Don't know if I just had a luck about the server I was playing, but for me it runs smoothly now. Had minor issues before, it's all gone now. Here is the changelog:

The Crysis 2 Mutliplayer Demo Patch for PC is now live and will auto-patch when you launch the game! The Steam patch will also be rolling out shortly.
  • - “Press Start to Begin” has been changed to “Press Enter to Begin” on the main menu
  • - Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0)
  • - Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)
  • - Account creation now works properly
  • - G35 headset fix now implemented
  • - People not able to sign in with certain characters such as “-“ or “numbers” in their username, now can
See you online!
you just know a game is awesome if they have to patch even the demo
Quote from Shotglass :you just know a game is crappy and bugged if they have to patch even the demo

Fixed.
Are you autistic? He had a perfect execution of sarcasm.
Jackal+Cloak+Crash site=IMMENSE fun. I dropped down on one guy with a head shot, shot at another up close then melee'd him, and for the last guy just bashed him to death . My only issue is all the damn blur and for some reason the FOV seems too weirdish to me as if it's on a setting of like 40-50. Definitely takes getting used to i guess and extremely pretty. I tend to get distracted at all the prettiness when camping a corner and guarding the crash site.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I tend to get distracted at all the prettiness when camping a corner.

You play like a girl.
OMG no matter what server i´m joining, it always tells me "the server is full" even if i enter an empty server any sugguestions?
Move to Russia then try again. Seriously tho, that's weird.
Quote from John5200 :OMG no matter what server i´m joining, it always tells me "the server is full" even if i enter an empty server any sugguestions?

Having the same problem.

There might be alot of traffic tho. By the time u click "connect" there are over 9000 other people who want to connect and eventually the server becomes full.
Quote from hazaky :Having the same problem.

There might be alot of traffic tho. By the time u click "connect" there are over 9000 other people who want to connect and eventually the server becomes full.

yesterday it worked when I clicked on the server option "show empty servers" and joined an empty one. Well..... actually I was player number 12.... (it takes like 1 second to connect no one can tell EVERY server is from 0 to 12 in 1 second
Quote from DevilDare :

Honestly, the leak serves Crytek right for screwing over PC gamers.

And they wonder why everyone downloads... Time to start producing quality games if you want money, anus holes.

Thank whoever there is still Battlefield 3. There is still hope.

Looks like I'll be still standing by this then.
Those are two terrible articles from just two narrow minded disappointed gamers with unrealistic expectations. The game is only just released and already they think they can review the whole game? Finish playing it first, then I'll listen. There will be more and better reviews in the coming weeks.

And as for the whole "Crytek sold out" discussion... a small company like Crytek in today's times cannot solely rely on PC sales to pay off years of work. Pirating the PC version is too easy and sales are slim. They might just break even on PC sales but that's a risk no developer nor investor is willing to take.
The decision to develop for PS3 and Xbox 360 is one I whole fully understand.

The PC release is perhaps a little premature considering it happened so soon after finishing the console versions, but right now they're working very hard on making the game even better (DX11) to utilize a modern gaming rig. MAXIMUM GRAPHICS.
Quote from (SaM) :Pirating the PC version is too easy and sales are slim.

utter utter bs
both the xbox and ps3 versions were all over the web several days before the official release while 2 days after there still isnt a pirated pc version anywhere to be found
I said PIRATING you baboon. Not a release group CRACKING it. The fact that the console version was cracked days before the PC version says nothing about the number of people pirating the console version.

Pirating a console game requires a modified console and burning the disc with the correct region to play, while risking getting banned from online play through ever adapting anti-piracy measures (like zones on Xbox 360).

Pirating a PC game is just as easy as installing from a disc image and applying the crack. There's no governing network, no uniform hardware. Just download and play.

You just roam the forums trying to find someone to correct and feel better about yourself, don't you?
Here's a tip: read the threads, if you have something meaningful to share, post it. Otherwise, shut up.

http://www.google.com/search?s ... 8&q=pc+console+piracy
Quote from (SaM) :The fact that the console version was cracked days before the PC version says nothing about the number of people pirating the console version.

you live in a funny world there

Quote :Pirating a console game requires a modified console and burning the disc with the correct region to play, while risking getting banned from online play through ever adapting anti-piracy measures (like zones on Xbox 360).

except for the ps3 which requires 0 modifications
and im not too familiar with the situation on the xbox but from what ive gatheres all you need to do i change the firmware

Quote :You just roam the forums trying to find someone to correct and feel better about yourself, don't you?

no i only read threads im interested in

anyway i hope you feel good about failing to insult me and making an arse of yourself at the same time
Quote from Shotglass :you live in a funny world there

No, you do, the game will still sell 3 or 4 times more on each console then it will on PC.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No, you do, the game will still sell 3 or 4 times more on each console then it will on PC.

which if it will happen at all is clearly going to be 100% down to piracy and has nothing at all to do with the crappy neutered pc version and crytek constantly insulting the pc community
How was Crytek insulting pc community, they gave you games that stressed your 400 euros-god knows why you bought them-graphic cards, isn't that the whole point of pc gaming?

Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG