The online racing simulator
OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon clone) - game for FREE
Hi guys,

maybe some of you still remember the original great Trasport Tycoon Deluxe. It was those days the games have been coming with new briliant ideas, excelent gameplay which not lasted only few hours like nowdays.

If someone want to try then download it from the below link. Its FREE and in new graphic engine. I have a lots of fun with that...

http://www.openttd.org/en/
You still need original TTDX to play right?
#3 - majod
i've been playing openTTD (never multiplayer though) for few years, its great improvement over the original...
and yes, you need some files from original game
You don't need the original files anymore, there are free opensource alternatives available
correct.You dont need original files anymore.
Yea, have played it in beginning of this year, built some epic long railways(2 way) from one side to another side(2048x2048 map). Classic game indeed
You legend, I used to love the old game and I was looking for a working version of it fairly recently, don't know how I missed this on.
The new rail options are great! I love making complex and efficient intersections and stations. Nothing like a 10 track station, og a properly executed 4-track intersection!
#9 - Hahmo
Oh man, I played OpenTTD 3-4 years ago, loved it so much! Probably have it saved somewhere still in some folder..
Trasport Tycoon Deluxe was a great game aswell, I remember just putting on some stuff there, waiting to get more money by throwing Darts outside and enjoying.. :P
I remember a giant maglev rail system on one of my games, it was basically about 15 tracks next to each other going in a straight line all the way up one side of the map. I would go on that save just to see the trains shooting up and down my screen.
#11 - 5haz
Shit, addicted already.
Very addictive, I've found the best way to make money fast is to setup a few airports flying between the biggest cities. I've got 3 planes and 4 airports on my new game, and I've already payed off my starting loan.
train transporting Coal to powerplant. Pretty much the best combo, if you get a little distance and an effective track.
Not got any of that

Advice to start out with? I got 100,000, cities, but no rail links
Quote from atledreier :train transporting Coal to powerplant. Pretty much the best combo, if you get a little distance and an effective track.

Ssshh!!!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Not got any of that

Advice to start out with? I got 100,000, cities, but no rail links

And as soon as I post that......I get two cities with a coal mine and a power station each. Figures
Quote from cargame.nl :Ssshh!!!

I still rate my passenger plane service quite highly, making about £100,000 a year with 7 planes now.
I've been into this game most of my life (was but 9 years old when I first got the TT demo), you can find a bunch of heightmaps I made here: http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/heightmaps/

I love playing with realistic landscapes and a fair bunch of NewGRF addons for extra vehicles and industries. I usually start games around 1840, fun to start off with horse and carriages and sail boats and work all the way through to hover busses and mag lev trains.
Quote from Bob Smith :I've been into this game most of my life (was but 9 years old when I first got the TT demo), you can find a bunch of heightmaps I made here: http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/heightmaps/

I love playing with realistic landscapes and a fair bunch of NewGRF addons for extra vehicles and industries. I usually start games around 1840, fun to start off with horse and carriages and sail boats and work all the way through to hover busses and mag lev trains.

O man, I loved TTD back in those days. But didn't you start in 1950? Or were you using a mod?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I still rate my passenger plane service quite highly, making about £100,000 a year with 7 planes now.

£145,000 a year with 10 planes, £2,000 a month with trains, £60 a bus route
How do you actually sell or get rid of vehicles without having to replace them?

EDIT: Don't worry I worked it out
I am doing with 2 planes 250-300k
>.>

Oh I'll just revise my network then...

Anyone up for an MP game?
I use a couple of mods to make the game harder (otherwise, I reach critical mass - i.e. I make money faster than I can spend it - in some 10 or 15 years).

--Experts Servers - Industries
Makes industries "store" raw materials, then make them over time. Means you cant have ALL oil going into one single Oir refinery, as it cant store all of that.
--Alternative Base Costs
Makes construction a LOT more expensive. Roads and rail costs are nearly doubled, making a small airport costs around 300'00£ at the start, a big airport is a cool million. A jet plane is also around one to five millions when they first appear.
Terraforming is 600k£, building rail on a off-camber slope (i.e. not straight up or down) costs 200-400k£.
Much more challenging and fun.

There are all newGRFs, which you can grab from the game itself.
#25 - MR_B
Thanks for this guys, I didn't sleep until 4am playing this bloody thing. And at 10am I was up again building god damn airports. Loving it mind you...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG