The online racing simulator
Quote from Seb66 :I'm pretty sure you can hit whatever the hell you like while not on a lap. Not sure why you'd feel the need to protest such a thing anyway, it's not like he was intentionally hitting the pole to put people off. Regardless, if he did do that on purpose, you go faster when the pole isn't there. That's why the Admins shoulda got rid of the pole (which woulda stopped all this nonsense)

well I totally disagree that if you are not on your hotlap you can hit whatever you want...it can put others in danger absolutely unnecessarily and to me it is just pure selfishness

I dont say he did on purpose but it was also easily avoidable...

so does this mean that if there is no pole at the time of you going through the corner you can cut it without penalty? it really is nonsense this whole pole rule
edit: I ve just read that you get penalty even if you dont hit the pole which isnt there...no comment
Quote from DeathItself :I think it has more to do with people not wanting to get stuck behind a slower driver and be able to run their full pace, but yeah testrace was a mess I got hit from all sides ... I think

Exactly my point, but not the way you interpreted it!
This is 6hr race, NOT a single hotlap.

Only poor racers get stuck behind slower drivers, skilled drivers pass in a clever way without crashing the slower driver!

Or should we just drive off-line recording our 6hr race and upload it to the admins? Sure noone would get stuck then ... but not much of racing either ...
... racing 6hr is more than just hotlapping and getting pissed of if some slower driver is ahead of you
Quote from reason0809 :i was watching the replay twice now and in my point of view there was still enough room left to go on as usual, since i braked normally into the turn like everybody else did. if you kept going on i surely was about to give room on the upcoming straight. not sure why you braked there and now reporting it like i was 1cm in front of your bumper, thats not true

okey maybe it is just me being lame but I cant do my best when driving 10 meters behind other car... I still insist you should have let me go before T1 and that is exactly what I would have done...I really couldnt know if you even knew about me and if you were going to move away from the racing line
I dont understand how that would put anyone in danger or how difficult for you it would be...
Quote from bavorak :okey maybe it is just me being lame but I cant do my best when driving 10 meters behind other car... I still insist you should have let me go before T1 and that is exactly what I would have done...I really couldnt know if you even knew about me and if you were going to move away from the racing line
I dont understand how that would put anyone in danger or how difficult for you it would be...

when i left the pits i was looking at the map and have seen that someones coming down the straight, so i constantly looked into mirrors while thinking about what to do next, and as i was going to brake and turn into t1 i thought myself you're too far away that i may somehow could've blocked you. sure, i'd like to be all alone on the track too if i qualify or hotlap, but there are still 12, 14 or more other cars in the field that want to get a quick lap as fast as possible... and besides that it wasnt a 1-lap qualy, so i believe this harm "staying in the way" didnt effect in your best time at all.

sometimes i wonder myself why people take this game so serious and believe their life depends on it, as everybody is reporting this and that, but some may think about that this is an AMATEUR league and nobody is perfect. some actions are normal in racing, even though it would be in reallife. if i would report every bump, every hit and every blocking, deko would analyze the replays until 2014
Quote from reason0809 :sometimes i wonder myself why people take this game so serious and believe their life depends on it, as everybody is reporting this and that, but some may think about that this is an AMATEUR league and nobody is perfect. some actions are normal in racing, even though it would be in reallife. if i would report every bump, every hit and every blocking, deko would analyze the replays until 2017

Fixed, gotta take into account my work schedule and amount of breaks from stupid protests
ok
Quote from reason0809 :
sometimes i wonder myself why people take this game so serious and believe their life depends on it, as everybody is reporting this and that, but some may think about that this is an AMATEUR league and nobody is perfect. some actions are normal in racing, even though it would be in reallife. if i would report every bump, every hit and every blocking, deko would analyze the replays until 2014

After reading your post, I thought that there must have been a bunch of frivolous protests, so I did a quick and dirty analysis.

I found about 40 protests (some of them were admin initiated) I found 3 that were deemed frivolous, 3 were dismissed as racing incidents. The others all had penalties or warnings applied (at least 2 of the protesters received the penalty).

I think that anyone could draw the conclusion that there have been relatively few frivolous protests, and that most of the protests have been as a result of poor race-craft. I also think that, if asked, all the teams would say that they've been involved in incidents that they thought were protestable, but decided not to in the end.
Quote from reason0809 :sometimes i wonder myself why people take this game so serious and believe their life depends on it, as everybody is reporting this and that, but some may think about that this is an AMATEUR league and nobody is perfect. some actions are normal in racing, even though it would be in reallife. if i would report every bump, every hit and every blocking, deko would analyze the replays until 2014

Maybe I take this game a bit more serious than you do...and why not? I dont have a chance to compete in real races so I am trying to enjoy them in lfs as they were real and yes I get quite emotional when I am harmed by someone in situation that could have been avoided really easily

You wonder why people take this game so seriously...and I wonder why people cant be a little bit less selfish in some situations and look at it also from other racer's point of view so that not only they are enjoying the game but also they do not kill the fun for someone else
Quote from bavorak :Maybe I take this game a bit more serious than you do...and why not? I dont have a chance to compete in real races so I am trying to enjoy them in lfs as they were real and yes I get quite emotional when I am harmed by someone in situation that could have been avoided really easily

You wonder why people take this game so seriously...and I wonder why people cant be a little bit less selfish in some situations and look at it also from other racer's point of view so that not only they are enjoying the game but also they do not kill the fun for someone else

i dont see the point where i may killed your enjoyment in this game, since deko also decided it wasnt just me thinking that i was way to far away from you to somehow stay in the way and block you from doing a hotlap

good race anyways
Power cut for me, portable computer's battery run ok connected to internet by mobile phone as router herm what ? no ffb, true...
Power is back for me finally!

good luck all, plz let me win, my birthday is in 4 days
-
(Iginla) DELETED by Iginla
Im not even sure is our 2nd driver joining 2day

e: yah he didnt come...= withdraw
Christ sake guys dont flip out on lap 1

GLA from a McDonalds computer in Swindon ;o
Quote from zippytheone :Christ sake guys dont flip out on lap 1

GLA from a McDonalds computer in Swindon ;o

Don't worry, I don't plan to.
I was on fire !!! :d
Quote from reason0809 :I was on fire !!! :d

Where? Didn't see(maybe I was too far ahead?:razz

I am a bit sorry to Craven, but overtaking before that right hander = meh.

Went too deep into Harvey's slipstream and lost traction, at least I got it back on track without damage.
started 26th and came into pits on position 9 (((:
Started 24th and came into the pits on position 1
damn core .. made me come in on 2.

but must say sorry to Piropo for slight tap in boothy chic car turned in uxexpected hope didnt affect you.
-
(rc10racer) DELETED by rc10racer
Sorry to R.Heijermann at boothy chicane, missed my brake point
THX to the great safety cars who brought me to the pit, the car wasn't steering any more and there was no way I could have gone back to the pit...when trying to steer with one hand in to the pit I changed settings in F12 and (in the panic lol) took almost all the fuel out of the car....what is it with us and those 6h races?? LOL

As for my crash, no idea what happened, I was passing two cars on the right when my car took off like there was no tomorrow...I'll wait for the replay.

Only thing left for us is the fastest lap, Heijerman going mental!

Good luck for the last 2H!!

Now I am just going to put my head in the ground for a couples of days!
We were in 15th until we lost connection and made a bad decison to not pit while everyone was :|
Quote from Framaris :THX to the great safety cars

aye thanks chaps, when my car cut out I was checking my pedals everything then realised no fuel, ohhh fram how i swore

Thanks for the push
Damn, I was running so well, even close to P10, when I went sideways, and even after was okay.

But yeah, Jesse went all stunt-driver like and rolled when I told him that it's a critical place to roll, why don't you listen to me!
I wanted try to be Ken Block, it ended pretty badly...

Something went wrong when we doing our second pitstop; it didnt changed boothy as a driver. So, I did another hour but went too in that curb and then I flipped out.

Well....

Round 6: Race Discussion
(201 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG